Sign in to follow this  
Pranaman

use chi to power your punch

cause you might end up like this guy....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Why would an enlightened master offer 5,000$ to show off his chi projection? Wouldn't he know he'd fail? What the hell is going on?

Why did he make such a big deal out of getting hit in the face, does that seem like something a fighter would do? Why does he look so out of shape?

I personally think Chi is to back up the muscle and bone, all three intertwined to pack a punch, not replace the punch. Intention is to make the punch serious and sharp.

Please speak your mind.

Edited by Pranaman

Why would an enlightened master offer 5,000$ to show off his chi projection?

enlightened master & show off = oxymoron

edit. Actually I've come to believe empty force may actually exist, it's just not what I assumed it was.

cause you might end up like this guy....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Why would an enlightened master offer 5,000$ to show off his chi projection? Wouldn't he know he'd fail? What the hell is going on?

Why did he make such a big deal out of getting hit in the face, does that seem like something a fighter would do? Why does he look so out of shape?

I personally think Chi is to back up the muscle and bone, all three intertwined to pack a punch, not replace the punch. Intention is to make the punch serious and sharp.

Please speak your mind.

I think he offered the bet to appear legite. He "knew" that his system would work. He seriously thought that. He made a big deal about gettin hit because it's just like Xerxes in 300, he thought he was invincible. Alot of martial artists appear out of shape compared to MMA fighters, because MMA fighters train to fight for sport and living and martial artists tend to slack on physical training like running and weights etc. Chi is limitless. I believe that there are people out there that can knock you out without touching you, etc. The reason, or theory that he can KO his students with no touch is because your chi becomes synchronized with your masters chi, so in otherwords, he can knock you out because your chi recognizes and is open to his. IMO

I think he offered the bet to appear legite. He "knew" that his system would work. He seriously thought that. He made a big deal about gettin hit because it's just like Xerxes in 300, he thought he was invincible. Alot of martial artists appear out of shape compared to MMA fighters, because MMA fighters train to fight for sport and living and martial artists tend to slack on physical training like running and weights etc. Chi is limitless. I believe that there are people out there that can knock you out without touching you, etc. The reason, or theory that he can KO his students with no touch is because your chi becomes synchronized with your masters chi, so in otherwords, he can knock you out because your chi recognizes and is open to his. IMO

The higher the throne, the harder the falling.

I have felt the unbendable "steel wrapped in cotton/iron body" peng structure that qi can imbue limbs with UPON PHYSICAL CONTACT. I have no doubt in that ability, and that it would give you an IMMENSE advantage in H2H combat...

However, the effect is farrr more subtle when projected at a distance via "ling kong jing" empty force. With that, it's generally more of an influence than a physical force. There could be some who could exert it as a "hard force," but I believe they would have to be very high spiritual masters indeed. And the "sacrifices" and training needed to attain that level of ability, are probably not worth just to have that ability itself, lol.

Edited by vortex

Using my advanced, high level super cognition and mind reading through the internet skills I can tell you what all of this guys students were thinking EXACTLY at minute 2:58 . . . Refund.

Compared to other arts, there aren't a lot of people who have mastered the peng skill that vortex pointed out. The subtle body mechanics involved in tai chi, the chi gong involved in tai chi, the training... few can actually do it, and even out of those who can, there are fewer still who can apply it in combat.

So the number of people in the world who can use chi to hit without touching... far fewer than those who can actually use it while punching (to its fullest effect). The number of people who can do that willing to have a televised fight? Uh... fewer still...

So the chances that this guy could do it.... fewer still... then I watched the vid and... yup...

So the chances that this guy could do it.... fewer still... then I watched the vid and... yup...

Remember the part on Superman II when Clark gives up his powers, becomes a regular mortal, picks the fight with the guy in the diner and gets punched in the face? :huh:

"I'm bleeding! Lois...I'm BLEEDING!" :blink:

That's how that guy looked when he got punched in the face.

the man in the video was not practicing or using empty force, what he has created with his students is similar to a spider and its web. he was the spider, his students an energetic web. I've seen this happen in a couple of places.

video was pretty funny.

it's one thing to practice something for hours in a studio, and another thing entirely using those skills in fights. I knew of people who went out on saturday nights just looking to get into fights with gangs of people to test their skills...

The reason, or theory that he can KO his students with no touch is because your chi becomes synchronized with your masters chi, so in otherwords, he can knock you out because your chi recognizes and is open to his. IMO

This was what I thought too. When qigong masters want to show off their martial prowess, the usually do so with their top students, the ones who have been training with them for decades. These will also be the students who are sure that their master has the ability to knock them down without touching them. The opponent in this video, however, was at least $5000 worth of sure that he could deal with his qi. I don't mean to put it all down to suggestion, but this must make a substantial difference.

But that same kid against a master that uses both energy and physical attacks he would have a hard time.

Dr. Glenn Morris would have had that kid Screaming there is a reason some of us knew him as Dr. DEATH!

Any solid Internal/external guy would have this kid for lunch.

Poor old man in this video is a horrible fighter.

Edited by Vajrasattva

Fake vid.

Empty force in MA is a Chinese legend. I yet have to see it.

Just concentrate on working hard (drills, drills, drills!) your IMA style to develop your chi and meditate often to purify your mind.

This is the well kept secret all masters guard with so much secrecy.

