wudangquan

Free Seminar Preview

I don't know how to embed video here, and for some reason it never works for me. . .

I have a new preview video for the movie length seminar I will be giving away at http://www.taoisttraining.com . . .

I extend an open invitation for Max, Lijiong, Winn, any other people who are teaching publically, as well as anyone who would like to research something, or knows enough about something to make an audio, video, or text presentation to do so and I will host it, at my expense.

This means - even if you are not a famous person or teacher, or are just some redneck covered in scratchy tattoos like me - if you are willing to do the work and create something legit, and GIVE IT AWAY, without expecting anything on the back end - I am willing to promote it and distribute it.

As you can see, the site is not monetized. No adsense, no advertisements - nothing like that. And as long as I'm able to, I will keep it that way to prevent undue influence.

If you want to offer some product or service you may, in the classified section, but if you want people to start sending their cash to you, I suggest you move the free-line back (FAR).

Anyway, I'm sure alot of people who do this for a job won't want to give away their best stuff, but I invite other people who know something, have figured something out, can talk to someone who knows something, or who can do research to create material that can be given away.

I'm going to check out your site. :) Thanks for putting yourself out there for free.

Hi Scotty,

I left you a comment on there and added you to my friends list. Thanks for checking it out.

I'm not worried about the material being free, really. As I have said it is something I'm doing for myself, anyway - and at some point I'll use the gravity as leverage to gain access to some teachers I want to learn from, or at least check out what they're doing. That's why I don't want to sell stuff.

The thing that I'm worried about is like crazy personal attacks and stuff like that.

The things I have been taught, and the things that I believe - it's not Tao of Poo material, and I'm probably opening myself up for alot of criticism.

But I'm up for it. As long as it takes the form of civilized rebuttal, and people are willing to actually explain - at length and in audio, video or good quality articles why they disagree with me or don't agree with some of the things that I believe.

I'm not going to skirt serious issues, though and I don't have any financial interests in this, so I don't need to carrot stick people for long amounts of time, and will just say what I want to say and leave it at that.

As a caveat and cya move for myself - I think I have had better teaching than most people, and I think that I understand the direct route more clearly than at least some people, but in no way do I want to present myself as enlightened, or anything like that. Neither am I at all qualified to be anyones "master" or some such nonsense.

I'm just a guy with a video camera, a microphone, laptop and no job in China. :)

Haha it's not bad.

It's not even divergent from what most people talk about.

Maybe it's a matter of "style" or something, though.

The skills that get you out of Egypt are not the skills that lead you to the promised land, and all that.

I'm going to work on the next thing for an hour a day, and that's it.

I feel like the internet is taking over my life, so I have to cut out most of it. It's like I tell myself "You're not watching tv, and you're doing stuff related to your cultivation (ceaseless talk without much point)" so somehow spending my time doing this is better than that.

But it isn't.

6 hours a week should be enough to get plenty done, though.

j

Haha it's not bad.

It's not even divergent from what most people talk about.

Maybe it's a matter of "style" or something, though.

The skills that get you out of Egypt are not the skills that lead you to the promised land, and all that.

I'm going to work on the next thing for an hour a day, and that's it.

I feel like the internet is taking over my life, so I have to cut out most of it. It's like I tell myself "You're not watching tv, and you're doing stuff related to your cultivation (ceaseless talk without much point)" so somehow spending my time doing this is better than that.

But it isn't.

6 hours a week should be enough to get plenty done, though.

j

I recommend this site to all especially new comers like myself. Well done keep it coming

Hey hey,

I need some reviewers for my new documentary/seminar.

You can see the preview at http://www.taoisttraining.com . . . It's going to be free for everyone who's a registered member on the site, and I'm about 1/3 finished with it at this point.

While I'm giving it away for free, I would like to get some credible reviews. It's kind of un-professional, but if people like it I might use it for something else (like what? I dunno. . . )

If you'd like to see it before anybody else - here's what I'm looking for in the review:

1. Your full name

2. Your title, if it's applicable (you own a kung fu school, wrote a book, are a secret leader of the COBRA organization, etc.)

3. A Photo

4. Your website if you want me to put it on the front of TaoistTraining.com . . .

If you're up for it - Drop me an email at [email protected] and let me know.

I would guess the movie is going to be done by the end of this week, and I'll have a version online for the previewers to check out (will be big).

