salaam123

getting paralyzed from chi kung?

is this possible? I mean I have a little trouble feeling my legs and I just drove home and I have difficulty in walking :(

whatever it is, I'd stop if I were you. Is it like with physical exercise where your legs are totally tired and they just give out on occasion? Even if it's as simple and innocent as that, still it's a good idea to back off. If more complicated then I'd see an MD. Good luck!!

Your pal,

Yoda

Also there is a problem, I have my throat "chakra" or whatever the thing is that is in throat, floating over my penis and below stomach(perineum) and cant get it rise up. part of this problem was that I tried to open my heart "chakra" too much.

Because of this, I have lost the chi in my dan tien.

When I tried to correct this, I accidently lifted the jing that forms dan tien to inside my chest. This resulted in some breathing problems and anxiety.

Also there is a problem, I have my throat "chakra" or whatever the thing is that is in throat, floating over my penis and below stomach(perineum) and cant get it rise up. part of this problem was that I tried to open my heart "chakra" too much.

Because of this, I have lost the chi in my dan tien.

When I tried to correct this, I accidently lifted the jing that forms dan tien to inside my chest. This resulted in some breathing problems and anxiety.

what practice are you doing????

Sounds like you are Un rooting yourself aswell..

I'd go see a doctor and make sure there isnt something physically wrong with your body. Before you do that you can go outside and get into a horse stance and do somewhat of a bear hug around the tree and breath in as you visualize a white or pure light absorbing into your body and as you exhale visualize giving the tree a dark or black substance and see the tree push it into the earth or sit in half or full lotus on the actually ground and do the same visualization but it exists through your bottom into the earth. It's probably a physical thing that's wrong though unless someone is attacking through psychic assaults

There's a balance between supplementation and circulation.

People vary widely, based on lots of factors. Not everyone should be practicing qi gong. Some people are 100 traffic jams just waiting to happen: just add a little more tension and power. Better, for such, to focus more on circulation and opening channels: Stretching, hatha yoga, any aerobic exercise (running, biking, swimming), acupressure, joint rotations, anything that opens up tissue and fascia.

salaam123 i have read your posts for a while.

you should cease trying to consciously lead your chi around your body and root yourself in physical practices like pile standing ie universal post. These practices integrate mind and body and the mental dialog should STOP. If your still consciously "doing" things with your chi based on some perceptions your having, LET GO.

i have suggested this to you before. now you see where it leads. disintegration. yes it's some cool feelings here and there to guide or manipulate what you can only feel not see but there are rules and guidelines. your being sent warning messages... so even though it's easy to mix and match practices or make up your own based on perception and will, it is better to start fresh daily, to start w/ the classical structure in mind, which is nothing. think on nothing while practicing, stand daily, move daily, and follow the heat warmth and light. The best place to put your mind during practice is no where to begin with, then as the work sets in (gung) bring the mind to the dan tien. It's important to have physical practices to ground your cultivation. Chi gung should reliven, revive, refresh, lighten, ground, overall balance the physical organism. When you try to 'force' things your actually bring the body out of balance, by letting go you allow your physical organism to neutralize stress, bring in fresh chi, and excommunicate old chi.

Best to you and continued good luck,

Dave

Edited by Spectrum

Shaking is great aswell. However, go see a doctor. Qigong isnt dangerous. Yoga isnt dangerous. It's quite possible that your mind is doing this too. Go see s a physician then a psychiatrist. Do you honestly think that if it was dangerous 70 80 and 90 yr old people would start practicing? Nope. Their bodies are all ran down so if it was dangerous it would hurt them. It's not.

relax and have fun in life. play. pay close attention to your energy cycles and coincide them with practice, are you practicing only when you feel a certain way? are you following a daily routine? practicing at the same time of day? for the Time being. attend what is natural. enjoy the Transition times that are naturally bestowed to you. power can not to grasped it will elude you. do what is natural stretch in the morning, be periodically active, attend the healing and growth cycle, eat Good food, Be quiet or practice music, read a book or watch a movie at night, what is natural is Natural Harmony.

Shaking is great aswell. However, go see a doctor. Qigong isnt dangerous. Yoga isnt dangerous. It's quite possible that your mind is doing this too. Go see s a physician then a psychiatrist. Do you honestly think that if it was dangerous 70 80 and 90 yr old people would start practicing? Nope. Their bodies are all ran down so if it was dangerous it would hurt them. It's not.

Dude... stop.

Think how this would sound: "Exercise isn't dangerous. Do you think if exercise was dangerous 70, 80 and 90 year old people would do it? If it was dangerous it would hurt them. It's not."

"Qi Gong" is as general a term as "exercise". Both can mean a lot of things, some of them healthy, some of them stupid and unhealthy. Sure, exercise, done properly, will help you rather than hurt you. But tons of people do what they think is "exercise" and end up injuring themselves badly. Same with qigong. Lots of people get hurt wtih it. Old people exercise too, but the level at which they're able to exercise is way different than someone young and strong. Same with qigong. If someone doesn't have much energy to start with, they don't have much with which to hurt themselves.

Dude... stop.

Think how this would sound: "Exercise isn't dangerous. Do you think if exercise was dangerous 70, 80 and 90 year old people would do it? If it was dangerous it would hurt them. It's not."

"Qi Gong" is as general a term as "exercise". Both can mean a lot of things, some of them healthy, some of them stupid and unhealthy. Sure, exercise, done properly, will help you rather than hurt you. But tons of people do what they think is "exercise" and end up injuring themselves badly. Same with qigong. Lots of people get hurt wtih it. Old people exercise too, but the level at which they're able to exercise is way different than someone young and strong. Same with qigong. If someone doesn't have much energy to start with, they don't have much with which to hurt themselves.

