松永道

Yin Xian Fa and Ling Bao Bi Fa Cultivation Methods

Thankyou very much!

I have something maybe you can translate for me?

Lui Xin Xiang Yin Xiong Bei Yuan

Where are these 6 hearts on the body?

Ape

Thankyou very much!

I have something maybe you can translate for me?

Lui Xin Xiang Yin Xiong Bei Yuan

Where are these 6 hearts on the body?

Ape

It is Liuxin Xiangyin Xiongbei Yiyuan

The six hearts are the 'hand hearts', 'foot hearts', 'actual heart', 'summit heart'

Best

YM

whats the summit heart and what does it do in regards to cultivation?

thanks heaps

This is actually from martial art practice and, at least for as much as I know, I haven't heard the same discussed in cultivation terms.

As I don't practice Xingyi or Yiquan, from whence the saying comes, I cannot say for sure but I suppose the 'summit heart' is the top of the head.

YM

This saying isnt from Yi Chuab but i guess all practice use this method in one way or another? I guess it also can be 6 heart breathing method in and out through these points? Possibly wuji standing Zhan Zhong?

This saying isnt from Yi Chuab but i guess all practice use this method in one way or another? I guess it also can be 6 heart breathing method in and out through these points? Possibly wuji standing Zhan Zhong?

I really have no idea, sorry.

I saw this reference in Xingyi and Yichan books only.

I also just Googled the six heart sentence and it only sorts out Xingyi/Yiquan references so I'd tend to say that's a very specific and martial thing.

YM

As promised, here the first draft of some basic information on the Yin Xian Fa and Ling Bao Bi Fa found in Longmen Pai cultivation. Many thanks to Shen Zhigang (Shen Laoshi), for his scholarship and modern interpretation of Zhong Lu Chuan Dao Ji 《钟吕传道集》 and Ling Bao Bi Fa 《灵宝毕法》. His clear words continue to lend great insight to my studies of classical Dao cultivation. Thanks to Wang Liping for his responsibility to line of cultivation alive. And of course, profound thanks to my own teacher for getting me established in these methods.

Hi, I don't really know what all this means.... Is this Wang Liping and or Jiang's teaching theory ? Who wrote this thing and when could you please clarify ?

Thank you.

V/R, Orb

Dear SYD,

maybe you have seen this already but in case you haven't I find these commentaries quite useful

http://219.76.217.108/Books/Mast_Lui/Tao_Medit2.htm

Best

YM

Traditional characters! Arrrggh.

Very good link, thank you. Very good. And please any more comments or additions are more than welcome. My translation skills are basically the bare minimum, I just wanted to put my one partially developed skill to use helping in some way since the rest of my studies are still in incubation. Plus, it's good for studies!

6000 breathing cycles. Wow. Well there's certainly a reason I haven't graduated to the Ling Bao Bi Fa yet. Small goals. Man man lai.

---

Wudangspirit, thanks for the additional insights, I'd certainly like to hear any more you'd like to share. And in fair exchange, I'll add this quote to what you mentioned about the wuji stage.

Begin at the Celestial Root, located in the center of the forehead below the Hair's Well, called Ni Wan;

Use your eyes to look at the tip of your nose; Use the mind to visualize the nose looking down at the tip of the tongue; Visualize the tongue looking at the center of the Chest's Hall, called Chiang Kung, the Ordering Palace;

Chiang Kung then looks down at the lower center, Ming Men, located between the belly button and the kidneys (3.5" behind the belly button, in the peritoneal cavity); Lastly, Ming Men looks down at Tan Tien (3.5" below Ming Men), the core root and center of gravity; This central tree, from top to bottom, reaches out to the universe along four lines.

I'll continue adding to this when I can and would be very happy for others like YMWong and Wudangspirit to keep doing the same.

• Like 1

6000 breaths at 2 minutes a breath is about an 8.3 day meditation :lol: props to anyone that gets 1/10th that far!

• Like 1

This is actually from martial art practice and, at least for as much as I know, I haven't heard the same discussed in cultivation terms.

white crane qigong uses this concept

The only comments i have are

(1) Thomas Cleary has already translated the same things in Opening the Dragongate p.83, 93-94.

(2) Merging yin and yang is a mistranslation of Pipei Yin Yang both literally and practically. Cleary translated it as "pairing the yin and yang" and i believed i translated it as "matching yin and yang" on my blog.

(3) what wudansiprit said about yin xian fa is his own interpreatation, it's unrelated to Master Wang's lineage and is certainly different from the actual methods.

(4) contact me if you want to learn yin xian fa :lol:

Edited by Ken
  • Like 1

I get the gut-feeling this is really a tough and difficult practice.

Not suited for volunteers.

You'd really need destiny to do that.

I think everyone has his path, though.

Like someone said, there are things that we need to deal with, in this lifetime.

It's a funny feeling, the more I find out about this traditional daoist cultivation, the more pessimistic I become.

It's for very fiew.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I won't argue with anyone however, I too am from the Longmen sect and I have gone through this training. I don't study from books or translation however, may read them for pure fun.

This is a pretty bold statements made from someone I don't know. I was putting it into the simplest form I could for people to understand.

I am open for suggestion however, I'd keep my comments to myself if you do not know who you are talking about (me). I don't go by literal translations and books. I go purely by what I am taught and I share some of that with people who really want to know not with those who already know everything.

Tao Bless you!

Wudangspirit

The only comments i have are

(1) Thomas Cleary has already translated the same things in Opening the Dragongate p.83, 93-94.

(2) Merging yin and yang is a mistranslation of Pipei Yin Yang both literally and practically. Cleary translated it as "pairing the yin and yang" and i believed i translated it as "matching yin and yang" on my blog.

(3) what wudansiprit said about yin xian fa is his own interpreatation, it's unrelated to Master Wang's lineage and is certainly different from the actual methods.

(4) contact me if you want to learn yin xian fa :lol: