mwight

Longmen Pai Training Information?

I was wondering if anyone here had any basic information about longmen pai, and what its training and levels entail.

I was wondering if anyone here had any basic information about longmen pai, and what its training and levels entail.

I'm working on a translation of the Ling Bao Bi Fa levels of cultivation. Not finished yet but here is the gist of it:

The main categories are broken down into Yin Xian Fa and Ling Bao Bi Fa.

Yin Xian Fa is broken into Huan Yuan, Bu Lou, and Zhu Ji.

Yin Xian Fa (引仙法) literally translates as Pulling Toward Immortality Methods.

Huan Yuan (还原) means going back to the origin. This stage involves mostly correcting the posture, collecting the mind and regulating the breath.

Bu Lou (补漏) means to fix the leaks.

Zhu Ji (筑基) means to build the foundation.

The goal of Yin Xian Fa is to Lian Shen She Qi (炼身摄气) or to practice the body and absorb and contain the Qi. Completing of this state leaves the body full of Qi, returning to the energy levels of a 14-16 year old. From this foundation the student begins the real practice of Ling Bao Bi Fa.

Ling Bao Bi Fa (灵宝毕法) is broken down into Ren Xian Fa, Di Xian Fa, and Tian Xian Fa.

Ren Xian Gong (人仙功) the Human Immortal Methods. This stage involves transforming Jing into Qi

Di Xian Gong (地仙功) the Earthly Immortal Methods. This stage involves transforming Qi into Shen.

Tian Xian Gong (天仙功) The Heavenly Immortal Methods. This stage involves returning Shen to the void.

Accomplishing the Yin Xian Fa in itself is no small feat, but it's not hard, it just requires dedication. I know it's Yin Xian Fa methods that are being taught at WLP and Shen Laoshi's seminars. I also assume David S Versedi's Foundation Training is a method of Yin Xian Fa from the sounds of it. Incidentally, the marriage of Yin and Yang that DSV wrote about accomplishing a while ago and being the first westerner to ever do it is the first step of Ren Xian Gong

Edited by 松永道
  • Like 1

I'm working on a translation of the Ling Bao Bi Fa levels of cultivation. Not finished yet but here is the

Wow, thank you for the translation, It's been a long time that i've been waiting to read "Ling Bao Bi Fa".

I decided to Google translate a section:

The first law Shouxin sit-in

Practitioners of Gong practitioners to gain the upper hand, in a quiet room, transportation, housing, sitting, lying all along been intended, sit cross-legged take-safe, natural breathing, eyes closed, repentance. Request Shouxin turn a blind eye, on top of the tongue palate, who stressed that interest rates, quiet emptiness of God, separate five fingers, palms down, on his knees. Request to do with vision, setting rhyme ears, tongue seal gas, listen to the heart rate, breathing natural harmony for the four images.

In order to the universe itself to the world as a heart and kidney, sit cross-legged mind when the request would like nothing, empty, empty million are forgotten, ignored without thinking, without listening to no consideration, no there will be no welcome, no there is no outside.

Nerd alert: Has anyone seen the new Battlestar Galactica? This reminds of how the baseship cylons hybrids talk. Jumbled and cryptic but you can just barely discern the meaning underneath. This is the first step of the first level of Yin Xian Fa by-the-way.

Edited by 松永道

Nerd alert: Has anyone seen the new Battlestar Galactica? This reminds of how the baseship cylons hybrids talk. Jumbled and cryptic but you can just barely discern the meaning underneath. This is the first step of the first level of Yin Xian Fa by-the-way.

Oh gosh! That is so true! Google is just the first evolutionary step of the hybrid! :o

Well, it will be some years before I have the necessary foundation to do a proper translation the actual Ling Bao Bi Fa text (which starts with Ren Xian Gong, the Human Immortal Methods). For now, I'm just translating the outline, from Yin Xian Fa through the Ling Bao Bi Fa, focusing on the Yin Xian Fa because that's where I and most of us here are at.

You are doing a great service to all as the Lingbao is a central text to many transmissions including Longmen of course.

If you read french there is a very early translation made by Farzeen Baldrian Hussein in 1984. I haven't touched the book in more than 20 years but as I recall, although there were a number of issue with the translation, it was altogether of great help for those unable to read the original version.

Here is the Book Review originally written by Livia Kohn

http://www.nanzan-u.ac.jp/SHUBUNKEN/public...fs/pdf/a547.pdf

I am not sure if the book is still in print thou

YM

• Like 1

You are doing a great service to all as the Lingbao is a central text to many transmissions including Longmen of course.

If you read french there is a very early translation made by Farzeen Baldrian Hussein in 1984. I haven't touched the book in more than 20 years but as I recall, although there were a number of issue with the translation, it was altogether of great help for those unable to read the original version.

Here is the Book Review originally written by Livia Kohn

http://www.nanzan-u.ac.jp/SHUBUNKEN/public...fs/pdf/a547.pdf

I am not sure if the book is still in print thou

YM

Thanks, though aside from my high-school French that came out like clogs in a pipe when I started learning Chinese, I think I'll be out of luck with the French translation. No matter, the Chinese texts I have are good, it's only my personal experience that's lacking, but one thing I took from Kohn's review is maybe that's not a bad thing. Seems the strong point of Hussein's translation, in her opinion, was the relative lack of interpretation. Why rename the Hun dragon animus, the Po tiger anima? To do so limits them to the scope of another philosophical system. I really respect Yang Jwingming's style, he prints the original text, then translates it more or less directly, then he gives his analysis. Agree or disagree with his analysis, you still have the direct translation and original text to look to.

