Yoda

vasectomy

I know nobody would be interested in actually getting a vasectomy, but I wonder if there are studies that link vasectomies with longevity. I'd think that the sperm retention would count for something.

-Yoda

Don't know of any studies, but I thought in a vacectomy the balls tended to atrophy and you stopped making sperm (yeah, sometimes they can reverse the procedure and you can start up again, but not always).

So I think this is kind of antithetical to taoist practices, which wants you to KEEP PRODUCING SPERM (with all the associated homonal stuff) but channel some of that energy into spiritual/energetic development.

I know nobody would be interested in actually getting a vasectomy, but I wonder if there are studies that link vasectomies with longevity.  I'd think that the sperm retention would count for something.

-Yoda

5674[/snapback]

Yoda,

I got a Vasectomy this past January. Sperm production is said to continue as normal. From an energy perspective ones body would not need to expend energy to replace sperm ejaculated.

Yes, in the 1800s the procedure was done to old men and was thought to extend their life. I don't have any studies to site, read it somewhere. I also took a look at the energy levels of the guys I knew who had vasectomies, cultivators and non cultivators and it appeared to me that the non-cultivators where very high energy healthy people who seemed to be able to have high tolerance to stress and where just compassionate men.

Back to the energy... your body does not need to use energy to replace sperm ejaculated with a vasectomy. Remember though that this does not mean one will not lose vital energy from the body that goes out going "all the way".

To me (I reiterate, for me), plain girls advice, some retention (3 finger w/ big draw) is most balanced.

Check out page 193, chapter 12 of Taoist Secrects of Love as it talks about vasectomy and healing love.

The only thing I notice is that my balls seem different, perhaps smaller and sorta firmer or something. Everything else is the same and I really think it is a good thing to do in the right situation, for example, versus a seperate operation for your female partner for birth control. I would definitely do it all over again.

Matt

The only thing I notice is that my balls seem different, perhaps smaller and sorta firmer or something.

5702[/snapback]

THEY BE SHRINKIN!!! THEY BE SHRINKIN!!!

I TOLD YA NOT TO LET EM TIE UP YER HUEVOS!!!

WHAT YA DONT USE YA LOSE. DA TRICK IN ALCHEMMY BE TO KEEP

PRODDUCIN HORMONS *WITHOUT* USIN EM UP SO AS

TO FIRST ACUMMULATE EM N THEN TRANSFORM EM.

JUST GO BACK TO DA DOC, TELL HIM HE BETER REVVERSE DA VAS OR ELSE YALL KIKE HIM ARSE, THEN GO BANG YER WIFE IN DA ARSE-HOWL FOR BITRH CUM-TROL PURPOSSES!!! WOMMEN LOVE IT IN DA ARSE-HOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RJ

Hey Matt,

I just read Taoist Secret and it seem kind of ambivalent. I mean I still think, on the whole, they're sayin keep your tubes intact.

But I'm not criticizing you at all. There's lots of paths. And you seem to have it together.

But I would like to hear more about why you did it, what (if anything) you feel -- on a physical, emotional, energetic, life, level. I've considered it myself and am wondering.

Thanks

PURPOSSES!!! WOMMEN LOVE IT IN DA ARSE-HOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RJ

5704[/snapback]

Yeah and get incontinent later... sorry man. NOT the way to go...

Yeah and get incontinent later... sorry man. NOT the way to go...

5709[/snapback]

HEY WHAT BE YA TALKIN ABOUT?

ARE YA A WOMAN??

IF SO, I CAN SHOW YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(IF YA BE *NOT* A WOMAN, TRY SHIEKKY FOR THAT).

BYE

RJ

I forgot, it's not just the swimmers but it's the aura sperminals (or whatever Paracelcius called it) so a vasectomy wouldn't be a 100% solution for sperm retention. Interesting issue. -Y

THEY BE SHRINKIN!!! THEY BE SHRINKIN!!!

I TOLD YA NOT TO LET EM TIE UP YER HUEVOS!!!

WHAT YA DONT USE YA LOSE. DA TRICK IN ALCHEMMY BE TO KEEP

PRODDUCIN HORMONS *WITHOUT* USIN EM UP SO AS

TO FIRST ACUMMULATE EM N THEN TRANSFORM EM.

