chrisjswanson

Favorite Foods

Local food- raw goat milk kefir,raw honey,grassfed beef,free range chicken and eggs, greens from my garden

not local-grassfed bison,cacao nibs,ghee

• Like 1

Not really but it is amazing.

I agree!!

Home made pesto (must be mortar & pestle) over papardelle pasta and purple sprouting broccoli

gimme gimme gimme

• Like 1

Watermelon, cherries, peaches, brussel sprouts;

hand made pasta with garlic, olive oil, pine nuts, and asparagus;

dark chocolate....

today

Lately I really dig almond butter and honey...

I'd love to hear what others enjoy.

peace + love

Chris

Try it on a banana mmmm

the fresh salad from my biological garden for yesterdays lunch, the countless ripe and sweet apples from my apple trees (this year we have lots of apples here in germany!) and the delicious green-violet broccoli that i like to eat with tagliatelle (tagliatelle with broccoli and ham)...delicious!

I've been growing tomato plants all summer and using there fruit to make wonderful gaspacho. Fresh healthy gaspacho, pitcher after pitcher full, glass after daily glass. I can't stand the look or smell of it anymore.

I still find guacamole deeply satisfying, until I start growing avocado trees that is.

Michael

freshly cooked brown basmati, so soothing and warming, like sitting with an old friend in the sunshine

spinach! tasting the earth and thinking of popeye.

sheeps milk wensleydale, with smoked oatcakes and lime and chilli chutney. YOWSER. wash it down with hot genmaicha... total mouth happiness.

Try it on a banana mmmm

This combination of banana honey and nut butter may be the physical manifestation of some divine trio =)

Thanks for the great answers everyone.

peace + love

Chris

Recently ive become interested in 2 chinese herbs that can be combined to make an awesome porridge that can be eaten through out summer and winter

Combine Yi Yi Ren (jobs tears) with Qian Shi (fox nut) and bring it to boil in alot of water.Simmer it for about 1 and a half hours.I like to add enough water so when its done its more like a soup.Add some chinese rock suger or honey for taste as it can be pretty bland with out it

Yi Yi Ren is slightly cold. Tonifies yang energy and eliminates dampness.

Qian Shi is neutral. Tonofies kidney and spleen energy.Its has been well known for its ability to treat premature ejactulation , impotance and other sexual disorders and has anti aging properties

Since summer is coming my other favorite food is surely going to be watermellon :)

• Like 1

alfalfa, broccoli sprouts, falafel, a salad with tossed in deepfried falafels, green salads, pasta salads, potato salads, rice salads, fresh pasta with salt & pepper and olive oil, gazpacho, watercress, shakes with banana & goji & pumpkinseeds & wheatgrass, good coffee (in various forms, ice or hot), natural energy drinks (bHIP), various things on the grill, baguette with lettuce, cucumber, mayo, cheese, boiled egg. cacao nibs, fresh juices

Edited by froggie

I have been craving honey lately. Then, the idea of mixing nitwits ghee or coconut oil in some fashion sounded amazing. But, I hear this is a bad idea and poisonous.

Is there a safe way to mix raw, unfiltered honey with any oil or dairy product? Because something inside keeps telling me that can be powerful together.

Ayurveda says don't heat honey at all, and also don't mix it in equal portions with ghee. To be safe, don't mix it at all with ghee...although I've seen that some say in unequal quantities it's beneficial. The honey should be from an organic source and raw. The ghee should ideally be from fresh cultured organic butter, and processed in coordination with the full moon, in addition to some other things...and not just clarified regular butter. The former has a more beneficial effect on the system.

I haven't been able to find much good reasoning behind why you shouldn't combine the two...from my understanding it's one of those unexplained rules; nevertheless it is stated in the texts. I think it has to do with improper food combining, which creates ama (toxins), since they're of opposing qualities (heating and cooling) and probably counteract each other's medicinal effects. You don't want something to be sitting in the stomach as something else ferments, basically...give the stomach one thing to work with, or else complementary things. It's cool to learn about food combining.

Something you could try instead is to have a very small amount of ghee, like a teaspoon to begin with. Take that on an empty stomach, and then only when you feel hungry take the honey. If you have too much ghee, it will put out the agni (digestive fire) and create ama, rather than stoking it (which will make you more hungry than usual) and preventing ama formation.

Taking the honey dissolved in spring water is said to be good for maintaining a healthy weight (losing it if too fat, gaining it if too thin) and basically helps the body to coordinate itself all around...or even use rain water to get a lot of good prana in there...so you could do it like that once the hunger arises after taking the little bit of ghee.

Found this person's answer for you.

As for other types of oil, coconut oil is even more cooling than ghee. It's problematic for some people in various ways. It wouldn't be ideal during the winter. Ghee is said to be the best oil for everyone, it's tridoshic...won't have any negative effects when taken in the right amount (for kapha dosha predominant people, just a small amount will pacify kapha rather than increase it).

Edited by turtle shell
  • Like 1