松永道

Yin Xian Fa and Ling Bao Bi Fa Cultivation Methods

Wudang,

Please keep posting i enjoy reading your information!

I have one question since you been through the stages already, can you tell us without giving away too much secrets of course if there is any what type of exercises or methods you do for the Huan Yuan at the beginning? Is it standing or sitting practices, moving seated or standing practices?

Are they like Tao Yin with meditation (stillness)?

Thanks very much!

Spirit Ape

Wudanspirit,

I just wanted to point out what you said is unrelated to Master Wang lineage, it's not meant as a criticism but i was merely stating a fact. I learnt directly from Shen Laoshi who learnt directly from Master Wang, so i know that what you described has nothing to do with the teachings we have.

Ken.

p.s. also Longemn Pai is really big and has many sub-branches, not every branch has transmission of Ling Bao Bi Fa.

Wudang,

Sorry i missed your post on page one that explains the basics of Huan Yuan! :)

Also do you learn any type of moving meditation such as Dao Yin or Taiji as part of cultivation?

Ape

Yep and I was purely talking of the training that I have had, not from your book or Master Wang's lineage. All the branches do have different methods. I was stating what I was taught, not of my interpretation. So please make it clearer next time where you are coming from okay.

Wudanspirit,

I just wanted to point out what you said is unrelated to Master Wang lineage, it's not meant as a criticism but i was merely stating a fact. I learnt directly from Shen Laoshi who learnt directly from Master Wang, so i know that what you described has nothing to do with the teachings we have.

Ken.

p.s. also Longemn Pai is really big and has many sub-branches, not every branch has transmission of Ling Bao Bi Fa.

Ape,

In the Wudang Longmen Sect we especially practice Taiji, Qigong, Neijiachuan(internal kung fu) and Alchemy training. They are a complete system so we practice them all.

Wudangspirit

Wudang,

Sorry i missed your post on page one that explains the basics of Huan Yuan! :)

Also do you learn any type of moving meditation such as Dao Yin or Taiji as part of cultivation?

Ape

Ape,

We have a full system of training. However, it's always best to learn that from a true teacher. I would say learn that from my Master but that would be biased. If it's Wudang methods however, he is the one to go to. If it's other sects or practices, I don't know.

We can discuss offline if you're really interested.

Wudangspirit[

quote name=Spirit Ape' date='Oct 1 2008, 02:10 PM' post='81231]

Wudang,

Please keep posting i enjoy reading your information!

I have one question since you been through the stages already, can you tell us without giving away too much secrets of course if there is any what type of exercises or methods you do for the Huan Yuan at the beginning? Is it standing or sitting practices, moving seated or standing practices?

Are they like Tao Yin with meditation (stillness)?

Thanks very much!

Spirit Ape

interpreatation, it's unrelated to Master Wang's lineage and is certainly different from the actual methods.

(4) contact me if you want to learn yin xian fa :lol:

Hi Ken, i would love to learn so i ask for a clarification

第七法 调养真息 Tiaoyang Zhen Xi

is there a very specific phenomenon that happens to the body and to the breath at this stage and if so what is it?

Thank you.

Edited by Procurator

I get the gut-feeling this is really a tough and difficult practice.

Not suited for volunteers.

You'd really need destiny to do that.

I think everyone has his path, though.

Like someone said, there are things that we need to deal with, in this lifetime.

It's a funny feeling, the more I find out about this traditional daoist cultivation, the more pessimistic I become.

It's for very fiew.

Well, yes and no I'd say

One can do jogging on the weekend and still enjoy running while another can train all his life and become a world champion

Needless to say, as you noticed above, most probably the guy who become the world champion has an *inborn plus* but that's only a maybe ... we don't really know

The very fact that we are here spending our time on the web shows we are only amateurs, some less some more, but again one do not need to become 'world champion' to enjoy a certain practice

If you want to see how a *professional* trained than I'd suggest you read books like

The Teaching and Practices of the Early Quanzhen Daoist Masters

S. Eskildsen, SUNY 2004

but again we don't need to go too far to see that *high levels* - in any discipline - require incredible efforts

So I'd say don't get pessimistic, don't set any far away 'enlightment goal' and simply do one step after another

In chinese we say 'even 10,000 kilometers starts with the first step'

The goal of practice/life is well explained in Zhuang Zi

It is (utmost) happiness ---- and that is on the reach of EVERYONE

YM

• Like 1

I think I was misunderstood when I said contact me if you want to learn Yin Xian Fa. What i meant was if you are interested in learning from Shen Laoshi in a future seminar, I am not qualifed to teach any of these methods.