JUST GO BACK TO DA DOC, TELL HIM HE BETER REVVERSE DA VAS OR ELSE YALL KIKE HIM ARSE, THEN GO BANG YER WIFE IN DA ARSE-HOWL FOR BITRH CUM-TROL PURPOSSES!!! WOMMEN LOVE IT IN DA ARSE-HOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RJ

5704[/snapback]

RJ,

Testosterone is still produced. It is just the path out of the body that is interrupted. Interesting though that one of the desirable spiritual aspects of taking Reishi by the Taoists was in effect to reduce testosterone production.

Anyway, hope your running is going well?!?!

Matt

Hey Matt,

I just read Taoist Secret and it seem kind of ambivalent.  I mean I still think, on the whole, they're sayin keep your tubes intact.

But I'm not criticizing you at all.  There's lots of paths.  And you seem to have it together. 

But I would like to hear more about why you did it, what (if anything) you feel -- on a physical, emotional, energetic, life, level.  I've considered it myself and am wondering.

Thanks

5708[/snapback]

Spyrelx,

Yea, I used to think the same thing and then I read it again, and again, before I had it done. To me it is saying that vasectomy covers the replentishment issue but one should still steam up / or big draw the energy and retain the other fluids that are rich in vital nutrients if you are doing the HT system. (note: there are many different perspectives on this, this is just the HT approach)

The bottom line clencher for me was that a Taoist practitioner that I respect who is Kundalini awakened and been through the Void, who had a vasectomy decades before he ever awakened. It simply is not an issue to cultivation. Remember that you are awakening to a deeper level of your being to merge with the all pervading universal spirit that is unlimited. This is beyond feeling and directing chi. It is beyond jing, chi, shen transformation. This is the mother of the three treasures and whether or not you have a vasectomy, or a body, it is still there. Cultivating jing chi shen is a method to reach the primordial. Like you say, there are so many methods. But understand that I used the HT methods to prepare me for the final stage which came to me by grace and has also come to others I know who are not involved in HT practice. I just read of another persons experience that was exactly the same as mine the other day.

Actually, it is sorta funny becuase the HT system is multiple systems / techniques put together by Master Chia. The sexual practice was not taught to him by One Cloud - he actually learned that later I understand. One Cloud taught him the Alchemy formulas and wrote them down on a piece of paper or knapkin or something like that. Acutally, Chia never learned the final two formulas from One Cloud, he just gave him a very brief written description of some sort. He also presumed that one would have their sexual expenditures "under control" before practicing these formulas. What is funny to me is that the HT sexual practice, which is very Tantric, is actually a path on it's own. So while practices like Iron Shirt are definitely helpful, they are not part of One Cloud's formulas. And like Winn says, the last is spontaneous if it happens - this is what I call grace if it does. It can also be transmitted from one who has reached it, but this is not guaranteed either. Sorry, I went off on a tangent :)

I had a vasectomy becuase it made sense for me and my wife. I have three wonderful kids and do not wish to father any more (got my hands full). I had heard about the health benefits and that was part of it as well as not having to worry about contraceptives any more. Especially as the pill is not a good long term strategy and condoms suck after a while.

Matt

RJ,

Testosterone is still produced.  It is just the path out of the body that is interrupted.  Interesting though that one of the desirable spiritual aspects of taking Reishi by the Taoists was in effect to reduce testosterone production.

Anyway, hope your running is going well?!?!

Matt

5721[/snapback]

LOOK, DA JUICE MUST GO SUMWHERE, IN FACT, IT BE WELL-KNOWN THAT DA HUEVOS CAN PRUDUCE BUT *NOT* STORE LARGE AMMOUNTS O CHING.

SO IF THEY CANOT STORE IT, YA NEED TO HAVE OPEN CHANELS WHEREBY DA HUEVOS CHING CAN CIRCULLATE IN ORDER TO BE STORED ELSE-WHERE.

NOW NOW, YA MAY ASK, WHERE???

WELL, FIRST IN DA BRAIN, SECCUNDLY IN DA BONE-MAROW, THIRDLY IN A CHI PATROL THAT CUIRCULLATES THRU DA ORDINANRY N EXTRA-ORDINNARY CHANELS.

BUT IF DA PATHWAY OUTTA DA HUEVOS BE BLOKED, THEN DA HUEVOS SINCE THEY CANOT STORE TOOMUCH CHING, WILL BE FORCED TO STOP PRODDUCIN IT.

AS FOR DA TAOISTS' STOPIN TESTOSTERONE PRODUCTION, POOR ME BELLIEVE THAT BE INCORECT. LEMME SHOW YA WHY. WHEN YA SAY TESTOSTERONE, YA USUALY THINK ABOUT DA *EFECTS* O TESTOSTERONE SUCH AS RESTLES-NES, AGRESIVE-NES, N *DA-LIKE*. HOW-EVER, ONCE YA *TRANSFORM* DA TESTOSTERONE, YA AT DA SAME TIME TRANSFORM THOSE FEATTURES OR EFECTS INTO OTHER FEATTURES SUCH AS, LUCID DREAMIN, SPIRRITUAL WILL POWER, ECT.

BUT THAT DONT MEAN YA STOPED PRUDICIN TESTOSTERONE, THAT RATHER MEAN YA *TRANFORMED* IT, SO YA ALSO TRANFORMED DA VISIBLE EFECTS O TESTOSTERONE. DA KEY BE TRANSFORMATION, THAT BE, REAL TRUE ALCHEMMY. IN FACT, UNLESS ONE TRANS-FORM IT, PLAIN RETTENTION WILL ACHIEVE SIMMILAR EFECTS O LOWERED PRODUCTION SINCE DA HUEVOS SENSE DA TESTOSTERONE LEVEN IN DA BLOOD N STOP WORKIN AS-WELL.

SO TRANS-FORMATION BE DA KEY-WORD, WHICH IN DA TAO SCHOOL BE ACCHIEVED THRU DA CIRCULLATION THRU DA BRAIN. DA BRAIN TURNS DA BLIND CHING INTO INTELECYTUAL LIGHT, THERREAFTER ONE CIRCULLATE DA LIGHT RATHER THAN DA BLIND CHING.

SO DA FORMULA BE:

RETTENTION + CIRCULLATION + BANG YER WIFE IN DA BUNGAHOWL = MAXIMUM RESSULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANOTHER IMPORTANT POINT WHICH BE ALL-THOUG-OFTEN OVVER-LOOOKED BE, IN OUR ALCHEMMICAL SCHOOL WE USE NOT SPERM BUT SEMEN, WHICH BE TO SSAY, SPREM + SEMINAL FLUID FROM DA PROSTETE GLAND.

NOW NOW, IN ORDER TO OBTAIN DA SEMEN, YA NEED TO MIX DA SPERM FROM DA HUEVOS WITH DA SEMMIINAL FLUID FROM DA PROSTITE, IN ORDER TO GET DA SEMEN, WHICH THERRE FORE BE A MIX O WATER N FIRE SO-TO-SPEAK, OR MORE CORECTLY, MILK N WATTER,M DA MILK BEIN DA BULLS' MILK FROM DA HUEVOS, DA WATER BEIN FROM DA PROSTITE. BUE IF YA CUT OFF YER VAS DUCTS, YA WONT BE ABLE TO MIX DA INGREDDIENTS SO AYA WONT BE ABLE TO OPERATE THIS TYPE O ALCHEMMY BUT YALL HAVE TO USE A DIFERENT NON-SEXUAL APROACH.

RJ

BUT how can you assume all of this? when you burn shut the vas-tubes, yeah, the sperm can't go anywhere.. but if you DIDN'T burn the vas-tubes, it could still only go up to the prostate, and then out of your penis! (ie, this means I seriously doubt that closing the vas-tubes will make it harder to circulate sperm in the brain and bone-marrow.

In fact, I think that since there is not any kind of tube leading from the testicles to the brain, it is safe to say that it is not the sperm itself that is being circulated, but the subtle power on an astral level.

I don't understand why prostate fluid can be considered 'alchemically important'. Is it the fluid that is lost (sperm?? or spermANDprostate fluid???), or is it the act of the ejaculation itself??? BIG QUESTION!

I am standing on a fence-- on oneside, I believe that a vasectomy can prove to be as effective as the most sincerest of celibacies...

...and on the other side of the fence, I believe that it might be the act of the ejaculation itself, not necessary the fluids lost, that is the cause of energy drain.

then again I am not awakened, nor am I a researcher.

