Zone Trooper

Workout Question

Howdy: Being relatively new to the internal martial arts and the Taoist concepts associated with them, I have a question regarding conditioning. Does the bodyweight conditioning advocated by Matt Furey and boxing/MMA workouts a la Ross Enamait enhance or take away from the goals in Tai Chi/ XingYi/ Bagua? Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated. ZT

Howdy: Being relatively new to the internal martial arts and the Taoist concepts associated with them, I have a question regarding conditioning. Does the bodyweight conditioning advocated by Matt Furey and boxing/MMA workouts a la Ross Enamait enhance or take away from the goals in Tai Chi/ XingYi/ Bagua? Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated. ZT

If you are physically and mentally drained by any exercise then stop the exercising and change to something new but if not, carry on. :D

Edited by h.uriahr

Thanks for the advice. The exercises are typical cardio, resistance and flexibility but I didn't know how they might affect internal energy development. Probably won't hurt, from the sound of things. ZT