Franklin

Anyone familiar with Ni Hua Ching's Teachings?

Is anyone here a student of Ni Hua Ching?

or follow his cultivation methods?

if you do which of his books would you recomend?

are there any that outline his cultivation method?

what is your daily practice like?

thanks

Franklin

are those the ones you would recommend from personal experience?

just asking because I know he has a ton of books... way more than those three...

i was just curious which ones people studying in his line would recommend to get the idea of his methods...

i have some experience with his qigong and also learned his 5 cloud meditation

(while attending TCM school some years ago)

but was curious what kind of daily practices he recommended for people that followed him for cultivation...

franklin

Edited by Franklin

Is anyone here a student of Ni Hua Ching?

or follow his cultivation methods?

if you do which of his books would you recomend?

are there any that outline his cultivation method?

what is your daily practice like?

thanks

Franklin

Hi Franklin, I have been a student of Ni Hua Ching for nearly 12 years, and, apart from my Taijiquan training, exclusively follow his cultivation methods. You can have a peek at my Cultivation Journal.

The three foundation books are:

~ The Gentle Path of Spiritual Progress

~ Harmony the Art of Life

~ Enrich Your Life With Virtue

You can also consider home-study correspondence courses through The College of Tao.

Thanks Stigweard

i ordered a couple of his books the other day and it just occurred to me i could ask here to see which ones are more representative of his teachings... the ones i ordered were- mystisism, inner view of the universe, and workbook for spiritual development

some of these i think i read before while i was attending TCM school-

also learned a bunch of his practices such as 8 treasures, dao yin, some meditation...

what kind of nei dan do you practice?

Franklin,

I just looked at your website, who did you learn Yang Shen and all the arts from that you are teaching?

Ape

the Yang Sheng (nourishing life) practices- not to be confused with Yang Shen (spiritual baby)

is my own understanding after years of study

i try to put qi gong practice into a larger perspective for my students

so instead of just practicing a qi gong set i would like them to investigate further

and understand the basic ideas of taoist health maintenance

and how we can live more in harmony with the cycles that are all around us (daily, yearly, etc)

mostly it is based on my study of taoist practice and TCM

and i give the student the choice of studying several different standing qi gong sets that i have learned

i find it is important that the student likes what they are practicing (that way they practice)

as there is no one qi gong set for everyone

i also introduce some seated practice

and other things i have learned on the way like Fang Song Gong, posture, breathing etc...

i am currently writing a book that will cover this stuff

(and also working on some other stuff as well :) )

as for the other things that i teach

if you go to this page of my website

http://www.internalkungfu.org/franklinfick.html

it outlines who i have trained with and what i learned from who

it also lists my teaching experience

if you have any further questions please ask and i will try to answer to the best of my ability

Franklin

Thanks Stigweard

i ordered a couple of his books the other day and it just occurred to me i could ask here to see which ones are more representative of his teachings... the ones i ordered were- mystisism, inner view of the universe, and workbook for spiritual development

some of these i think i read before while i was attending TCM school-

also learned a bunch of his practices such as 8 treasures, dao yin, some meditation...

what kind of nei dan do you practice?

After reviewing your website I think you chose well with the books you ordered. I still would recommend the books I mentioned to really get a sound foundation for everything Master Ni teaches.

I practice the Five Clouds Meditation which is combines micro-cosmic orbit, organ cleansing/attunement and Golden Light attunement. I also have learnt his 8 treasures and dao yin. His Workbook for Spiritual Development is truly a treasure.

I am an ardent practitioner of Fang Song Gong as well ... do you have any vids of your exercises?

Cheers and blessings,

Edited by Stigweard

i did read a bunch of his books while i was attending TCM school-

they had them all in the library.. it was his sons' school after all...

thanks for the recommendations...

i will probably check them out after i read the ones that i just ordered...

currently my personal practice is something different (Tao Dan Pai Nei Kung)

but every now and then i do the 5 cloud as i find it very relaxing...

i have never really worked with connecting with the planets while practicing it though

is that what you mean by the golden light attunement being part of it

and how does the micro cosmic orbit fit into it (i never learned that as part of it)

the main part that i learned was just the circulation through he 5 organs with the colors

i don't have any of the fang song gong on video yet

next week i am going to be working to make more DVDs...

take care

Franklin

i have never really worked with connecting with the planets while practicing it though

is that what you mean by the golden light attunement being part of it

and how does the micro cosmic orbit fit into it (i never learned that as part of it)

the main part that i learned was just the circulation through he 5 organs with the colors

The opening sequence sends your awareness through the major channels including arms and legs, followed by circulation through the 5 organs, then the energy of the five organs are brought together to concieve the golden light energy which is passed through the 3 Tan Tien and then through the whole body.

i don't have any of the fang song gong on video yet

next week i am going to be working to make more DVDs...

take care

Franklin

If you make any DVD's on song gong I will grab one straight off the press. Song gong is the foundation for the Taijiquan I teach and practice. I will see if I can get a vid together of my practice and share it with you.

Blessings,

He seems to have many books. I find it funny though. As I was going through reading the books

biography back cover and saw him, I found something quite funny. I thought all taoist masters grew

in NEW TEETH? Yet, in one of his pictures on the back cover, he has silver fillings or crowns when he was smiling. That I find extremely funny.

Lets just say I will buy his books last. :)

He seems to have many books. I find it funny though. As I was going through reading the books

biography back cover and saw him, I found something quite funny. I thought all taoist masters grew

in NEW TEETH? Yet, in one of his pictures on the back cover, he has silver fillings or crowns when he was smiling. That I find extremely funny.

Lets just say I will buy his books last. :)

In some circles commenting on someone else's teacher like this could be considered rude.

With respect,

No disrespect... Just telling the facts. If his new teeth have grown now, I'll

retrieve my comment.

In some circles commenting on someone else's teacher like this could be considered rude.

With respect,

Edited by dragonfire

I second that motion :D To have the Tao Teh Ching and the Hua Hu Ching in one book is valuable.

Count me in too. Very good.

I think Taoists have different abilities. I assume the Chinese who are old now did not have fluoride in their local water systems so their teeth would be bad. Of course, without fluoride their Pineal glands would most likely function much better than that of Westerners. I would love to see even one documented case of anyone growing a third set of teeth.

Apparently Master Ni is not one to attract attention to himself so most people have no idea what his true abilities really are. But some of his early students in California know quite well.

I am amazed at Master Ni's knowledge but I did not find his commentary on the Tao Te Ching as good as that from, I believe his name is Starr. I would read them one after another to compare. I was told that the reason Master Ni knew so many different forms that he could perform was because he has a photographic memory. So all of the forms that he learned are still in his memory bank. I was also told that he some valuable psychic powers that his sons did not inherit.

Strange comment about not reading his books because of his teeth.... His son said he was turning 99 this year and that he was still hiking one hour a day in Southern California daily, and this information is only a few months old. He also said he was blessed with good health in his advanced age. Personally, I'd place his books at the top of the reading list :) Amazing man and author.