Thanks,

Jonathan

p.s. Will be at least an hour and a half of streaming video so you should have a good connection

Edited by wudangquan

- I think I have had better teaching than most people, and I think that I understand the direct route more clearly than at least some people, but in no way do I want to present myself as enlightened, or anything like that. Neither am I at all qualified to be anyones "master" or some such nonsense.

This seems to be a very strong statement.

I think most people have never had the chance to receive real Taoist training, in the West or in China.

From my experience it is usually something that takes place one on one from Teacher to student.

I personally have very little experience.

If you feel like sharing, what "teaching" have you had, and what "direct route" do you "understand".

Looking forward to hearing what actual training you have received in Taoist studies, and where........

This seems to be a very strong statement.

I think most people have never had the chance to receive real Taoist training, in the West or in China.

From my experience it is usually something that takes place one on one from Teacher to student.

I personally have very little experience.

If you feel like sharing, what "teaching" have you had, and what "direct route" do you "understand".

Looking forward to hearing what actual training you have received in Taoist studies, and where........

Daoyou ah!

Peace and Blessings!

Daoyou ah!

Peace and Blessings!

Hey my brother!

I am getting ready to take a bamboo raft down 9 Bends river in Wuyishan!

Would love to talk sometime.....

Interesting events have taken shape in my life.......

My last lesson from my teacher is one of independence...........

He kept talking about retreat training, and us building a house, and how we need practice partners, vegetable growing, how to practice in retreat, etc........

And now he has gone off alone in the mountains to complete his final stage......

I thought we were going to go into retreat together, but, realize he was just showing me how it should be done.....

His last words to me were...."All the seeds have been given, and everything has been taught. You are young and still have a long way to go along. Good Luck! The path for you now is one of self exploration. "

There you have it.

Want to be a practice partner and go off in the mountains???

Anyway......

Independent now, and letting the next phase unfold.

Was invited to a temple in Tian Shan, so might spend the winter there....but maybe too cold!

Much love!

Time to float down the river in a bamboo raft!!!

Hey my brother!

He kept talking about retreat training, and us building a house, and how we need practice partners, vegetable growing, how to practice in retreat, etc........

And now he has gone off alone in the mountains to complete his final stage......

I thought we were going to go into retreat together, but, realize he was just showing me how it should be done.....

His last words to me were...."All the seeds have been given, and everything has been taught. You are young and still have a long way to go along. Good Luck! The path for you now is one of self exploration. "

There you have it.

Anyway......

Was invited to a temple in Tian Shan, so might spend the winter there....but maybe too cold!

Much love!

Wow! You have been given the greatest gift - the gift of independence.

Don't attach yourself to practice partner's - unless of course you want to come to the big city

and practice. :lol:

Hey my brother!

There you have it.

Anyway......

Much love!

Hey Dao Zhen welcome back I was just thinking of you last night and wondered how you were going on your retreat :lol:

The river trip sounds like it will be a real adventure.

Heres to keeping a float.

Hi Dao Zhen,

I don't have any famous teachers. I have, what I feel are excellent teachers, though. The closest thing that I might have to someone may have heard about is the lineage from Bi Youfeng, who was a famous and internationally travelled Shuai Jiao player from the 50's-70's, and I am the sole inheritor of that in my generation (although everyone who does SJ in Yunnan basically does his stuff - I just have the right to use his name), and it's a Taoist practice from the Black Yizu around Stone Forest and is the full system, with strikes, qigong, etc..

I've also had lots of personal instruction (although not ordained, but I believe I could be if I asked) at Longquan. I will move back down south in less than a month and continue my studies at Longquan.

I currently train with a priest from Wudang here in Shiyan city (the town where WudangShan is located), but I dont' train on the mountain, and he doesn't have any youtube videos because he's a normal guy and not a wushuguan teacher.

The others? Hilltribe Taoists in Myanmar. Random Chinese cultivators who (I believe) are at a very high level and concerned with the issues in cultivation that I am now concerned with, etc.

I mention the previous because you probably asked as a matter of course and weren't being confrontational (I hope), but the truth is I am not selling anything, not claiming to be a master, enlightened, etc. and thus have nothing to prove.

Well here is my honest review...

I couldn't finish watching the video. Saw about 1/4th of it. Fast forwarded to see if anything would happen...checked up on a bunch of the different topics, such as "the golden elixer" and "the mysterious female"....then gave up because I saw that it was still more theory. JUST theory.

Nothing practical and useful in my opinoin. Just Taoist philosophy, which I'm sure most here know after simply reading the Tao Te Ching. If they don't, then perhaps the video will clear it up a bit.

