Sign in to follow this  
Bum Grasshopper

Lok Hup Fa Ba Video?

There is plenty of DVD's but best that you learn from a teacher as there is plenty going on inside the movements most dont know about the 6 harmonies or the 8 methods. Also there is a wushu version and the old version so choose wisely!

I learnt LHBF years ago!

Ape

There is plenty of DVD's but best that you learn from a teacher as there is plenty going on inside the movements most dont know about the 6 harmonies or the 8 methods.

I would suggest looking for an acknowledged student of Grandmaster Wai-lun Choi. I do not believe he has any discipled students.

There is plenty of DVD's but best that you learn from a teacher as there is plenty going on inside the movements most dont know about the 6 harmonies or the 8 methods. Also there is a wushu version and the old version so choose wisely!

I learnt LHBF years ago!

Ape

I am currently learning from a Master Moy Lin- shin school. Problem is Lok Hup is only taught once a week. I would like a DVD as a study aid while practicing at home.

Any help is appreciated.

The problem is with LHBF is each teacher has a slightly different version so depending on what your version is the dvd may not be any help to you.

stay away from Helen Liangs water boxing dvd thats one advice i can give you! ;)

How long you been learning LHBF?

There are many better then Choi also i here he has retired!

He has retired. And I will take your opinion for what it is.

You do that we all have them!!! :rolleyes: Im not saying he is bad im saying that there is much better although he claims to be the lineage holder....

Edited by Spirit Ape

The problem is with LHBF is each teacher has a slightly different version so depending on what your version is the dvd may not be any help to you.

stay away from Helen Liangs water boxing dvd thats one advice i can give you! ;)

How long you been learning LHBF?

Just started a month ago. Good stuff. I don't want to practice at home in fear that I may be practicing wrong. Too bad Moy's schools, The International Tai Chi Association, does not sell DVD's.

Just started a month ago. Good stuff. I don't want to practice at home in fear that I may be practicing wrong. Too bad Moy's schools, The International Tai Chi Association, does not sell DVD's.

Hi Bum Grasshopper,

They have a couple of old videos outlining the taoist tai chi set, but not Lok Hup Ba Fa. I just don't think you can learn something so complex from a DVD. I am curious, how long have you been practicing taoist tai chi? LHBF was master Moy's main form. According to my instructor he believed our bodies needed a few years of taoist tai chi to change the muscles/tendons and open up the body before beginning LHBF. Have you learned both parts of LHBF? The second part is supposed to contain most of the energetic components. Is this your understanding as well?

Brgds!

Hi Bum Grasshopper,

They have a couple of old videos outlining the taoist tai chi set, but not Lok Hup Ba Fa. I just don't think you can learn something so complex from a DVD. I am curious, how long have you been practicing taoist tai chi? LHBF was master Moy's main form. According to my instructor he believed our bodies needed a few years of taoist tai chi to change the muscles/tendons and open up the body before beginning LHBF. Have you learned both parts of LHBF? The second part is supposed to contain most of the energetic components. Is this your understanding as well?

Brgds!

I have been doing a form of Tai Chi, Tai Chi Chih, for about 3 years. Moy's Tai Chi for 6 months. I just started LHFB.

Yes, I am told to do the first half for 2 years before learning the second half.

Where can I find the taoist tai chi videos?

Sign in to follow this