Sign in to follow this  
River Gazer

Mmmmm... bacon...

Hear ye, hear ye, the royal alchemist has spoken, bacon is now good for you.

I have been pondering on the subject of nutrition, and I don't frankly trust anyone. Everyone is either a sheep or a quack.

Now, back in my younger days working in construction, i always lacked energy on the days I didn't have at least a pound of fatty meat in the morning. I didn't eat heavy at lunch or at night, but breakfast?

I has some energy if I ate lean, but not alot... but if i ate, fried fatty meat, i had tons. I didn't tire till after lunch when i ate some crappy sandwich.

Now bacon makes you fat. right? Yes and no. You throw it on a dry pan, and it'll fry in its own fat its so fatty... therefore, after a ton of fat is in the pan, and its shriveled up, it still fatty, right? Nope... hardly a gram left.

Now, why is low-fat fat good for you? Simple... along with saturated fat, fat stores alot of vitamins and nutrients. So much that you could make a bacon energy drink.

Now, I'm not sure how that leaves the meat... im pretty sure its just distillation... it boils in the tissue, escapes, and just condenses 1/4" off the pan.

It's like if salt was good for you, and you boiled the water out of salt water. Fat probably doesn't mix too well with air, so it condenses on the pan.

Now, i believe nutrition is an elemental thing. Fruit is of fire and wind, vegetables are of water and wind, meat is of fire and earth, and fat is of water and earth. Bone of earth, long-grass of wind, milk of water, and blood of fire...

Makes sense to me...

Furthering my example, we like milk because its healthy, but reduce the fat... the fatty part of bacon (all of it), fried, is just low-fat fat. :D

Eat my freinds. Eat and have the energy to haul lumber or bucket concrete up a hill.

Dont forgot to start eating ground bone of bone's sake, chopped longgrass for the bowel's sake, and boiled blood for the blood's sake.

Tell me what you all thing about my theory while I'm OW OW OWing from grease burns.

one last thing... my build.

My build is average fitness at 300ish lbs. I can almost do a chinup, and about 20 pushups. Basically, a heavy boned fat guy who did alot of weights back in high school.

B) I could bench press 225, curl 50, and leg press 1000lb when i was 15... and thinking of getting back to it

If your wondering why I'm not fit, I'm lazy. And I'm lazy because I'm tired... and I'm not tired when I get low-fat fat... so....

Edited by River Gazer

In the BBC All Creatures Great And Small, the head vet said that a good english breakfast is the secret to a happy day!

Bacon is the holy and sacred food of all the gods, everyone knows this.......

Bacon lovers should all try a Quiznos Bacon, Egg and Cheddar breakfast sandwich, it has a ton of bacon on it!

Ahhhh..... bacon......

Bacon is the holy and sacred food of all the gods, everyone knows this.......

Bacon lovers should all try a Quiznos Bacon, Egg and Cheddar breakfast sandwich, it has a ton of bacon on it!

Ahhhh..... bacon......

..and I was just feeling guilty admitting to loving chickenwings... :lol:

Hear ye, hear ye, the royal alchemist has spoken, bacon is now good for you.

I have been pondering on the subject of nutrition, and I don't frankly trust anyone. Everyone is either a sheep or a quack.

Now, back in my younger days working in construction, i always lacked energy on the days I didn't have at least a pound of fatty meat in the morning. I didn't eat heavy at lunch or at night, but breakfast?

I has some energy if I ate lean, but not alot... but if i ate, fried fatty meat, i had tons. I didn't tire till after lunch when i ate some crappy sandwich.

Now bacon makes you fat. right? Yes and no. You throw it on a dry pan, and it'll fry in its own fat its so fatty... therefore, after a ton of fat is in the pan, and its shriveled up, it still fatty, right? Nope... hardly a gram left.

Now, why is low-fat fat good for you? Simple... along with saturated fat, fat stores alot of vitamins and nutrients. So much that you could make a bacon energy drink.

Now, I'm not sure how that leaves the meat... im pretty sure its just distillation... it boils in the tissue, escapes, and just condenses 1/4" off the pan.

It's like if salt was good for you, and you boiled the water out of salt water. Fat probably doesn't mix too well with air, so it condenses on the pan.

Now, i believe nutrition is an elemental thing. Fruit is of fire and wind, vegetables are of water and wind, meat is of fire and earth, and fat is of water and earth. Bone of earth, long-grass of wind, milk of water, and blood of fire...

Makes sense to me...

Furthering my example, we like milk because its healthy, but reduce the fat... the fatty part of bacon (all of it), fried, is just low-fat fat. :D

Eat my freinds. Eat and have the energy to haul lumber or bucket concrete up a hill.

Dont forgot to start eating ground bone of bone's sake, chopped longgrass for the bowel's sake, and boiled blood for the blood's sake.

Tell me what you all thing about my theory while I'm OW OW OWing from grease burns.

one last thing... my build.

My build is average fitness at 300ish lbs. I can almost do a chinup, and about 20 pushups. Basically, a heavy boned fat guy who did alot of weights back in high school.

B) I could bench press 225, curl 50, and leg press 1000lb when i was 15... and thinking of getting back to it

If your wondering why I'm not fit, I'm lazy. And I'm lazy because I'm tired... and I'm not tired when I get low-fat fat... so....

You might be exhausted from digesting your food. :)

I was vegetarian for a year or two a while back, after antibiotics / amoebic dysentery in India wiped me out.

Just didn't want to eat meat, so listened to my body.

It was the smell of cooking bacon that got me eating meat again.

Oh brother, I love dead smoked pig!

i eat bacon and eggs monday-friday and have been for almost 2 months now, never get tired.

At 18 no one gets tired :)

Have your blood work checked once a year

"Youth is wasted on the young"

Amen brother.......

I heard a good saying, "Your not as old as you feel, your as old as the girls you feel."

Amen brother.......

I heard a good saying, "Your not as old as you feel, your as old as the girls you feel."

:o *Gasp!*

?

...I have it in my mind that he's such a good kid!?!

:rolleyes:

Smell bothered me real bad at times while being a veggie person?

Never ate bacon until a few years ago.

Now would say it is a piece of heaven indeed!

Though, yes, one can have to much of a good thing!

eat it rarely now a days.

Do love the smell of it :D

My grandma and all the older folks in my life always used to cook with it,

there houses always smelt warm and welcoming.

There was always a pot on the stove waiting to be used.

Bacon is a "god" of memories!

Stay well,

Shon

edited fer spellin' stuff : (

Edited by shontonga

I have a packet of "veggie bacon" :-(

I started to eat things that don't have faces because it was getting weird for me. Then for a spell I couldn't eat soft boiled eggs because of thinking about beaks.

Sigh. I have sushi left. Prawns are underwater insects in my book. Until when?

Veggie bacon sucks.

Veggie chicken is pretty close to the compressed crap they sell anyway.

But, boy, does veggie bacon NOT get it.

I was thinking it would be more honest of me to go hunting. But I don't think I can :-(

Sign in to follow this