bbsoft0

Youthfulness and Regeneration

We all read about Li Ching-Yun who supposedly lived 256 years practicing a set of 8 special exercises.

Chang San-Feng - inventor of T'ai Chi Ch'uan lived beyond 200.

The book "Alchemy & Immortality" by Charles Luk it writes that the middle-aged man should first repair the damage to the body caused by the dissipation of generative force.

Now I am wondering, if somebody wants to regain his health, gray hair to turn black, what method should he choose ? Li Ching Yun "Eight Brocade Qigong" or the method of Charles Luk/Mantak Chia ?

I mean are there some exercises that are very good, safe and rapid in the health/regeneration area without doing spiritual alchemy ?

I'm curious about the limits also. A 40 year old with a repaired body, with all his prenatal ching, is equivalent to a 16 years old? Or just looks younger, like 30 ? 10 years is the maximum limit for regeneration ?

I'm waiting for your opinion. :rolleyes:

The best single general health exercise in my arrogant opinion is zhan zhuang chi kung (buy 'way of energy' by Lam Kam chuen). The only exercise that I have heard turns grey hair black is the five tibetan rites, however I have never practiced them. It is easier just to buy a bottle of hair dye. What do you mean by 'spiritual alchemy'? Equivalent to a sixteen year old in what way? ...I think forty year olds have the benefit of more experience for one thing, in this respect maybe they shouldn't want to be 'equivalent to a 16 year old.

Edited by Teddy

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have the two books you mentioned. I practiced TFT for a year and some Chi Kung exercises.

I am twenty nine years old, not forty :o , but I feel I'm not in the same shape I was when sixteen. I was wondering if this is actually possible, to look like a sixteen year old and to have a body to the same level of health and flexibility even if you got past that age.

Did you ever met somebody who realized this ?

Excuse me if I sound too silly with my questions, english is not really my first language...

Hope to be understood. ;)

I mean are there some exercises that are very good, safe and rapid in the health/regeneration area without doing spiritual alchemy ?

no.

i met a woman who at age of 35 and after 4 kids looked 23-25.

'Spritual imagination' has been one of my most powerful influences.

There are only the limits we choose, and I feel that part of my path has been to continually expand those limits.

bbsoft0- If youre looking to re-inforce your belief, i'd suggest that anything you can possibly concieve is concpetually possible. Keep finding higher heights.

Personally, I think transmuting the sex energy is one of the most regenerative practices..

p.s I think its all 'spritiual alchemy', isnt it?..

There are professional athletes who are in excellent shape, even the "best shape of their lives".

Just look at Billy Blanks. He's still going strong, and he's at least 50 (don't remember his exact age...)

Perhaps qi gong and spiritual alchemy could help, or maybe you might be better off looking for something else. No matter what you find though, I don't think there's anything that's a "quick fix".

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have the two books you mentioned. I practiced TFT for a year and some Chi Kung exercises.

I am twenty nine years old, not forty :o , but I feel I'm not in the same shape I was when sixteen. I was wondering if this is actually possible, to look like a sixteen year old and to have a body to the same level of health and flexibility even if you got past that age.

You'll never look 16 again, but if you regularly practice, you will look younger. You may well however, accomplish the energy and ease of 16 again. Or, if you're like me, much better than 16 because you were in shit-shape at high school age.

There are old grannies all over China who can throw their foot strait up over their head, they still look like grannies though, just happy, healthy, and with fewer wrinkles. I've also heard plenty of stories from retirees who have started sprouting black hair again after years of going gray.

If you ask me, the real secret of youth comes down to one word: mobility. Joint mobility, will keep synovial fluid from stagnating. Breath mobility, deep, easy, will regulate the heart and get oxygen to all tissues. General athletic mobility pumps extra blood to the muscles and keeps the tendons relaxed. Brain mobility, learning new things, new languages, keep challenging yourself. Emotional mobility, keep yourself from stagnating, don't always just look at the bright side, get angry at the same things, etc, etc. The lists go on. Keep mobile in all aspects and age won't find a place to settle.

Most any qigong exercise will help you with breath, body, and joint mobility. Just pick one you like the most and practice. There are differences but really, the biggest differences are between people, not systems. Don't get hung up on finding the best one.

If you ask me, the real secret of youth comes down to one word: mobility. Joint mobility, will keep synovial fluid from stagnating. Breath mobility, deep, easy, will regulate the heart and get oxygen to all tissues. General athletic mobility pumps extra blood to the muscles and keeps the tendons relaxed. Brain mobility, learning new things, new languages, keep challenging yourself. Emotional mobility, keep yourself from stagnating, don't always just look at the bright side, get angry at the same things, etc, etc. The lists go on. Keep mobile in all aspects and age won't find a place to settle.

Most any qigong exercise will help you with breath, body, and joint mobility. Just pick one you like the most and practice. There are differences but really, the biggest differences are between people, not systems. Don't get hung up on finding the best one.

To me in order to retain youth, I think the goal would be flexibility and strength. Those are the things that will give you continued mobility. I totally agree..the best practice is the one that you enjoy enough to do. My goal isn't to be 16 again, it's to be the healthiest most vital person I can be now.

Edited by tealady

To me in order to retain youth, I think the goal would be flexibility and strength. Those are the things that will give you continued mobility. I totally agree..the best practice is the one that you enjoy enough to do. My goal isn't to be 16 again, it's to be the healthiest most vital person I can be now.