I was anticipating something great, since this was apparently:

And to be totally honest - this is one of the top 10 videos on

Taoism, internal martial arts, etc. that's EVER been made.

(these quotes are from the email I got asking for reviewers)

I know it sounds immodest, and wierd but . . . Although the quality

is unprofessional and I made a bunch of numbskull mistakes - the

content is like nothing anybody has ever put out before.

Certainly not for free.

I disagree. People can learn all of what I saw on the internet. Maybe I should've watched the whole thing, but every part I looked at was mediocre. Not trying to be rude, just being honest.

Except, there is a reason to be rude....

It is. Free to watch, that is.

After you watch it, you need to drop about 5 bones on me, because I

need help to run the site.

I've put up the greatest collection of taoist texts and audio that

exists anywhere in the world, and I didn't do it for money, but it

costs money to do it.

No one needs to give any money for watching the video. If the site costs money to keep up, then move it to a free hosting space, or get a job...or make the site and content worthwhile. I don't think it is, and because of the tactics used, I won't give any money.

It's not proper to say "all of this is free!" then say "oh yea I need some cash". If it's free then it should be free and there should be no asking for donations or payment. As it stands, it's not exactly free...so it shouldn't be advertised as such.

Sorry for the negativity, but perhaps you should rethink how you advertise things. Or, if your content is actually free, then stop advertising...why would you try to sell something that's free? Just put it out there.

:)

Well, it is free. I only asked some people to help me with the costs of maintaining the site. People help me with using bandwidth. And I'm happy to give it and whatever else is on the site away for free. But - what I would like to do is keep advertisements off of the site.

Believe me - I could drive the traffic that I get (and its not a small amount) into an offer where I get at least a 50% comission on a high ticket item, offer to remotely activate peoples dormant DNA or whatever these people are obviously making money on because they are consistently advertising - and get paid.

And yeah, it's just theory. I personally believe that nobody has put that amount of material into a video format for sale or for free, and I personally believe it covers most of the important issues in cultivation.

So, sorry you didn't like it.

While I don't claim that the ideas are original or that they're mine (they're QuanZhen material, nearly verbatim in English with illustrative slides) - I spent a good many hours putting 2 hours of video together.

Maybe I made it sound like it would be better than it is, or maybe I think it's something better than other people do. As a caveat, there's no bullet time, no qi ball projection, and no buy here, become a tao, even if it's 3am pitch.

It just is what it is. :) a 2 hour seminar of Quanzhen teachings on the process of cultivation with illustrative slides.

I don't understand why you want to get so personal about it, though. I do have a job. :) I just don't make much money, and I spend my money on other things (and I can spend the $30 a month I pay for hosting on things that help me, rather than trying to do things to benefit other people - believe me that wouldn't be a problem.

You watched it for free.

When it goes up anyone else who wants to will be able to watch it for free.

Posting emails in a public forum is also not such great form, I think but I don't care. Somebody else might.

Anyway sorry you felt disappointed.

I welcome and encourage you to show me how it should be done. :)

J

Edited by wudangquan

Well the email was to everyone who joined your site, right? I didn't think it was private...so it seemed okay to post. I'm glad you didn't think that was rude...if you did I could edit my post.

I didn't mean to get personal or offend you. It is obvious you put a lot of time into it...and perhaps it's good for what it is. So I didn't mean much by it...no hard feelings?

Regardless of what I said, I think you're a cool guy.

It's just that your attitude of dismissing other systems is offensive. Why can't yours be dismissed as well, as being not up to par/theory and no practicality/beginner's Taoism?

So I guess I just felt the need to review the video like I did to kind of tell you: you're wrong.

Yeah, there's no hard feelings from me, for sure and I appreciate what you had to say.

I guess what I should take from it is that

1. What I value isn't necessarily the same as what others will value (I wish someone - anyone - would put up 2 hours worth of seminar material and talk about how to transcend the state of being human, in a way that is holistic, deals with a bigger picture view of things, etc. and not include a sales pitch to "find out the rest that you can't do this without". . . )

2. I shouldn't assume that people would want to contribute to something simply because it's something that I want to contribute to.

Since you were kind enough to watch part of it, and seem like a civil guy - I would like to talk about 3 other things that I either thought about when reading your posts, or which I thought might be inferred, or which are simply on my mind right now.

First, there's a reason I stuck to just illustrative slides, rather than doing live video or talking about this or that technique. It's the same reason (or one of the reasons) why I decided to stop working on Wudangquan.com for now.

That is, that I'm not interested in running "The Jonathan Show". I would rather that nobody at all knows who I am, and that I can live my life quietly and in an upright way, in peace.

I don't want to make martial arts videos because I don't want to have sausage necked tough guys on the internet challenging me to fights, and I hope to avoid doing the same about Taoism or cultivation because I recognize that I am a student, and while I think I could teach just about anything at least efficiently - I'm not qualified to tell people what to do with matters of spiritual profundity or those with permanent consequences.

Second, on the issue of money . . . I want to be totally frank and direct and hope it won't be misunderstood. The $30 I pay for the hosting (which is necessary for alot of multimedia transfers) each month represents between 20-40 meals for me.

I'm currently completely out of money because I was cheated in a business deal here, but this is not anyone elses problem but mine.

I felt like I put alot of time into making the video, and that if 100 people watched it, and 5% of them donated $5 to help with the site, that would be . . . You know - $25. Less than one months expense.

But I don't mind paying for it myself. I like doing the work, and would probably do it even without a place to put it on the internet, so it's no problem for me.

I also thought that some kind of investiture would contribute to people wanting to contribute in other ways, as well which is my main objective.

There is one thing I want to be very, very clear about though. I felt (and you may not have intended to say) in your original post that there was at least the implication that I was running an attempt at profiteering.

I've tried to examine myself very closely on this matter. Of course I could use and would like more money.

However, to the extent that I can understand my own motivations, I really don't think this is the case.

Again, allow me to be frank. This demograph is like a marketers wet dream.

People are willing to spend double digits on PDF's.

Bruce Frantzis (Who I respect and only use as an example) sells cd's of HIM singing Taoist songs for like $60 or $80 a pop, and evidently people buy it.

All of the commercial Wushuguans here around Wudangshan (the teachers of which I also completely respect) charge people between $500-$1,000 a month to train and people are happy to pay it.

Wang Liping (again, who I don't know but respect by virtue of his reputation) charges $5,000 for western students to come to a single seminar, not including their flight costs, lodging and food, etc.

This site runs advertisements (and I think he should charge people to post them in the forums, as well).

And I think it's fine for all of them to do that. They have organizations and other responsibilities to deal with, and I understand that and think it's no problem.

But the point is - If I wanted to exploit this community I could do it. A few spooky videos, my way or the highway, enough traffic and knowing my conversion metrics and it would be like shooting fish in a barrel . . but that's not my intention.

Finally . . . If I've lead you or other people to believe that I don't respect or find value in other systems - that's my mistake for not being clear enough.

I have the upmost respect for all traditional Pai's of Taoism, as well as many unorthodox or new practices which are upright.

I have the upmost respect for the Buddha Dharma although I am not a student and am not so learned in it.

I have the upmost respect for the majority of practices that would fall under the banner of Hinduism.

Same with Tibetan Buddhism, Bon, etc.

Comtemplative Christianity, and many of the Monastic, hermetic, and other traditions of Christianity? You bet.

. . .

I suppose the place where I have made an error is in not being clear enough that there are one or two systems or practices which I feel a strong amount of reservation towards.

It could be that I'm one of Li Jiongs 3rd rate individuals, and that my enlightenment quality is so low that I can't see the value in what they're doing. Who knows.

I also have probably made a mistake by not prefacing things with caveats like "I believe" or "It's my opinion" or "As I understand" enough.

In casual conversation I assume that people understand that those are implied, but it's my fault for not saying them, and maybe making someone think that I am saying that my understanding is the ONLY correct understanding. That's never what I mean.

Anyway -- this is a long one, and I tend to write long posts.

To be clear:

1. I don't want anyones money for moneys sake and would much rather people write indepth material, record audio, their own video, etc. and share it with the world if they feel so inclined and I will happily pay the cost of keeping it archiived and available.

2. My video is boring. Sorry. :)

3. I respect all upright paths, practices and systems. I have publically questioned what one or two are leading people towards, and how they interface with the public. In general, my feelings about that are the same now as before.

To wrap this longwinded thing up - I would be MORE than happy to put up material outside of the bounds of QuanZhen/Zhengyi on the site. I have openly and publically said that I would like audio and video material from everyone from Max Christensen, to Li Jiong, to other individuals understandings of existing material, etc.

