Sign in to follow this  
markern

Simple breathing excercises

I need some quite basic breathing excersizes to get a free, even and deep breath. I am thinking of doing full yogic breath and sanbag breathing but I feel like I could benefit from breathing according to some sort of count rythm. Does anyone have suggestions for that. Some sort of count to make me breathe slow and good?

I know of 2 basic but powerful breathing exercises.

1. Pranic Breathing

Inhale for six counts, hold your breath for 3 counts, exhale for six counts. This is one cycle. Do twenty cycles for one set. Do one set in the morning, one set during noon, one set during afternoon. I don't recommend doing this before sleeping because it packs a lot of energy in your body and you might have trouble sleeping.

2. Master Breathing Technique

This technique can be found in Kosher Yoga. Inhale for seven counts, hold your breath for one count, exhale for seven counts. This is one cycle. Do twenty cycles for one set. Do one set in the morning, noon, and afternoon; not before sleeping.

Personally I use the Pranic Breathing 6-3-6-3 technique.

Thanks for the reply :)

Those sounds good. The first one is inhale for six hold for three exhale for six and then hold for three before inhaling again for six right? Just checking to make sure I got it right.

Does Kosher yoga have anything to do with Judaism by the way or is it just an accidentaly funny name??

Thanks for the reply :)

Those sounds good. The first one is inhale for six hold for three exhale for six and then hold for three before inhaling again for six right? Just checking to make sure I got it right.

Does Kosher yoga have anything to do with Judaism by the way or is it just an accidentaly funny name??

1. Yes you got it right. Inhale for 6 counts, hold for 3, exhale for 6, hold for 3 before inhaling again for six.

2. Kosher Yoga is connected to Judaism. There is a book about it titled "Kosher Yoga" by Albert L Schutz and Hilda W. de Schaps.

Sign in to follow this