Thanks for you support everyone, just doing what I can in service of Dao. If we all do what we can, maybe mother nature won't decide to call an end to the human experiment just yet!

Is Dr Yangs muscle Tendon change set the real deal?

ape

I don't agree with a lot of Yang's analysis. But I really respect is scholarship.

As far as his Muscle Tendon Changing Classic goes, I wouldn't know. After all you'd need to hire a little boy, little girl, woman, and man to massage and beat you every morning and evening for three years. :lol: Muscle-tendon changing isn't so mysterious though. And the Shaolin, Taiji, Bagua, etc iron bodies certainly aren't accomplished through massage, though hitting oneself (or hitting oneself against things) does seem to be common to all methods.

Sorry if it's a little bit off topic, but anyone know a good place to start learning reading and writing in Chinese?

I'm very interested to learn, but just don't know where to start.

Many thanks,

ToL

I would suggest finding someone who has training firsthand in the Dragon Gate Sect. Translating this books are good for reading but you should have someone tell you what they actually mean. Someone who can give you what the correct training would be from square one.

Tao Bless,

Wudangspirit

I would suggest finding someone who has training firsthand in the Dragon Gate Sect. Translating this books are good for reading but you should have someone tell you what they actually mean. Someone who can give you what the correct training would be from square one.

I'll clarify, I'm not translating a training manual. I'm translating basic information on the training and levels. You won't find the specific instructions on training anywhere, Chinese or English. The reason is certain experiences must be discovered first through practice. To have a goal to experience a certain phenomenon before hand can compromise the ability to distinguish real from hallucinatory. These are not visualization practices. You train a method and achieve a result. Achieve the correct result and your teacher introduces the next method. Achieve other results and keep practicing or fix your deviation. You will not know the correct result until you achieve it.

This is very important. Not because it's a some big secret but rather it's for the student's own good.

Aside from that, there is cultivation theory from the Ling Bao Bi Fa and Zhong Lu Chuan Dao Ji, which I'll hopefully have the chance to translate more of as time goes on. Don't ever believe there's no value in reading the classics first hand. Sure a knowledgeable teacher is great, but they're no substitute for an inquisitive mind.

• Like 1

I'll clarify, I'm not translating a training manual. I'm translating basic information on the training and levels. You won't find the specific instructions on training anywhere, Chinese or English. The reason is certain experiences must be discovered first through practice. To have a goal to experience a certain phenomenon before hand can compromise the ability to distinguish real from hallucinatory. These are not visualization practices. You train a method and achieve a result. Achieve the correct result and your teacher introduces the next method. Achieve other results and keep practicing or fix your deviation. You will not know the correct result until you achieve it.

This is very important. Not because it's a some big secret but rather it's for the student's own good.

I understand that part. (even more especially if you put it in this way.)

However/but, can you make it available for us (and others, i you wish) ?

I know it's a bit silly to ask on forehand, but just to let you know i'm interested. (Like i'm sure many will be.)

Thanks,

Innergy

Aside from that, there is cultivation theory from the Ling Bao Bi Fa and Zhong Lu Chuan Dao Ji,

In English or in (some kind of) Chinese?

I also assume David S Versedi's Foundation Training is a method of Yin Xian Fa from the sounds of it. Incidentally, the marriage of Yin and Yang that DSV wrote about accomplishing a while ago and being the first westerner to ever do it is the first step of Ren Xian Gong

I believe his next seminars were going to start incorporating Yin Xian Fa, but the public seminars previously did not yet have it incorporated.

Also, what are you basing the Yin Yang fusion information off of? The merging took place not with Wang Liping, but with another master of his, Jiang. I believe it was Lei Shan Dao Yin Yang Gong, and was seperate frm the path that Wang Lipings is teaching him. It could be incorrect assumption to compare them as the same thing.

Thanks,

- Rick F

Edited by RFunaki

I believe his next seminars were going to start incorporating Yin Xian Fa, but the public seminars previously did not yet have it incorporated.

Also, what are you basing the Yin Yang fusion information off of? The merging took place not with Wang Liping, but with another master of his, Jiang. I believe it was Lei Shan Dao Yin Yang Gong, and was seperate frm the path that Wang Lipings is teaching him. It could be incorrect assumption to compare them as the same thing.

Thanks,

- Rick F

The first step of Ren Xian Gong (Human Immortal Cultivation) in the Ling Bao Bi Fa is called Pipei Yin Yang. This literally translates to marrying or merging Yin and Yang. The way David (or was it his wife?) described it on their forum a while back, entering the list of immortals, etc, this seems to be where WLP's system of Ling Bao Bi Fa would place David.

Thanks,

- Rick F

If fusion ever took place in the first place.

Thanks for the clarification, 松永道 - and good luck on your translation - I'm sure it will benefit many people.

If fusion ever took place in the first place.

You don't believe so? Can you please elaborate on why?

Well didnt David lose His Power soon after the Transfer ? I remember clearly He was trying to "Zap" Students to No effect soon after.

If so this is not merging Yin & Yang but just a Temporary Transfer of Yin Chi much like The air rifle Demonstration described in the Magus Of Java.

Perhaps David Only had This Energy for a Short Time & Was really Duped into Paying a Large Fee.