松永道

Yin Xian Fa and Ling Bao Bi Fa Cultivation Methods

Wow, you guys are amazing i have some old text a book on Kunlun Dragon system would anyone be interested in translating it?

I can start a new thread?

Spirit Ape

Craig,

reading Daoist texts is not the same as reading the newspaper. They have a number of usages one of which is instilling 'things' in your mind in a non-direct way.

A literal translation, in my opinion, as as close as it comes to give similar results in another language.

The brain will work on that, consciously and later unconsciously, in a similar way as a native speaker would do i.e. in the original way the author meant it to be done.

Needless to say one reading the translation might miss quite a number of things given the fact that his and the language backgrounds are different, but at least he won't get *mislead* by someone else's interpretation.

Daoist texts, most of them, has been (classically) interpreted by various masters of the past for the usage of later Daoists - but those are specifically called 'commentaries' which are given AFTER the original text.

YM

I don't disagree with your analysis of the value of translation and intrepretation and distinguishing between the two.

I guess you would favor an approach similar to that found in I-Ching books.

Give original text in traditional characters. Give the most literal translation possible and then give commentary (e.g. the ten wings) to expand upon the literal translation.

Perhaps SYD's interpretation can be viewed as commentary?

Anyway, all I can say is that the way SYD wrote has resonance with me and is in accord with language and information I have received from my teacher.

Craig

time for a big BUUMP! :lol:

many of our friends weren't around when this thread "happened"

i hope we could ressurect it :lol:

time for a big BUUMP! :lol:

many of our friends weren't around when this thread "happened"

i hope we could ressurect it :lol:

I second that :)

I second that :)

Yes, agreed! BIG BUHUHUMP!

So what happens now we've bumped bigtime? Do we ask SYD or YMW to write something interesting?

There's someone else that can help this thread from dying, HERE

SYD was posting here today. We should grab him and not let him go until he give us an update to how he is doing with his translations!

The thread is fading so easily from the first page :( Is there no interest left? I can't belive that, it already gathered almost 1000 views in about a day or so.

Please PM SYD, i've PM'd the other ones, until now there's not much response but se can still trust a hope

If you have Rootless Traveler's texts, please pass them to me also :)

hoping and praying

E

Holy cow! the number of views on this topic has nearly doubled in just a couple of days.

Heh, it takes so little for me to become optimistic again.

I thought it'll soon sink in a sea of psychodramas and crappy posts ^_^

There is still hope!

Thanks to Sheng Zhen for the PM.

My computer ended up crashing a while ago, causing me to loose many of my translation sketches.. I took it as a sign to work more on cultivation, less on translation. I've been away from the internet in general, it's been very nice to focus more on less. I probably won't get back to it until after April 5th, Tomb sweeping day. Want to look good for the ancestors after all. ;)

I have all three of Shen Zhigang's books now, 行大道 (Xing Da Dao) being the most important for methods on Yin Xian Fa. The others are treatises on 种吕传道集(Zhonglu Zhuan Dao Ji), 灵宝毕法(Ling Bao Bi Fa), and 太乙金华宗旨 (Tai Yi Jinhua Zong Zhi), covering fundamental theory and Yang Shen gongfu methods. Xing Da Dao outlines the Yin Xian Fa neigong practice and some complementary qigong methods. It's my, perhaps ignorant, perspective that the qigong methods, while good, are not essential to the Yin Xian practice and that other moving and standing qigong and taiji forms would be good enough for building and circulating Qi. Yin Xian Fa is a process for using that Qi.

For anyone interested in practicing, the most basic step of Yin Xian Fa is then calming the mind, and entering stillness. Try to work towards sitting in lotus as posture is important for lower Dan Tian development. It takes patience and persistence to increase the inner rotation of the hips. If you consistently give up because of knee pain, this could actually end up damaging the knees. If you're serious, it's better to sit for a longer period of time, it takes that long for the larger muscles of the leg to relax and unburden the knees. If the pain is too much, we have had plenty of discussions here on other stretches that open the hips.

Many people have discussed what "entering stillness means". Before I thought it meant entering a state without distracting thoughts. Being aware of sounds, thoughts, etc but not being distracted by them. Now I can say that this is considered to be only one level of stillness. Still deeper, meditation adepts enter a space without sound, thought, or any other distraction. Entering stillness is indeed the gate to all wonders.