Sometimes when people open their mouths, so to speak, all that comes out is noise. I dont know how many times this has to beat into people's heads. The odds of qigong hurting you are about the same odds that I'm really clark kent and I can fly and shoot lasers from my eyes and pick up trains. The whole thing about "Oh it's sooooooo dangerous, beware!!!" is that it keeps the student teacher relationship strong and healthy. I'd place real money on the fact that maybe 2-3 people on this forum have actually experienced negative effects from qigong, even then they arent negative, just because you feel pain or dizziness, etc, it's 99% of the time a blockage and you are just undoing the blockage.

There are many types of qigong.

To anyone reading this: don't listen to MPWay. :)

Everyone obviously listen to Scotty here. He is THE QIGONG AUTHORITY!!! I've read every book this man has to offer and have been attending his seminars for YEARS!! He has corrected many imbalances in me, mostly mentally because obviously I have a few screw loose. I've personally seen him turn water into wine, walk on water, and PERSONALLY I HAVE SEEN HIM KICK CHUCK NORRIS" ASS!!!!!

Sometimes when people open their mouths, so to speak, all that comes out is noise.

kinda like gurgling noises? either you can swim or you can't. the deep end of the pool is unforgiving. in the ocean there are no life guards.

Really... no life guards. MPWay your outta line, and you've stopped responding to salaam123's dialog for some kinda win lose tape your playing pout here. Public discussion on these topics isn't about being right and wrong, its about helping people, this isn't my thread but I will respond in a constructive way, you "should" do the same, but you are free to do as you will.

The whole thing about "Oh it's sooooooo dangerous, beware!!!"

Your right, Qiqong doesn't hurt people, they hurt themselves.

Martial art doesn't hurt people either, but somehow, accidents happen.

I'd place real money on the fact that maybe 2-3 people on this forum have actually experienced negative effects from qigong,

Seriously?

I lowered my structure so it contacted with k-1 point. I feel better now.

salaam123: sounds like you might should maybe mix some moving practices into your static so you can apply things practically to your environment. Find a wall and Thread the Nine Pearls. Find a tree to hug. OrTwo person exercises like push hands will prob help as well. Above all a regular training routine rooted in physicality of movement like jogging up hills, cycling, swimming, walking, anything, esp healing and martial forms and practice.

Edited by Spectrum

kinda like gurgling noises? either you can swim or you can't. the deep end of the pool is unforgiving. in the ocean there are no life guards.

Really... no life guards. MPWay your outta line, and you've stopped responding to salaam123's dialog for some kinda win lose tape your playing pout here. Public discussion on these topics isn't about being right and wrong, its about helping people, this isn't my thread but I will respond in a constructive way, you "should" do the same, but you are free to do as you will.

Your right, Qiqong doesn't hurt people, they hurt themselves.

Martial art doesn't hurt people either, but somehow, accidents happen.

Seriously?

salaam123: sounds like you might should maybe mix some moving practices into your static so you can apply things practically to your environment. Find a wall and Thread the Nine Pearls. Find a tree to hug. OrTwo person exercises like push hands will prob help as well. Above all a regular training routine rooted in physicality of movement like jogging up hills, cycling, swimming, walking, anything, esp healing and martial forms and practice.

As the saying goes " I'm a fish out of water" ;) There was no reason to continue responding on this post, the advice was given. I said in the beginning that he should ground himself by bear hugging a tree or sitting on the ground. I also said a visit to the physician or psychiatrist might help aswell. Comparing martial art injuries to qigong injuries doesnt work because statistically there are way more martial art injuries. Let's try skydiving. For 99.999% of the people that go skydiving, that same percentage will come home afterwards but for the .0001%, they dont come home. I've never one time said that it's impossible to get ill or suffer from any practice, I've simply said that the odds of that happening are extremely extremely rare, and that's because they are rare. Another thing to note is that just because someone feels ill because of training doesnt meant they should stop, on the contrary, they should continue with deligence because it's a blockage.

I'm not sure where you were going with the whole not responding to salaam because, unless youre talking about another topic I've been chattin along this whole time. There's always been a control. Over everything, including these practices. I was told once, by this 'master' that I could practice this certain beginning technique at home but I couldnt teach anyone to do it because I wasnt a master and could mess them up and blah blah horseshit horseshit. Now without going into detail, this technique, no matter how it was taught and especially the way he taught it, wasnt dangerous AT ALL. It's a great way to scare students into giving the master more and more money so that you wont go anywhere else or attempt to teach it but youll also help reel in other students. Again, I've never ever, not one time said that you couldnt get hurt by these practices, I've said that it's VERY< VERY< RARE!!

But it's not very very rare. Like I said: there are many types of qigong. The stuff you're thinking of probably isn't too risky at all, and I agree would be very very rare to get injured from.

But it's not very very rare. Like I said: there are many types of qigong. The stuff you're thinking of probably isn't too risky at all, and I agree would be very very rare to get injured from.

Master Scotty but I oh so beg to differ. I'm not igorant to the fact that there are hundreds if not thousands of forms of qigong. I'm really starting to enjoy how much people hype this up on the danger scale. Is it because you (you meaning everyone) want to make yourself feel more elite because you practice a dangerous, very deadly practice? I'm serious. I guess I really am just beating a dead horse here. But this horse is TRUTH AND JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY!! :D If I appear a little off it must be from the qigong I used to practice but dont now so it mustve stuck with me mentally. Head slams into desk sheesh

Dude I have no idea what you're arguing about. I'm just trying to keep things truthful, and to help people understand that it can be dangerous.