Spirit Ape

Kunlun 1,2,3

I was wondering how different or precise Kunlun levels 1,2,3 are compared to what Sifu Jenny will be teaching at her seminar. The book is only 20 bucks but can the practice be truely learnt through a book or does one need to learn directly from either Jenny or Max?

Ape

You know Kunlun is part of Max's system and the other part is another practice from Maoshan Taoism that isn't in the book, right?

You will probably learn other practices from Jenny that you wouldn't learn from Max and am sure her worshop will be awesome. But if you want to learn the Maoshan stuff have to do the Max workshop.

According to Max, combining Kunlun with the Maoshan practice he teaches is what can give the Gold Dragon Body.

Thanks, what i meant is that people are getting results from kunlun level 1,2,3 the old book without the maoshan and that is without going to see max for a transmission so does one need to learn from Jenny or Max and can they get the same results from using a book? Jenny i dont think uses any transmission anyway, you know what i mean?

Ape

Yes, it's an interesting question. I don't know if Chris is still going to answer all these questions or not but maybe he can answer.

I wish I could compare practice without transmission and with but I only practiced Kunlun before I met Max for about a week. The best thing would be to ask people here who practiced for awhile from the book before doing the workshop because they can compare the two.

Off the top of my head Joeblast, Yoda and Smile come to mind.

I was wondering how different or precise Kunlun levels 1,2,3 are compared to what Sifu Jenny will be teaching at her seminar. The book is only 20 bucks but can the practice be truely learnt through a book or does one need to learn directly from either Jenny or Max?

Ape

Jenny says she will only teach level one.

Level one is all people need.

Mantra,

I was wondering if Sifu Jenny would actually teach K1... that's awesome!

Your pal,

Yoda

Thanks, what i meant is that people are getting results from kunlun level 1,2,3 the old book without the maoshan and that is without going to see max for a transmission so does one need to learn from Jenny or Max and can they get the same results from using a book? Jenny i dont think uses any transmission anyway, you know what i mean?

Ape

I'd say its definitely within the realm of possibility without the transmission, but...the transmission will save you a lot of time and effort. Not to mention you learn a lot more at a seminar than you do from the book. I practiced for about 4 months before attending a seminar. Had a much better idea of what I was doing after the seminar - but then the second seminar a lot of stuff really clicked and it was thrice the experience of the first. I look forward to a third, not to really learn anything new, but to refine what I've been working on. Since I've been doing K2 from the book I'd really like to attend a k2 seminar...but I couldnt make that first one that just passed by in august.

[quote name='Cameron' date='Oct 1 2008, 05:54 AM' post='81151'

According to Max, combining Kunlun with the Maoshan practice he teaches is what can give the Gold Dragon Body.

i have read through most of the treads about kunlun since the Kunlun explosion here...

i have read lots of references to golden dragon body

but never anything that said what it actually was or why someone would want to reach such a state

or if it corresponded to other things like "rainbow body" or the taoist idea of just entering the tao and returning to nothing leaving no trace...

i did read about someone's arm disappearing through a train wall and something at starbucks that was similar but nothing else....

did i miss something

so what is the "golden dragon body"?

just curious

franklin

GDB is apparently a returnable rainbow body. The impression I have is that you are so unblocked (of samskaras or attachments) and united in mind/body/spirit/whatever else, that you physically dissolve/unite with the Tao...and you do certain things to stay here physically, if that's the choice.

Why someone would want to reach this? To be the kunlun champion. I don't know. :P To freak people out at starbucks?

But it encompasses the goal of every spiritual tradition I think: to find the truth, to rid yourself of "sinful nature", to be one with Nature, etc.

By the way: that's just my interpretation. :)

Scotty,

What differences do you think a transmission would make to a non tranmission is it all in the mind to recieve it or if you are open enough to the Tao you can connect to the source regardless?

Maybe its for people that cannot open themselves to the Tao?

regards

Ape

I have no idea. Things started happening a lot faster with the transmission though. Normally when I would practice my legs would just shake...but during the transmission at the seminar I started moving side to side.

Jenny says she will only teach level one.

Level one is all people need.

This time level 1 in montreal, but next time she will teach level 2, but level 1 is all people need at first.

I know very little about GDB myself. The person who told me about Max had said he had attained rainbow body level which of course I had heard of being a high(highest?) level attainment in Tibetan Buddhism. But when I met Max he told me his system can give the GDB.

From peoples arms disappearing and such it sounds like with the Kunlun practice you raise your vibration to a level where you go up to the next level.

Would like to hear more myself but so far it seems Max and company really want people to have their own experience rather than for them to spell it out for us.

I am waiting for someone on Taobums to attain this level and then post about it :lol:

Transmission definitely helps and is a part of many schools. My own teacher has helped me many, many times, way beyond my miserable worth, but then that is what teachers do.

It doesn't replace practice though.

Practice, practice, practice. Then do some more. Get some correction-very important. Then practice. Practice, practice, practice.

I ask my teacher some questions about some 'interesting things' that have happened. Very good, he says. Now practice, practice, practice.

Experience is King. I think I've mentioned this before ;) .

Best,

Mike

I am waiting for someone on Taobums to attain this level and then post about it

See me here standing next to that house on the left ?

84312196.AekoHnR4.DSC_0977.jpg

see here I had just attained my dragon body ...

:P

YM "now you see me, now you don't" Wong

Edited by YMWong

This time level 1 in montreal, but next time she will teach level 2, but level 1 is all people need at first.

I am not so sure about that. You will have to get that from her. She told me Monday that she is only interested in teaching level one as, "It is enough for most people."

Also, she will teach more philosophy than Max generally does. He, as you may know, is more interested in giving you as many practices as you can handle, so you can pick the one(s) that resonate with you personally.

People will like her style though, she is very wise and very powerful.

We also talked about bringing her out to teach a special women's class. I think many women practitioners could benefit from such an intensive. :)

Mantra,

But isnt the philosphy also important if Max isnt teaching this, I mean to understand what its all about?

Do you think the philosphy is important and will it make it any better i guess practice is most important right?

Ape

P.S I get bouncing, swaying, jerking, arms circling by themselves and its only from the book!!! :D

Mantra,

But isnt the philosphy also important if Max isnt teaching this, I mean to understand what its all about?

Do you think the philosphy is important and will it make it any better i guess practice is most important right?

Ape

P.S I get bouncing, swaying, jerking, arms circling by themselves and its only from the book!!! :D

Philosophy is important in that it helps align your thinking in the direction of your goal. However, I don't think it (when received externally) is an absolutely necessary element to facilitate self-awakening.

When you do your practice regularly (if you have a good practice), it will reveal the correct understanding by itself and the philosophy will come naturally. You will get the right teachings from yourself, which, of course, is the best teacher available.

"You need a teacher to show you that you don't need a teacher."