Sign in to follow this  
Bum Grasshopper

Vitamin supplements

If so, which ones? If not why?

I used to work at a 4 star restaurant with a wide variety of food. I did not think that supplements were needed. Now I manage a bar and grill and my diet has changed. I am thinking of taking an omega 3 supplement because I don't eat nearly as much seafood as I used to.

Do you take them in the morning or night? With food or empty stomach? Organic or synthetic?

• Like 1

I usually take 3 fish oil liquid capsules a day w/ food, in the morning. They're relatively cheap Trader Joe brand. They claim they're molecularly distilled to knock out toxins. They have a similar Omega pill combining fish oil, flax and primrose that I'll also take. I wanted to see if I could tell a different but I couldn't.

I'll take a multi from Life Force, its a kitchen sink vitamin, they recommend 2 a day, but I'll take one in the morning w/ food and the fish oil.

M

BG,

A vitamin, fish oil, clay/psyllium, tea (currently chamomile) and juicing are my main goodies. The vitamin is the daily thing and I'll cycle through the other stuff on and off. I'll keep this up until a few months before I transition to nonphysical. At that time, I'll sense its approach and gradually stop eating altogether as it'll help me take a more 'spiritual' view of things.

On the other hand, I've met a gentleman who's last meal was Mexican food and I have a weakness for a few Mexican restaurants in Phoenix. Doubt I'll die there though.

Sorry, got OT. :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

BG,

A vitamin, fish oil, clay/psyllium, tea (currently chamomile) and juicing are my main goodies. The vitamin is the daily thing and I'll cycle through the other stuff on and off. I'll keep this up until a few months before I transition to nonphysical. At that time, I'll sense its approach and gradually stop eating altogether as it'll help me take a more 'spiritual' view of things.

On the other hand, I've met a gentleman who's last meal was Mexican food and I have a weakness for a few Mexican restaurants in Phoenix. Doubt I'll die there though.

Sorry, got OT. :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

Yea, you got me going on the clay/psysillum thing a year ago. I kept going with the psylliym thing, sonne's clay when I think I need it ( like right now).

Do you take a multi vitamin once a day? Do you care what kind?

you should always take vitamins and other supplements with food. imho you shouldn't take synthetic supplements. if you buy pill type supplements, look on the label. it should say 'from vegetable sources.' if it doesn't, it's probably synthetic.

the best omega 3 supplements are cod liver oil and flax oil.

besides omega 3s, I personally have gotten good results from taking magnesium, B vitamins and spirulina. I have taken a lot of other stuff, and aside from chinese herbs I have found most of them to be worthless.

taking vitamin C pills has been linked to cancer. in general, it is best to get vitamins and minerals from food. if you eat leafy greens, shiitake mushrooms and some sea weed, you have most of the bases covered.

Edited by qirin

I eat Terramin and/or Pascalite clays every day. I take fish oil on and off. I also take a liquid mineral supplement. It's important that it be liquid. I've read that the single thing that clogs up water treatment systems is undigested supplement pills. My mineral supplement is mostly calcium, but it has magnesium, phosphorus, and boron. I also take Vitamin D supplements, in liquid form, softgels. I also take bone meal powder as well.

(I) grow wheat & barley grass and juice it.

grow & have centella asiatica (aka gotu kola) 2 leaves per day

have emblica officinals as well - also known amalaki fruit

very small amount of shilajeet (it's best from a trusted and honest supplier - the capsulated stuff is mostly filler)

triphala is quite good as it simultaneously nourishes and gently removes any accumulated waste. it is comprised of three myrobalan fruits (that which is often depicted in the hand of Medicine Buddha)

nice list:

I second that natural vitamins are better than synthetic

magnesium is good stuff

wheat grass juice is totally of the gods if you have the patience for it. Juicing something green isn't as great, but less work.

Agharta, do you do Redmond clay anymore?

Agharta, do you do Redmond clay anymore?

No. It was good for a time, and I think it's very helpful in some cases. However, it gave one of my ex-girlfriends some pretty bad stomach cramps, and it would occasionally give me some cramping too. Still, it's probably good for detox. You definitely want to drink a lot of water with it, though, if you take much.

I take the following

Cellfood - Oxygen and Trace element formula

Vital Greens - Greens drink full of nutrients

Whey Protein

Creatine

Maca

Vitamin C powder 10g to 15g per day - Calcium Ascorbate (PH balanced non acidic)

To the person who stated that Vitamin C can cause cancer, consider reading the works of Linus Pauling.

Also check out the website cforyourslef.com , to get a more scientific look at the importance of Vitamin C megadosing. Humans need a lot more than what the RDI recommends, actually 20 to 40 times more.

• Like 1

I take powdered Acai berry once or twice a day whenever I'm eating or drinking something convenient to add it to. I also take raw bee pollen somewhat less frequently, like once every few days to a week. I have been off my regimen lately due to several inconveniences, and have felt noticeably less energetic, more depressed, and generally less healthy -- my allergies have even been acting up more.

By the way, dried Acai is incredibly cheap if you find the right source, like around 2 dollars an ounce; I spend about 5 dollars a month on it.

• Like 1

I have a whole food vitamin from the mega food brand. When is the best time to take it? With meal, before meal, after meal, completely empty stomach?

Most recommendations I have seen is to take them with a meal. Apparently the digestive process from eating helps to incorporate the suppliments into the system.

• Like 2

Does crushing tablets into powder count?

Yes it does, though vitamin b tastes horrid! I always just chew my calcium pills, they aren't bad ;). Just make sure to get pills without fillers (whether you crush them or not). Oh and BCAAs, definitely an acquired taste if you take the powder! Yech lol.

MegaFood is a good choice. It is what I take after experimenting with several wholefood vitamins.

I take them with meals, no coffee for 1-2 hours.

Sign in to follow this