• Like 1

Hi Ken, i would love to learn so i ask for a clarification

第七法 调养真息 Tiaoyang Zhen Xi

is there a very specific phenomenon that happens to the body and to the breath at this stage and if so what is it?

Thank you.

I would also very much appreciate Ken's clarification. In the mean while, here is one line that describes Zhen Xi:

凡息停而真息动,真息生而内炁行

When the common breath stops the real breath ignites,

when the real breath begins internal Qi flows.

All I'll say is from my experience on the matter, this statement should be interpreted quite literally.

• Like 3

I think I was misunderstood when I said contact me if you want to learn Yin Xian Fa. What i meant was if you are interested in learning from Shen Laoshi in a future seminar, I am not qualifed to teach any of these methods.

i asked the question to assess if your school teaches the true method. Care to answer my question?

i asked the question to assess if your school teaches the true method. Care to answer my question?

:lol: well that is assuming you know what is a "true method". what make you think that? :lol:

:lol: well that is assuming you know what is a "true method". what make you think that? :lol:

i asked you a question FIRST - please kindly answer it or refuse to do so. after that i will consider answering your question.

thank you

:lol:

i asked you a question FIRST - please kindly answer it or refuse to do so. after that i will consider answering your question.

thank you

:lol:

well by you sophomoric cackling you let me know that nor you or your teacher knows the right stuff , so irecommend others not to waste money for whatever you are peddling on your seminars.

haha Mike, that was a bit harsh on procurator :lol:

anyway, i was actually going to answer the question but then i realised that he wanted to "assess" the teaching of my school. well i found that very disrespectful to Master Wang and Shen Laoshi, i couldn't believe there is someone in the world who is presumptuous enough to judge Master Wang Liping's teaching. if it was a question of genuine curiosity or if anyone wanted to compare and discuss their interpretations of the terms used in the classics, i am open to it. But i won't put forth materials from Master Wang and Shen Laoshi's teaching out in the public to be "judged". For discussion yeah, but not judegment. Anyway if anyone has read essays from my blog, one will realise that Shen Laoshi has been very generous in showing the world authentic experiences and phenomena associated with Ling Bao Bi Fa, I don't think you can find these materials anywhere else.

Please don't let one person's pollution from ruin it for the rest. Doing so would really give them too much credit. Anyway, there's much bigger things out there to overcome. A pebble on the tracks won't derail a train.

That said, there's been plenty of analysis, constructive comments, and added insights so far, I'd don't see why it should stop here. I have read you blog Ken and think it's great. Please keep up the good work and consider sharing more here.

Ladies and gentlemen of virtue, check your egos at the door, we have real work to do.

• Like 1

....but then i realised that he wanted to "assess" the teaching of my school. well i found that very disrespectful to Master Wang and Shen Laoshi, i couldn't believe there is someone in the world who is presumptuous enough to judge Master Wang Liping's teaching.

but of course...would not that be much more convenient for all 3 of you if customers just forked out the cash without trying to assess what is it that you are flogging here. your contribution so far consisted of sales talk about the seminars. how much is your commission?

Question, by all means. Just stop being so damn rude please.

Best,

Mike

dude this is the third time you try to give me advice. this is uncalled for. let's have an agreement...u dont tell me what to do, i dont tell u where to go. Deal? Edited by Procurator

Procurator,

I know you're a person will valuable things to say. But why are you sabotaging yourself? I think you have every right and reason to question, but the way you do it really reduces your chances of getting a good answer.