What I want is for people to be able to access as much information as possible to make the most informed decisions possible about what seem to be very important issues.

Take Care,

Jonathan

Well, it is free. I only asked some people to help me with the costs of maintaining the site. People help me with using bandwidth. And I'm happy to give it and whatever else is on the site away for free. But - what I would like to do is keep advertisements off of the site.

Believe me - I could drive the traffic that I get (and its not a small amount) into an offer where I get at least a 50% comission on a high ticket item, offer to remotely activate peoples dormant DNA or whatever these people are obviously making money on because they are consistently advertising - and get paid.

And yeah, it's just theory. I personally believe that nobody has put that amount of material into a video format for sale or for free, and I personally believe it covers most of the important issues in cultivation.

So, sorry you didn't like it.

While I don't claim that the ideas are original or that they're mine (they're QuanZhen material, nearly verbatim in English with illustrative slides) - I spent a good many hours putting 2 hours of video together.

Maybe I made it sound like it would be better than it is, or maybe I think it's something better than other people do. As a caveat, there's no bullet time, no qi ball projection, and no buy here, become a tao, even if it's 3am pitch.

It just is what it is. :) a 2 hour seminar of Quanzhen teachings on the process of cultivation with illustrative slides.

I don't understand why you want to get so personal about it, though. I do have a job. :) I just don't make much money, and I spend my money on other things (and I can spend the $30 a month I pay for hosting on things that help me, rather than trying to do things to benefit other people - believe me that wouldn't be a problem.

You watched it for free.

When it goes up anyone else who wants to will be able to watch it for free.

Posting emails in a public forum is also not such great form, I think but I don't care. Somebody else might.

Anyway sorry you felt disappointed.

I welcome and encourage you to show me how it should be done. :)

J

What you are promoting is exactly what Song Yong Dao on this forum suggested and then was it Mythmaker who started a forum on the idea...I can't find the forum now. Searched at least 7 pages, but not there.

Non-commercial, straight to the point, and that is what will have students calling for more.

Peace,

Lin

Hi Lyn,

I have read those other threads and I also obviously agree that it's a great idea.

What I'm trying to do is just actualize it.

This is one of my few strengths. I can plow through work, and stick to my mantra of "First thing's first, second thing's never".

I've put up lots of text. There's probably more than 20 hours of audio. Just finished the boring 2 hour video. :)

At the moment I am co-authoring a book on the History of Taoism and Wudang which people will get at the upcoming World Wushu Festival, and so long as the 2 other people involved agree, I will put that up for free on the site as well.

I just wish people would take action.

I'm trying to, and am able to get a bit done day by day in spite of myself and my own incompetence (and I don't say that as a joke. I study cultivation and martial arts because I'm absolutely unfit to do much of anything else).

Everything that I've put together so far I am willing to donate to a third party site if people are doing proportional amounts of work, or at least there's some forward momentum.

I don't want to be "the guy", and I don't want to do this or that. I just want the resource to exist and I want there to be some infra-structure that exists for western people who aspire to cultivate Taoism (or become Buddhas or Saints or non-distinct cosmic energy or whatever).

Hi Lyn,

I have read those other threads and I also obviously agree that it's a great idea.

What I'm trying to do is just actualize it.

This is one of my few strengths. I can plow through work, and stick to my mantra of "First thing's first, second thing's never".

I've put up lots of text. There's probably more than 20 hours of audio. Just finished the boring 2 hour video. :)

At the moment I am co-authoring a book on the History of Taoism and Wudang which people will get at the upcoming World Wushu Festival, and so long as the 2 other people involved agree, I will put that up for free on the site as well.

I just wish people would take action.

I'm trying to, and am able to get a bit done day by day in spite of myself and my own incompetence (and I don't say that as a joke. I study cultivation and martial arts because I'm absolutely unfit to do much of anything else).

Everything that I've put together so far I am willing to donate to a third party site if people are doing proportional amounts of work, or at least there's some forward momentum.

I don't want to be "the guy", and I don't want to do this or that. I just want the resource to exist and I want there to be some infra-structure that exists for western people who aspire to cultivate Taoism (or become Buddhas or Saints or non-distinct cosmic energy or whatever).

I agree with you, and really was complementing you on the effort, as well as saying to the forum that what you are doing, have done, is what some want to actualize in as an in-person lecture.

I think its a great idea!

Peace,

Lin

Well, it's up now on the site (as of 2 minutes ago), minus the introductory stuff I am going to do.

Prepared to be put to sleep. :)

Jonathan,

1. What I value isn't necessarily the same as what others will value (I wish someone - anyone - would put up 2 hours worth of seminar material and talk about how to transcend the state of being human, in a way that is holistic, deals with a bigger picture view of things, etc. and not include a sales pitch to "find out the rest that you can't do this without". . . )

It's a good topic, but I didn't see any practicality in the video. That was the biggest thing...because it's one thing to speak about this stuff but another thing entirely to put it into practice. You spoke about it clearly enough in terms of the concepts, and I guess that was all this video was supposed to be about...but then I'm left wondering: how does it work? How does one do this?

I have my own ideas...but I was interested in what the QuanZhen school said. Still am.

Or perhaps I missed it somewhere in the video...I wasn't able to watch the whole thing because I have a lot of homework (in college). If it's in there, what part should I fast forward to?

Jonathan,

It's a good topic, but I didn't see any practicality in the video. That was the biggest thing...because it's one thing to speak about this stuff but another thing entirely to put it into practice. You spoke about it clearly enough in terms of the concepts, and I guess that was all this video was supposed to be about...but then I'm left wondering: how does it work? How does one do this?

I have my own ideas...but I was interested in what the QuanZhen school said. Still am.

Or perhaps I missed it somewhere in the video...I wasn't able to watch the whole thing because I have a lot of homework (in college). If it's in there, what part should I fast forward to?

Hey Scott,

It's pretty late at night (about 3:30 in the morning) here, and I'm going to get some sleep, but I plan on trying to post some of they key concepts, and I can post them here.

I also understand what you're saying about wanting a concrete sort of example. I always feel the same way.

My understanding is that it's not something that's exactly procedural, or based on technique. That's not to say that there aren't techniques which don't help you get there, but that in the final analysis it's more internal than even most internal "practices". Again - the skills that lead you out of Egypt aren't the skills that get you to the promised land.

I think that it's first important to understand life - and you can do this through many types of practices and they probably don't even have to be traditional "taoist" practices.

Then, once you're able to perceive more subtle things, probably you want to eliminate desire and attachment to phenominological arisings.

Maybe something like:

1. Establish inner discipline

2. Push away external things

3. Being Yang and diligent when the unconditioned energy isn't sufficient

4. Being Yin when mundane or conditioned energy arises

Stripping away conditioning, eliminating anger, lust, self interest, etc. I think that's the foundation.

Extracting the primordial 5 elements from within the conditioned 5 elements . . .

Creating the "space" where there's no distinction and spirit and energy sort of congeal, and this is the basis of the immortal infant.

I think that - I mean I am not developed (or regressed) enough to explain very abstract things clearly and I don't want to say specifically how I understand this stuff at my own level because your level may be higher or lower, but they can be perceived and someone who has some attainment can probably at least push you into a state where it's apparent. (this is what I think about guanding in Taoism and what I meant to say before - That someone can push you into a state but you have to get to a level yourself).

The first time I was able to somewhat understand the stuff I was just blown away. I think the thing that blew me away was that the absolute obviousness and simplicity of alot of it.

Here I was . . . You know - Trying to get these abilities and measuring myself against people who could do this or that and pursuing the absolute wrong things all along because I didn't want to face the truth - that the truth is pretty simple, but it's extremely not easy.

What I wanted to do was go on being me (I could tell stories about that "me" which would be universally denounced as fiction), but like me 2.0.

And I am not even close yet. I still have alot of work to do, and wouldn't presume to tell someone else "how" to do it.

I do know that since the time that I have memory I've always felt homesick for a place that I had never been in a very real and painful way.

My belief is that I can't get back to it through this or that technique, visualization, martial art ability, intellectual knowledge, etc. Although I do some of those things because I still have a human life, but they are not the point of my life, for sure.

For me, there's an active side that I need to be engaged in, of eliminating constraints. Look at a Buddha, or a Tao, or a God and see what traits I possess which they don't. Struggle with every moment of my time to eliminate those (not saying I do this well).

Then there's the more Yin aspect, of allowing myself to be myself (rather than my self image).

I would like to tell you I have the answer, it's a 29 day program and give me your credit card number now, but . . . I just know what's working for me.

I'll put up most of the QuanZhen teachings in text format at some point, sooner or later and maybe you will like to read them. . .

Actually most of what I have been taught in person is from ZhengYi but I find that I am a bit more congruent with the QZ stuff for some reason.