Sign in to follow this  
atena

'Whatever you do, DONT LAUGH!' :D

Hi, I've been practicing three circle qigong, a standing practice for about two weeks.

I've learned to release some unnecessary thoughts and tension. Now the problem is that I find some situations a bit difficult, because sociality with its tensions and rules seem so funny!

Some situations can scream, 'whatever you do, DONT LAUGH' :D

On the other hand, it can be uncomfortable. Some might think I'm was amused by them, even if I wasn't.

I have had this problem only with strangers.

What do you think of these kind of situations?

any tips how to manage with this?

your views are very welcome

Anyway, standing chi kung rox!

Ps. I love this forum. This is so unique in many ways. Thank you Sean, and everyone here for keeping this place alive :)

Edited by atena

At first glance, acupressure at p-7 seems to even things nicely. Keep your posts coming :)

Edited by atena

I love laughing/almost laughing when I'm not supposed to. Makes me feel like a kid again. Reminds me of laughing in the grade school library. We wouldn't find our jokes nearly so funny if there wasn't a noise prohibition and a librarian around to enforce the rules.

Another time came up where I was in high school and I went to my maternal grandfather's funeral... fortunately, I kept a lid on it but I thought the whole serious tone was off the chain funny, but only Grandpa and I could appreciate it.

Your pal,

Yoda

I don't have any suggestions as to how to deal with this, (high quality problems, eh? :P ) but I do have a story:

It was my grandma's funeral. The ceremony was about to come to a close. You know those shelfs they slide caskets in to be sealed off from the world forever? This is where my grandma's body was going. The music ceased and they were preparing to stick her casket in a the droor thing to be sealed in with a 2' X 2' tile. Sure, we were all sad, but this cleared that up for a good 15 mins...

So the "tile man" pulled out a caulking gun to start sealing up the tile. My brother, mom and I looked at each other funny as this guy and his assistant started to work on the tile... like a construction project. Funerals... are supposed to be classy and polished you know?

After they were done with the caulking, they pulled out DUCT TAPE.... "RIIIIIIIIP" was what we heard as everyone was trying to grieve. :lol: " I, after battling my laughter, I look to my right where my mom and bro are sitting and I noticed my mom's head was buried in my brother's chest and she was SHAKING... lots of emotion coming out of her. My heart sank and I was concerned! It was when I made eye contact with my brother and he gave me a smirk that I leaned in closer to my mom. She was trying to pass it off as crying, but was almost suffocating from laughter about the duct tape thing as well. I about shit in my chair... :lol:

We got DIIIIRRRRRRTY looks. :D

One of my best memories. :)

Edited by ddilulo_06

I love stories like that. I'm a chronic laugher, able to see the humor in things where others don't.

I often break out in laughter while alone in public, about something that happened years ago, or from a wacky thought. :lol:

My friends have come to expect it. They just kinda stand back and say,"there he goes!".

My whole family is the same, but I think I have the biggest "problem" with untimely laughter.

Recently, my girlfriend had vertigo, but she was convinced it was a brain tumor. Every time she mentioned it I started howling! To the point where I was on my knees slapping the ground. Her seriousness just struck me in such a funny way I couldn't hold back!

Laughter is beautiful but there are occasional times when it can be hurtful as well. When those times occur, I try to be mindful of how others may be affected by my actions, even if I would think that I would be affected differently. After all, it's not for me to decide how another should feel in response to a given situation.

Recently, my girlfriend had vertigo, but she was convinced it was a brain tumor. Every time she mentioned it I started howling! To the point where I was on my knees slapping the ground. Her seriousness just struck me in such a funny way I couldn't hold back!

:lol:

10 years of marriage have weeded out this particular strain of humor here in Degoba. :lol:

A similar story when I was an altar boy as a kid.

I was serving a wedding. The bride was chunky, and looked like miss piggy. Well she started whimpering, sniffling, then full blown sobbing. It was so Muppet like, I could not help but to laugh. I suppressed it for a bit, clenching my lips together. When I turned to get the water and wine, I let it loose, hoping to let it out and return with a straight face. But when I returned her nose was beet red, her cheeks drenched with tears, and howling WEEBBEE!, WHO HOO HOO HOO!! sniff sniff WAHAAA!! I could not hold back any longer and burst into a laughter fit that could not be controlled!

Needless to say, I did not get a tip from the groom

Edited by Bum Grasshopper

Sign in to follow this