Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

cool Winn quote

A recent Winn quote that I've really enjoyed.-Y

The movement forms are either designed to open a channel without using head "visualizations" or to prevent stagnant jing which eventually happens from sitting too much. They are not designed to replace sitting medition, but to balance it. Its ultimately the balance between post natal and pre natal chi.

I cannot tell you how many zen practitioners I have treated with qigong therapy for various types of stagnant chi resulting from fixed body positions leading to fixed energetic patterns and sometimes disease. The diseases have gone away when they began doing movement and foxusing on chi flow. The reality is in the physical plane, there is a tendency for any high energy frequency to drop to a lower orbit. That is why physical plane needs fire chi in the form of the sun and human heart fire to keep it going.

That is also why Taoists switch positions from sitting, standing, moving, and lying. When you master all four you are cultivating 24/7. My favorite thing is to sit for six hours and go really deep. But it only happens because I've done plenty of movement. The jing level holds that memory even while sitting in meditation.

Thats a very cool quote. I must say, however, that sitting for 6 hours is very impossible unless you have done like many many hours of movement, and for it to be quality movement you might have to rest a lot in between the movements...intense

Sign in to follow this