Dr. Andy

Kunlun Benefits

What benefits have you had from kunlun?

Have you been able to heal people from doing it?

Have you got into trippy states from doing it? And which level are you at?

And yes Cat I pasted this from the PM :lol:

That's a hard question to address for Kunlun or for any other path... the further one goes the longer the path gets... Having said that, the practice is fun and addictive and mindblowing. I finally feel like I have a practice where I'm getting somewhere even though I can't articulate it. And I like it that the practice changes up from time to time and stays quirky and that there are lots of other taobums going through it too. I think that on the whole, I'm gradually getting back into balance in all senses of the term. As balanced as I'm capable of being, at least. :lol:

Kunlun, at least 1 and 2 are pretty dynamic, so its not about trippy weird states like you can get in stillness when chi decides to do something interesting. But trippy states from stillness are very rare, wheras in Kunlun 1, its pretty frequent a kind of blissful field around me, with varying degrees of intensity and internal-ness. Definitely this is a far-from-mundane state which is regular human wakened state.

Well...

My body is integrating with "the source". So I guess that's a big benefit. You know, having parts of your body disappear (I haven't looked to see if I was really disappearing but it sure felt like it). This mostly happens with my head and upper body lately, when a practice is good. In the beginning, with red phoenix practice my mind would disappear. So yeah...that's the main thing.

But if you're looking for better health and weight loss and all of that, maybe kunlun won't do that? I mean in the long term, yes...but you'd be better off going to a gym and eating better if you want those results now. :lol:

I don't experiment with healing too much, like in terms of doing reiki, but I do think that kunlun would really help someone who does that. I've noticed personally, that touching people on the head or soles of the feet puts too much energy into them....experiences I've had:

1) Touching my friend's young son's head. He would get really hyper and do kriya stuff, then become really tired and withdrawn. That was at first. I visited them the other day and just talked to him a bit and the same thing happened. Super withdrawn and pouty the rest of the time.

2) I'm going to school for athletic training and we palpate bony prominences and stuff on eachother. I was touching my partner's feet and kept my palm on her sole for a bit...then she got really hot and felt sick. So I stopped.

So yeah, I think putting energy into someone isn't so good. Real healing isn't just about pumping people with energy. You've got to be smart about it...and I'm not! So I don't do it.

Anyway I've been around the block a bit in terms of practices (although not as much as others), and the various kunlun practices are great tools. Is it the elusive magic bullet practice? No...I don't think such a thing exists. But they are some of the best I've found. The only other thing that really can compare in terms of greatness is awareness watching awareness meditation.

I think Scotty said it well that for very physical changes taking up jogging is the way to go. Emotionally, my vibration has been gradually rising. In terms of Reiki, my abilities have probably improved threefold. Am I a better parent or husband? Definitely, but the bar wasn't set very high to begin with. :lol: Spiritually, definitely but ditto the above.

I asked cause some chi kung actually helps you lose weight and this is Qi Kung so was wondering if its helped you in anyway even not eating junk food or cravings?!

Does cultivation need proper food in order for it to be better?

Ape

1) Touching my friend's young son's head. He would get really hyper and do kriya stuff, then become really tired and withdrawn. That was at first. I visited them the other day and just talked to him a bit and the same thing happened. Super withdrawn and pouty the rest of the time.

2) I'm going to school for athletic training and we palpate bony prominences and stuff on eachother. I was touching my partner's feet and kept my palm on her sole for a bit...then she got really hot and felt sick. So I stopped.

I sat and witnessed the same thing in Oslo in the Frognerparken.

I'm sorry folks, but that always gets me worried about the nature of the energy; 2 kids got sick, and one of them quite disturbed, and had to be taken away for a while.

I too get very dizzy when tuning into the energy.

Again, I am NOT dissaproving all here who benifit from KL, just stating the obvious: Kids are like doves in a mine: when they react, there's something not quite right.

Then again; I do not know the deep information within the KL transmission, and are not claiming that I know the entire picture.

This is written in total respect to those who practice KL and receive benefits from it.

h

Guys, could anyone post any useful links on kunlun for someone unable to attend seminars (me)? Just the basic info for a start (like what it is, how it's practised, how it's learned, history etc). If posting links isn't allowed please send it to me in a private message?

thanks

Wow I'm surprised how much this topics set people off, out of interest is anyone here on Red Phoenix/Kunlun 3? Though, I'm interested in all experiences, they certainly seem to be varied eh.

And yes Nikola, I'd like to know a bit more on the latter Practices, Kunlun 1 - 3 are covered in the book, but no one seems willing to part with the data from Red Phoenix online, which to be honest is a nice change from normal humanity, but annoying still for anyone like us who hasn't attended a seminar. :lol:

Mine is probably unique, I can spin around on roller skates.

Took the kids last night and I hadn't been for a long time, so I tried not tense up so much and let my body do what it needed to- and pretty soon I was doing really good, kids would fall down and I'd do the little spin around thing to check on them- I don't think I could do that when I was a teenager!

So to make it a little more applicable- might be something to tap into to improve automaticity of motor coordination, learning and memory.

