Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Ape

Embryonic Breathing - Dr Yang Jwing Ming or anyone else

Hi Spirit Ape. :)

Ken Cohen is the one for breathing methods. He is accurate.

Embryonic breathing connects you to the primordial. It will lead to blissful stillness.

It is a wonderful practice and you will find that you can slow your breath down, habitually.

Become like Turtle!

Good luck with it, it really is a good thing to do for yourself and your practice. really important, I think.

Yang's book is awesome, many excellent points and techniques in there for breathing in general, not just embryonic stuff. I'd definitely recommend it.

The top and bottom of the breathing cycle should be expanded through long breathing practices.

isn`t it necessary to learn things like that with an experienced teacher?

i write this, because i know from my own experience that breathing exercises can have a very strong effect -and not always a positive effect even if you pratise in the right way (which may be difficult without a teacher).

Hi,

Embryonic breathing is actually really simple and straight forward. The book looks daunting as its so big but that is because it holds a lot of ancient translations for method. Get the additional DVD and it makes it a lot easier to understand.

http://www.chineseswordsocietyuk.com/forums/

I have a private page on this practice alone. Once you sign up I will get you or anyone else in if they are interested in practicing.

A teacher is useful in situations where thinking gets in the way of progress. A good teacher can tell when your thinking or when your doing the work. ie 'mental talk' or 'body talk'.

Hi,

Embryonic breathing is actually really simple and straight forward. The book looks daunting as its so big but that is because it holds a lot of ancient translations for method. Get the additional DVD and it makes it a lot easier to understand.

Can someone provide a link to this additional DVD?

Sign in to follow this