Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

gottayogaball

Got a yoga ball yesterday, for supported bridges.

Works good for me.

Thanks to you guys for the tip.

Continuing to work with the yoga ball, and exploring breathing more into the belly while in that posture. Getting a lot out of it.

Thanks, again, for the tip towards this approach to bridging (that i used to think was the "sissy way" :rolleyes: ).

Hey Trunk, while you're at it you can work on your full splits with it too! :)

Subject: Fitness

Date/Time 2005-02-23 10:02:46

Facing the bar, lock the bar at the highest notch as though you were getting ready to load weight on the bar to do a squat. Turn 90 degrees and duck below the bar. Put a large swiss ball between your legs (under your groin) and a towell under each foot. Grab the bar with two hands (spot yourself) and descend into a side split. Use a ball big enough such that the ball stops your downward progress prior to you maxing out on the stretch.

At this point, you are sitting on the ball, your hands are gripping the bar and your legs are in a side split stretch. Observe your form to insure your pelvis is rotated forward and your legs are in line (butt and heels should be in the same plane).

Relax. The ball is supporting you. Relax. Breathe.

Now, push up on the bar wich lowers you deeper into a side split. The ball is pushing back making it safe. Pinch the floor (per the contract-relax methods) and relax the legs and push up on the bar some more to deepen the split. Rinse. Repeat. :-)

This did wonders for the "freezing up" problem that, for me, is unique to this stretch.

http://forum.dragondoor.com/training/message/320075/

Sean.

Sign in to follow this