Sign in to follow this  
JackSquat

Post your favorite meditation etc.

I was just wondering what everybody's favorite meditation/exercise/practice/cultivation/whatever was; what do you enjoy the most, or what do you feel benefits you the most, etc.. Don't over-think this one, just write whatever comes to you.

Personally, I try to make time once a week in between things to take a short hike. I know the trails through the woods in the park near here like the back of my hand, so I just relax and wander around mindlessly on zombie auto pilot until a spot strikes me for brief meditation. Some of the most profound moments of my life were spent in this way, and it is the most effective way that I know of to relax and get in touch with things.

Peace all, and happy hunting!

sometimes when I am practicing reiki meditation, I spontaneously get this image of myself as avalokitesvara. as if by channeling reiki I become the embodiment of the buddha of compassion. then I just rest in that.

energywise:

single pointed dantien meditation

kunlun + red phoenix

gtummo

Not in any particular order.

Here's a good 9 minutes worth of meditation.

Thin red line

Your link keeps taking me to me to a 4 and a half minute video of the elephant man. Although it was kinda meditative and actually pretty interesting, I had to ask if that's what you intended to link to.

P.S.

I also like to meditate and take turns visualizing each of my main chakras and breathing appropriate energies into each while visualizing them becoming healthy and robust. Anyone else want to add a favorite practice?

I like to change up and cycle the meditations that I do. Within stillness meditation, or single pointed meditation theres MANY different objects, many ways to apply one's awareness. Even within repeating silent mantra there is so many variations as to how to keep ones awareness. For example the mantra can be visualized as well. I even was visualizing typing fingers over my third eye while saying the mantra--results. Or you can become aware of the mantra as your entire being, or you can pay attention to the tones and change up your inner voice.

The narrower the focus, the easier the chi starts to accelerate/thicken. General body relaxation helps too. Last night I relaxed parts of my head, part by part--results.

That Zen story about the Master berating the student by polishing the floor stone, saying you cant reach enlightenment by meditation--I interpret that to mean you shouldnt be robotic about meditations. One can observe and test to get to the deeper states.

Guest winpro07
:mellow: Edited by winpro07

Me 2

:)

Me 3 :lol:

I also do a type of of Anja chakra meditation. Starting the meditation I sit cross-legged (I am VERY inflexible so that's the best I can do with out straining!) and close my eyes. I keep my hands in my lap left hand on top of my right hand with my thumbs touching at the top forming a circle. It's hard to explain but I look slightly up which typically causes a lot of energy throughout my body (more than if i'm just looking straight ahead). I focus on the darkness and my awareness of darkness noticing how expansive it is, never ending, everywhere. Once I feel very still / relaxed and the thoughts quiet down I then open my eyes and look out in the same way that I had with them closed and leave them open without blinking. I As the energy builds I focus on the Anja chakra (3rd eye) an am able to 'expand my boundary' so to speak. I lose the feeling of my body completely and I just feel bliss/energy/peace... there's no good way to describe it...every now and then I will feel a strong surge of energy .. so strong that I feel I might fall over (I haven't yet!).

Of all the meditation types I've tried this has had the most results for me personally. I do this for 30-45 minutes each night before bed.

Your link keeps taking me to me to a 4 and a half minute video of the elephant man. Although it was kinda meditative and actually pretty interesting, I had to ask if that's what you intended to link to.

P.S.

I also like to meditate and take turns visualizing each of my main chakras and breathing appropriate energies into each while visualizing them becoming healthy and robust. Anyone else want to add a favorite practice?

Interesting...

I know I intended to copy a 9 min. trailer of the movie Thin red line with the soundtrack.

But this is unintentionally profound. Much more so than my see-through pun.

h

My traditional favorite is metta meditation. Lately I've been doing slow deep breathing, and watching nature. I look for the yin and yang aspect of things, and see how they contain one another, work together. It's really peaceful.

peace + love

Chris

Sign in to follow this