宁

Dragon Body & Yang Shen - insights

Hi all,

I had something to say about this GDB and YS concept, but I think a new topic is appropriate.

As a disclaimer, I am not fammiliar by far with any classic text or classic and traditional teacher, and this is my sense of how things should be regarding GDB & related...

They don't just appear out of nothing.

You need a couple of forces interacting in order to plant a seed.

Then it's the cycle of growth that is encountered in nature, and in humans: embryo, fetus, and newborn.

When I watch how a newborn developes from day to day, from month to month, it becomes rather obvious to me that the same process should occur regarding the above mentioned concepts.

The helplessness and need for nurturing, protection and care that a child needs are, or can be, an important hint as to how things grow and develop...

There is a saying that if you don't understand something you should look in nature and see how things are done. You cannot go astray following nature, because it repeats the same patterns - which we call laws of existance.

However fair-player you'd want to be, you can't help making an opinion on things... which can be taken as a criticism. But here goes: I think that people that are fooled to do this or that thing mainly because they loose that connection with Nature.

Common sense is a big BS detector, but common sense is nurtured by a sense of closeness to Nature, that in the West, and not only, is kind of lost, kind of getting to "Nature is in the park, Nature is at the Zoo, Nature are the trees on the sidewalk"...

Well maybe that could do too. But not even that is properly "exploited" so to speak.

What do you think of this. Does it make sense to you.

L1

I don't understand. Not being critical, I really don't know what you're getting at just yet...care to explain in a different way?

here goes:

1. Common-sense is nurtured by close connection with Nature.

2. If we'd use our common-sense, things like spontaneous arrivals or transformation of GDB & YS would sound riddiculous to us, not because we have any clue about it, but in ourselves we feel it can't be that way.

3. Nature takes things gradually, and it's a great mirror to find out more about the unseen.

4. What if the GDB and YS develop as we do? In nature, the longer the lifespan of a creature, the longer it's formation period is... GDB and YS are supposed to be almost eternal...

Does it get any clearer.

L1

here goes:

1. Common-sense is nurtured by close connection with Nature.

2. If we'd use our common-sense, things like spontaneous arrivals or transformation of GDB & YS would sound riddiculous to us, not because we have any clue about it, but in ourselves we feel it can't be that way.

3. Nature takes things gradually, and it's a great mirror to find out more about the unseen.

4. What if the GDB and YS develop as we do? In nature, the longer the lifespan of a creature, the longer it's formation period is... GDB and YS are supposed to be almost eternal...

Does it get any clearer.

L1

The problem I see here and it particular amonst us westerns who feel somehow dissasociated from-"Nature" is we try and dictate the terms of how or what we believe nature to be or not to be.Case in point, you state "Nature takes things gradually."

Well there is nothing gradual about a bush fire it is intense,fast and devastatingly destructive.Nor is there anything gradual about a tidal wave,or a hurricane,or how quickly the grass grows at this time of year.

The issue with common sense is it is common.Anything or event that falls outside the parameters of the common becomes unacceptable.

I bet there is not a single person on this forum your good self included that hasn't had an uncommon occurence.

I agree with your premiss that we should take our ques from nature,but I believe we must always remain mindful of our unique personnel biasis when doing so.

YIN YANG Nice post seadog "Well there is nothing gradual about a bush fire it is intense,fast and devastatingly destructive.Nor is there anything gradual about a tidal wave,or a hurricane,or how quickly the grass grows at this time of year.

:)

The bushfire, and the hurricane, or tornado, or whatnot, all of them have preparing causes and circumstances that are developing over time... your picture is just too narrow.

:mellow:

I don't like to argue for the sake of arguing - that is, giving arguments to sustain what at least for me is plain and simple.

If you find yourself in any of the above, good, if you don't, good.

Just sharing some thoughts, that's all.

Hoping for simmilar thoughts, but if there are not, it's ok too

Hope you understand,

L1