Let the head gently drain into the body, ears listen to the heart beat. Wei Bo Yang, a Han Dynasty cool Daoist dude, said that people of great virtue (上德), without desires, need only enter stillness and the whole process with unfold itself. People of lesser virtue (下德) need to practice a method to achieve the same process. However, it's better to think of this as a spectrum rather than two type of people. There are a precious few, born of strong body and mind who may achieve the process very quickly, then there are the rest of us, some need a better body to supply enough Jing for the transformation process, others need a better mind/heart, with less desire, delusion, and shadows. For the body you practice Ming Gong (命功) - practices for the Qi, Blood, Jing, Sinews, Bones and Skin; and for the mind you practice Xing Gong (性功) - practices for the Shen (consciousness), Hun (immortal soul), Zhi (will), Ling (spirit), Jing (stillness), Ding (concentration). As most everyone will need practices for both body and mind, though to different degrees, Yin Xian Fa, and any other complete system, necessarily incorporates both, "Xing Ming Shuang Xiu (性命双修)"

I will post some text, translation, and analysis of these first few stages in the future. Honestly I didn't know the interest was there, knowing that it is, I hope to do my part well to help.

Peace,

Song

• Like 2

Peace,

Song

Thank you Song!

Our withdrawal symtoms are eased for a little while. But soon we will probably begin bumping again ;)

Thank you Song!

Our withdrawal symtoms are eased for a little while. But soon we will probably begin bumping again ;)

Gimmie five man! Nice job. One friend in, a fiew more to come. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Oh happy day... :D

Welcome Back Song!!

One question I have in mind, still persisting for sometime.

I wonder what do They think about Merits, and how a person can work with Merits.

It has come to my knowledge that that is a very important part of the training.

Thank you so much...!

Edited by Little1

Up's a daisy!

I meant "Bump!"

:P

Ok, for you die-hard, interested few, any specific requests or shall I just start slowly adding more translations starting from the beginning. Are you interested in this as a practice or just comparative research?

It would be great if you could translate some more of the Yin Xian Fa neigong actual practice. Is it possible to make the three Shen Zhigang's books available for download?

Cheers!

Ok, for you die-hard, interested few, any specific requests or shall I just start slowly adding more translations starting from the beginning. Are you interested in this as a practice or just comparative research?

That's a pretty easy question to respond to: Everything you write on it is JUST FINE.

It's like a narrow-fuzzy window into traditional training (I say narrow and fuzzy just to "humble" myself at the fact that without being properly introduced to the traditional training, I cannot say I understand all that you write. Still, there something that I cannot quite understand or explain, that makes all of the text you guys posted quite thrilling.)

I'm not into practicing-after-information-found-on-the forums.

And I don't agree with uploading any of Shen Zhigang's material, without his consent.

Just put here whatever you FEEL it's important.

Whatever you can post. It all has been more than interesting.

That being said, please try to explain more about the Xia De and Shang De.

Also, any translations that you find interesting, on the beginning phases of the practice.

Also it may help if you could share something about your experiences. For example, I searched for the film Doing Time, Doing Vipassana. You said that Vipassana helped your neigong practice, I wished to know how exactly.

Mind me, I'm not looking for technical details on the practices. The Traditional Perspective on things is what I find most interesting.

I take the opportunity to thank you for your efforts, and add that this teachings have a life and destiny of their own - it's like the Latin saying, books have their fate - the fact that they are working, living and developing practices make them act and help people in most unusual ways. You can never know who gets it in the end

Well, enough yappin' from me. I'm sure all of our (fiew) interested friends are waiting for ANYTHING you can post on the topic above. We thank you all.

E.

We are very hungry, starved actually, for authenic teachings without new age twists or religious delutions here, so anything you post in this topic is very welcome!

Edited by sheng zhen
  • Like 1

There is a chinese Website where You can Download Shen Zhigangs Books for free in RAR/PDF Format. The website also have alot of discussion about wang lipings seminars & what is being taught to the students.

If somebody here is willing to translate page by page i will post the links. One guy promised to translate & share here, But when i passed on the links he disappeared.

Any Takers ?

Regards,

• Like 1

I'll add my avid support for your progress.

:D

Master Wang's public teachings and seminars are not some kind of super secret stuff. In fact last year, Ms Kahty Li had already posted the date for a seminar last oct and application procedure and the website where you can find more infromation. I will post it again here for reference:

www.daodechina.com (on a new host different from last year)

In the website above, you can also find the outline of the methods taught in the seminar. But these material, alongside with Shen Laoshi's book Xing Da Dao, are reference for people who have received teachings from Master Wang or his teaching assistants. It's not for the general public to try it for themselves. You might get into problems if you do it without any authorized teacher to help you.

• Like 1

Hi there Ken - any news on your blog? I've been meaning to ask you, what criteria does Mr Zhigang use when he chooses to reveal informations about the nature of the theory and training, on the longmenpai blog. Are they just a teaser, or does he expect for a certain view to cristalize in the mind of the reader. Thanks

edit: Ken, if you think you can post some info here that we can't find otherwise, please feel free to do so. Regarding the link you provided, I can't yet read all that, I need maybe another year of learning. Any other English sources?

Edited by Little1