Dave .

Bliss, how does it feel?

It has probably been covered before, but a question for all you Kunlun practitioners out there, how does this "bliss" feel? Is it a physical, emotional, etc kind of bliss? Or? Is it easy to activate? (right word?) Anything at all concerning it would be helpful.

Just so I know if I'm on the right track or not.

Thanks,

Dave

Guest artform

It has probably been covered before, but a question for all you Kunlun practitioners out there, how does this "bliss" feel? Is it a physical, emotional, etc kind of bliss? Or? Is it easy to activate? (right word?) Anything at all concerning it would be helpful.

Just so I know if I'm on the right track or not.

Thanks,

Dave

While I agree with Scotty to a degree, there seems to be some common ground on the bliss experience(s) within particular practices.

I got here (TTB) as a 60+ year old man happily married for almost 40 years, through my wife and I pursuing mutual prostate (G-spot) massage focused orgasmic adventures, and therefore via Aneros prostate massage (as well as manual) and Key Sound multiple orgasm techniques (Jack Johnston www.multiples.com ). Bliss is a frequent state reported with similar descriptions in these practices in their respective Forums, and I/we get there frequently too.

In Aneros, there is a category: "Calm Seas Orgasms" where the body is still, not in any spasming and the sensation is peace, floating, gentle, light, radiance, no narrative, timelessness, unity-universal. There are similar reports at KSMO. My blog here has some descriptions at: http://www.thetaobums.com/blog/artform/index.php?

Activation is also practice specific, and ultimately person specific. With both aneros and KSMO, one experiences spontaneous day-after-effects of various levels of orgasmic energies. With both practices, one learns to separate the ejaculation response from the orgasm response and one becomes "rewired" to be able to trigger dry orgasmic energies without ejaculation, at will. With aneros one also can train the individual muscles in the lower abdominal area and their nerve systems and responses, as muscle memory, as a triggering method, just as the Key Sound becomes a triggering and amplifying technique in calling up and controlling these orgasmic energies, whatever their names in whatever other discipline. Hope this is helpful Dave .

all the best

artform

I have not formally practiced Kunlun but do have a copy of the book. I have practiced the exercise a handful of times and have felt the same qi as in other meditation practices but not as an intense degree (I'm assuming this is because I have not practiced Kunlun formally).

That said, what does 'bliss' feel like? The best way is to find out for yourself. There are MANY techniques available for free - try youTube and Google. Personally, I've practiced yoga meditations seriously for a relatively short time (~8 months) but in the last recent weeks I have experienced more intense feelings you could call 'bliss'.

During meditation, there are points were I feel a surge in my being. I say being because it is beyond the boundary of body. This surge has felt very powerful at times almost like being struck by lightning or an explosion. It usually lasts only a few seconds at that magnitude for me but it is my belief that this is 'bliss'.

From an emotional standpoint, the best way I know how to describe the feeling is that of the utmost peace. The strongest feeling of peace and beauty I have ever experienced. It's a very intense "everything is wonderful, life is beautiful, I am so fortunate, etc." all in one feeling.

That is just my personal account. I could be completely off track so my best advice is to work on it yourself and experience for yourself. One word of advice, which ever practice you choose, stick with it. These methods tae time and even if you don't feel like something is happening or changing in you, over time I predict you will see results.

If you are interested in the specific methods I use feel free to ask and I'll share.

Had a nice bliss sensation once that was esp memorable. Like being with a band of heroes and the feeling was like how you would miss not being with them in a cool comrade way. The other methaphor or whatever could be like a beautiful lady kissing a shower screen through a hot misty bathroom screen. Crazy, but it was lovely. ;)

Guest artform
Edited by artform

As diverse as the colours may be, a rainbow is still common ground.

Scotty, do you believe that nobody else experiences bliss the way you do?

No not necessarily. But I think there are different kinds of bliss, each with its own level. So yeah, a rainbow! :lol: Then you take different people who describe things in very different ways...and it can get rather confusing.

But of course there is some common ground beneath all of that.

do you believe that nobody else experiences bliss the way you do?

No, but people will describe it differently. The Tao that can be named is not .... etc :D

Lets make it even more fun by trying to quantify Bliss (5 levels IIRC ?) my "blissfulness" is rather low level so I'll give it a 0.5 probably due to book rather than seminar and not enough daily practice. But it is a stronger feeling happening quicker than I have experienced from other practices.

There can be a long long long lasting smile and profound sense of stillness. The rightness of things sings out.

That one resonates with me. The stillness, even when moving, the feeling of "rightness" Very much like Tai Chi, but it was ~4 years before Tai Chi felt like that for me.

So for me not like "that is great, wow, MORE, OMG, YES"

more like "Ahhh..." (a soft sigh not Argh!)

YMMV ;)

Guest artform

good

Thanks rain.

may you always have your bliss memories' energy available somewhere in the wanderer's kitbag to call up, connect, and be at peace

artform

Edited by artform

I have had a couple of very, very mild mild experiences of what I think bliss is at it`s most preliminary levels. This summer experiencing with the I AM mantra from AYP I had tingling feelings in my root chakra slowly flowing up my body all over but a little more in the spine. The last two days doing Vipassana I have had a slightly different version. I focus on the breath in my nostrils. When my concentration reached a certain point I felt like my conciousness fell downwords extreemly quickly making me a lot more relaxed and concentratied in a milisecond(the sound whooom seems to always come up as an asociation when this happens). At the same time streams of energy started coming up from my root chakra all the way up towards the head. They were spiraling streams and they were in the middle of my body not in the spine. They were also fairly brodaly distrubuted so it did not feel like it was concentrated to a certain energy channel but traveled broadly in mye body. The associated colour was somewhere between white and silver but not quite any of them. At the same time the rest of my internal vision became much darker when I felt my conciousness drop.This felt like bliss, very pleasurable but not all that strong. It was closely related to my experience of having valey like orgasms especialy from prostate stimulation. I think this was an extreemly mild version of what many others experience. I am very much a beginner in meditation although my yoga has been steady much longer.

I meet a budhist monk once who had reached Samadhi and then lost it again. Pure bliss was one of his descriptions. However I don`t think he felt it like streaming or tingling or orgasmic but like it was totaly and stably present in every cell in his body all the time in addition to the same being case for total relaxation and tranquility, total awareness, total fluidity of conciousness (he said in Samadhi your mind can go anywhere instantainiously), total compassion, total love for all and total connection to everything, complete timelessness.

If you go to aypsite.org you will find lots of descriptions of how bliss feels to people. The AYP practices are very quick and very strong on producing bliss.

I am curiouss to now what people know about Vipassana and bliss. My impression originaly was that it came much later than with many other styles of meditation but my teacher said he experienced it very quickly with Vipassana and I am surprised that I had my little taste so sonn and at such a low level of concentration.