One ejaculation contains the same amount of proteins, vitamins, minerals and amino acids as eight ounces of steak, ten eggs, six oranges and two lemons.

---

this was pointed out by sean in a relating thread. I think this is incredibly interesting... do we know if it is the seminal fluid or the prostatic fluid that is so 'nutritous' (lol)? I would think it is the sperm-- the prostatic fluid merely acting as a lubricant.

I think we need to find a guy who can see on an astral level, and two guys, one with a vasectomy. have both these guys cum on paper white plates, and see what the aura-seer has to say about each specimen. =p

In fact, I think that since there is not any kind of tube leading from the testicles to the brain, it is safe to say that it is not the sperm itself that is being circulated, but the subtle power on an astral level.

That is the way I understand it. There are two energetic issues here. One with the energy loss during ejaculation and the other for the energy required to reproduce the lost sperm. Your post reminds me of an anatomical drawing by Leonardo da Vinci in the excellent book "Sex and Spirituality", pg 44. It depicts physical tubes from the penis into the spinal column. To me I take it as demonstrating esoteric knowledge especially since Leonardo knew from many dissections and observations that these tubes did not exist.

Matt

One ejaculation contains the same amount of proteins, vitamins, minerals and amino acids as eight ounces of steak, ten eggs, six oranges and two lemons.

---

this was pointed out by sean in a relating thread. I think this is incredibly interesting... do we know if it is the seminal fluid or the prostatic fluid that is so 'nutritous' (lol)? I would think it is the sperm-- the prostatic fluid merely acting as a lubricant.

http://www.abbys-sexual-health.com/fun/facts/sperm_facts.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semen#Composi..._of_human_semen

Hm, interesting. So, how useful would it be to eat it? :lol:

Also interesting from one of the links Harry gave:

Sperm lifespan: 2.5 months from development to ejaculation

What exactly does this mean? Do you have dead sperm in yourself after that time, if you do retention? If so, I think that ejaculating at least once every 2,5 months would be a good idea.

I see.

No one comented on what happens if you eat it? :lol:

Edited by Pero

Retention seems to be a big topic regally here. What are peoples thoughts on a cut and shut though? (well more like a burn and block these days...).

Retention is not just about losing energy. It is the demands placed on the body to replace the sperm. The purpose is to not have to be constantly diverting resources to making new sperm. It still has to be done, because sperm live 90 to 110 days and then they die. If you were to stop producing sperm due to a vasectomy the energy that would go into making sperm would be used for other things instead. The important thing is the hormone levels, and wouldn't a regular chi kung practice maintain the hormone levels?

FWIW, I had a vasectomy about a year and a half ago. My experience has been that, as far as I can tell, it has not affected my practice in any way. If anything, my practice is much stronger now than it was before the op, though that is probably simply due to more practice. I have also realised that occasional ejaculation makes no difference to my practice, whereas a couple of years ago it did make a difference. That could simply be more practice as well though.

Also, just to note that I also practice "testicular breathing" as part of my routine. I have found that it seems to help to prevent bad headaches that I used to get when sublimating too much.

:)

FWIW, I had a vasectomy about a year and a half ago. My experience has been that, as far as I can tell, it has not affected my practice in any way. If anything, my practice is much stronger now than it was before the op, though that is probably simply due to more practice. I have also realised that occasional ejaculation makes no difference to my practice, whereas a couple of years ago it did make a difference. That could simply be more practice as well though.

Also, just to note that I also practice "testicular breathing" as part of my routine. I have found that it seems to help to prevent bad headaches that I used to get when sublimating too much.

:)

That is quite interesting...

Retention is not just about losing energy. It is the demands placed on the body to replace the sperm. The purpose is to not have to be constantly diverting resources to making new sperm. It still has to be done, because sperm live 90 to 110 days and then they die. If you were to stop producing sperm due to a vasectomy the energy that would go into making sperm would be used for other things instead. The important thing is the hormone levels, and wouldn't a regular chi kung practice maintain the hormone levels?

You do not stop producing sperm after a vasectomy so the body still uses energy to create it. It gets transmuted and some believe is redirected up the spine. Once it nourishes the brain the pineal produces amrita etc...