Scott, that seems kinda strange about those effects, I havent come across anything like that. Others sure dont react like that to my energy :D Cats, dogs, fish seem to like it, they stick around and seem to...enjoy it like sitting in the afternoon sun. I havent done it on too many people, most werent sensitive enough to notice anything...although when Jen was sleeping I stirred and woke her up with it. The one child I tried it on had quite a scattered mind and didnt notice anything at all. What exactly did you do?

Andy, red phoenix is taught at the seminars and can be done solo or with kunlun 1-2-3. We've been asked not to share the practice online. havent done k3 yet but I'm on k2...

Most of the time people respond well. That being said most of the time I'm not touching people on the crown and soles of the feet. :P

I also did it around the afternoon, which is the "no no time". So that might have had something to do with it.

But yeah when I practice in nature all sorts of animals seem to come over...I don't think it's the kunlun energy necessarily...I was just saying, "no I am not a good healer yet". :lol:

I think the Kunlun energy is appropriate for some but isn't a good fit for others like with Scotty's partner or the mixed responses on taobums as an example. Everyone reacts differently. My daughter mastered kunlun in about 5 seconds but my son doesn't grok it.

A good intro thread to look at is: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=4174

Honestly, don't worry about the lack of RP in the book... Kunlun practice will keep you occupied. :lol:

Most of the time people respond well. That being said most of the time I'm not touching people on the crown and soles of the feet. :P

I also did it around the afternoon, which is the "no no time". So that might have had something to do with it.

But yeah when I practice in nature all sorts of animals seem to come over...I don't think it's the kunlun energy necessarily...I was just saying, "no I am not a good healer yet". :lol:

hm, okay. a lot of what I've done was mingmen w/o touching...that seems to be a good general place to add a little energy for most.

What benefits have you had from kunlun?

Have you been able to heal people from doing it?

Have you got into trippy states from doing it? And which level are you at?

And yes Cat I pasted this from the PM :lol:

I have been practicing Kunlun L1 for 2 months but haven't attended any seminar yet.

I am still gradually building up my practice from initially 30 mins to 60 mins (I currently practice for 45 mins). In other words 10 mins initial visualization + 45 mins main posture + 15 mins closing down. Normally in the early morning.

I find the practice very soothing. I experienced some shaking initially. More recently, on top of that: muscular contractions (pumping) in the coccyx area and in the neck area, and arching of the back. Nothing exaggerated though.

I also practice awareness meditation 20 mins per day in the afternoon.

If I will begin feeling "spacey"/ungrounded I will also try I Jong standing from the book.

I haven't tried healing anyone and don't plan to until I will have progressed much further (if at all) :)

Cheers

Well I guess there are actual health benefits...I was just in a class where we were working on taking vitals, and we did blood pressure on eachother. Mine used to be around 140/90 all the time, for years, (when I was doing kundalini yoga), but now it's around 120/80.

This thread is excellent but misleading in the sense that it's left brained. Check out AugustLeo's practice discussion for a flavor of what the practice can be like, but best to try the practice out directly. There's a unusual vibe that is hard to talk about but present even in the first practice session.

I can equate 'listening to/hearing/feeling/tuning into' that vibe with being able to recognize a 60Hz VAC sound/feel. Qualitatively it is quite different, but once you know what it is, you can hear it/feel it, even in a crowded and somewhat noisy room.

Guest winpro07

I have only been doing it for a week and a bit but I can tell already that my metabolism is running allot faster. Other then spasming about the place all day long that is the only physiological effect I have noticed outside of training. I actually noticed today that when I go downstairs to where I train I start spasming uncontrollably (it's funny :D ). I just went downstairs to weigh myself and I could not stand on the scale! My wife calls me spaz now.

Anyway, I can tell you that I have travelled around the globe, done this system and that. I have learned high level Taoist stuff an had amazing results. I have been given shakitpat, had Kundalini awakening and other experiences you may not actually believe. In all this I can say that Kunlun is more powerful than any of them. IF you are truly seeking then ask your higher self for guidance and do not get caught up in the foolish discussions of linage like so many others that must appease their egos. It is laughable that these people put themselves on such a pedestal. Surely we should learn from them as they have attained such clarity!

I was actually lead to this practice via a dream (believe it or not). In my dream I was demonstrating my ability with a few others and generating huge amounts of energy creating dense light that sounded me. While doing this there was a female being (not from this world at least) who looked on. She then engulfed us all with an energy that was far greater and had some other quality to it. After the energy had touched me I knew inside that I had been changed to be like her or part of her race if you like. My physical body had even changed. There was also some significance I think with the colour purple but I have yet to find out what that is if anything at all.

Anyway, the very next day, morning in fact I came across Kunlun and it felt like a light had been lit inside me. Or more like the feeling when you arrive home finally from a long trip. I new at that instant that I had found my own holy grail. The parallels between the dream and the practice were bang on.So why am I telling you that? well for the simple reason that if this is for you, you will resonate with it like a tuning fork. Try it you have nothing to loose. To benefit as much as possible give up everything for it as an act of surrender. Surrender is the key. If you feel turned off then it might mean something. One other thing to me seems fairly apparent. There are common traits but it is different for everyone.

Amazing huh. The stories I have heard, and changes observed in so many......it's wonderful to see one more.