Yup, good goal. Martial arts are great for leg strength and flexibility. Internal martial arts will also cover the breathing, relaxing, and mental aspects of qigong. That's a great place to start. Then add body weight exercises, climbing trees, push-hands, and/or kettlebells (or sandbags if you can't get your hands on these) and you're pretty much set for a strong, healthy, energetic body. Add in sitting meditation and a proper diet and disease will never find you!

Plus it's all fun.

I was wondering if this is actually possible, to look like a sixteen year old and to have a body to the same level of health and flexibility even if you got past that age.

honorable Ms Li Chengyu from Wudangshan I saw on a picture from a Daoist young monk who met her, and in a TV documentary. She was well over 100 years old and sitting there in full lotus position - but she looked like over a 100 .....

When I visited Huashan once with my wife and my brother (that time we were all in our middle 20s), a grey-haired and -bearded old Daoist monk was getting ahead of us, running up the mountain across the zig-zag stone steps like flying.... that day my brother - a PhD Biochemist and a real critical scientist - would admit that in the future he would belive all my stories about the Daoists I met, longevity and stuff....

My collegue in Beijing had done 15 years of zhanzhuang training in the Yiquan boxing tradition. That time I was 28 and he looked like a few years older. Later on I found out he was 43 that time already. Perfect black hair, perfect body shape, skin like a child. But he also followed a daily dietary regimen of avoiding all grains. That's an old traditionally Daoist practice from the Shangqing/Lingbao sects. I contribute his looks to that combination of diet and practice.

Edited by daoseeker

Teddy,

The five tibetans staved off the onset of grey hairs in my late 20s but didn't have the firepower to ward them off in my late 30s.

Just turning back the clock is kind of a dry motivation. I'd say just live your life in a way that maximizes positive feelings and the rest will fall into place.

Having said that, I've heard that psychic facelifts from nonphysical dimensions are possible... :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

I'm pretty young but I experienced a period of time where I had really great health from certain practices. I'm talking miraculous health...the kind that would make an old man look young again. I think it changes. Sometimes you need a certain practice to put you into harmony, and then later as you change that practice will bring you out of harmony.

Great health (looking 16 when you're very old) is elusive, but some things are known to help, like exercise and eating well. I liked this:

But yeah, in my opinion it's about coming into harmony.

Teddy,

The five tibetans staved off the onset of grey hairs in my late 20s but didn't have the firepower to ward them off in my late 30s.

Just turning back the clock is kind of a dry motivation. I'd say just live your life in a way that maximizes positive feelings and the rest will fall into place.

Having said that, I've heard that psychic facelifts from nonphysical dimensions are possible... :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

Why is this post adressed to me?

Can you say with absolute certainty that the five Tibetans stopped the onset of gray hair.

I practiced them for a number of years and I became grey.

I know of two people who have done them for over fifteen years and they are gray.

not even scientists can say things with "absolute certainty", you should have just said that it doesn't work in your experience instead of trying to pass off as humble.

In society you won't live over 100 with a strong and relatively youthful appearance. Too much leakage and toxins.

You would have to follow the vow of silence forever. Remember that a lot of energy is used up while speaking.

Live in a cave/shack or become a wandering mystic in remote mountainous regions, i.e. Pamir, Altai, Kunlun, Tien Shan, Southern Alps of New Zealand...

Love to do that for a period of time.

:)

A few ideas:

- Be careful in the sun as UV and infrared can contribute to aging skin a lot - isn't that what tanning is? The downside seems to be vitamin D deficiency (especially prevalent in areas with reduced ozone coverage and to the point where supplements are suggested)

http://www.skincarephysicians.com/agingski...basicfacts.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D

- Smoking cigarette ages the crap out of skin and lungs - another reason to quit smoking while you're young is that nasty effects can be kept in check (if not reversed)

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/...928703920070319

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/14/fashion/14SKIN.html

- Sugar intake apparently has some inflammatory effects that can accelerate the path of aging

http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/modules.p...cle&sid=632

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/anti-a...entid=100171814

There's also been a lot of info online about how hypocaloried diets can increase lifespans

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/66839.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie_restriction

Not saying that practices may not effect similar, but maybe if you're practicing with longevity in mind, it could be productive to take some of this stuff into account as well.

Personally, getting older (well, a bit;-)) led me to feel the effects of whatever I do more accurately so it figured that I would try to avoid the downside ;-) Upside!

Maybe this can help you. It's a short description I answered on another post.

Immortality And Youth Techniques

We have to understand first both topics:

Aplicating Youth Technics is essentially influencing directly on our body cells, so that cell renewing happens in a "repeating process" and not in an "advancing process".

This is the first step and "stops" the aging process. The second step is to "invert" the aging process which is more complicated but as well possible.

Antiaging is no wonder, but a long lasting process. You can estimate a one year time gain aplicating during one year the rejuvenation technics, two years - two years gain and so fort.

Essentially to Influence our body cells are the following steps, without going more into details at this point:

-Body cleansing/purification with food abstinence during at least 10 days/twice a year accompanied by daily colon lavation. Detox is one important part of cell renovation.

-Controled nutrition. Eating just fresh food that adds energy to your body. This is normally fruits,vegetable,crude fish-no sugar,no milk,no wheat. Drinking water,fresh juice and tea.

-Opening the meridians with flexibility exercises, so that energy could flew.

-Chi Kung exercises to accumulate and manage external energy inside. Advanced techniques can directly manipulate the DNA. The DNA in turn makes our body cells renovating in an advanced mode so that we get older.

-Breathing with the diafragm to pump oxigen into your bloodstream.

Immortality is possible, but not physically. It could be achieved to transfer the consciousness through death into next life.

Taoist monks need a hole life doing exercises to reach this important goal.