There is no substitute to hard work.

Namo Amitabha.

:)

But that same kid against a master that uses both energy and physical attacks he would have a hard time.

Dr. Glenn Morris would have had that kid creaming there is a reason some of us knew him as Dr. DEATH!

The MMA guy in this video is a horrible fighter aswell. I would however put any amature mma guy against any internal so called master

empty force or no empty force this is still the truth! work hard!

adam

Fake vid.

Empty force in MA is a Chinese legend. I yet have to see it.

Just concentrate on working hard (drills, drills, drills!) your IMA style to develop your chi and meditate often to purify your mind.

This is the well kept secret all masters guard with so much secrecy.

There is no substitute to hard work.

Namo Amitabha.

:)

The MMA guy in this video is a horrible fighter aswell. I would however put any amature mma guy against any internal so called master

sorry, but I would feel bad to put any amateur against any internal so called master.

Dr. Glenn Morris would have had that kid creaming there is a reason some of us knew him as Dr. DEATH!

You knew DR DEATH??? Loved his book "Path Notes of a Ninja Master".

You knew DR DEATH??? Loved his book "Path Notes of a Ninja Master".

Knew him, Know him, he is on of my Dear Gurus & closest friends.

May he be at peace,

Santiago

enlightened master & show off = oxymoron

edit. Actually I've come to believe empty force may actually exist, it's just not what I assumed it was.

..yes? I'm listening Mal!

Knew him, Know him, he is on of my Dear Gurus & closest friends.

May he be at peace,

Santiago

:D

So how did you go with "Dr Death's Kickarse Brainscrub"?

:D

So how did you go with "Dr Death's Kickarse Brainscrub"?

That is good but nothing compared to the KAP course.

Infact he didn't put it into the KAP course. It was more of a "warm up" in his Hoshin Tao Chi Kung course.

Edited by Vajrasattva

..yes? I'm listening Mal!

Well as soon as you say empty force we all have our own pre conceived idea of what "we think" it is. Eg for me I want a Darth Vader style throat grab :D

Now in the Darth Vader style throat grab style Paul Dong's book Empty Force which describes 3 types of empty force training, interestingly named A B and C. The methods require at least 3 hours a day of training that must be done everyday for at least 3 years.

"after mastering this practice, about 6 out of every 10 people (those who are sensitive to Chi) will be affected by your empty force. Of these, about half will be knocked down (ie 3 out of 10) Those who are not knocked down will suffer a greater misfortune, because they will be injured more seriously than those sensitive to chi."

So we have a method that will knock down 3 out of 10 people and should work at best 60% of the time. Personally I think that time would be better spent on other abilities eg. put 3 years a day into any martial art and I would expect you to be knocking down 9 out of 10 people. But if anyone has 3 years and wants to find out if this is real......please let me know :)

But what I now think of as empty force is a way of describing a social psychology phenomena. eg we have all walked into a room where people were arguing and "felt" that icky I don't want to be here feeling.

That sort of empty force is talked about in Karate Do My Way of Life in the story about Matsumura and the engraver. When the engraver tried to fight "Matsumura opened his eyes wide and looked deep into the eyes of his opponent. Although Matsumura had not moved a muscle the engraver fell back, repelled by a force that felt like a bolt of lightning"

Again sounds a bit mystical but I have actually used such a technique in a fight (although not on purpose) I'm not special and anyone can do it. I had already taken the guy down with a restraint. I let him go and he had recovered and was still trying to attack us. I had run out of space and time and though. "I've had enough of this. As soon as you come in range I am attacking you" (he had already hit my dad in the head with a metal pole, lucky my dad is tough) and I just looked into his eyes, didn't think at all................ and he didn't attack. I lost concentration, started thinking and became scared. He responded to this and started closing the gap and preparing to attack. I stopped thinking, just waiting for my chance to kill him (and I really do mean kill him, it had come to that :( ) He stopped again, opened the gap, started dialogue and backed off.

Did I use "some weird hippy mystical force" ? Or did my attacker just pick up on body language signals that told him "last time this guy took me down, trying not to hurt me." "Now he WANTS to HURT me REALLY BAD" better go pick on someone else.

(Turns out he had stabbed someone that morning and it took 2 lots of capsicum spray for the police to get him down later that night. He went to jail and my Dad was fine)

Mal,

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Ellis Amdur, ( http://www.ellisamdur.com ), whom I have mentioned before on some other threads, by the nature of his work deals with psychopaths on a regular basis. He has noted how they often have very refined awareness.

An example. In his book, 'Duelling with O'sensei', Mr Amdur recounts how a boy, a serial sex offender, somehow picked up on the fact that Mr Amdur is a martial artist, (he has had full transmission in two Japanese koryu), though no hint of this was given by Mr Amdur.

The unblinking stare is very unnerving to most people. When I was 12, 13, I used to intimidate my 6 foot plus male English teacher. I had no idea of this until he brought this up with my mother at a parents meeting.

On other occasions it has stopped aggressors from continuing an attack. Friends and associates have commented on 'the stare' in the past. Mainly, I think, because I can do so without blinking for relatively long periods. Nothing amazing. I used to practice with the cat ;):lol: .

Now, in some cases, it may be intent that does it. Don't underestimate the power of intent.

I think though, on a simple non esoteric level, eye contact displays that you are not a victim, as opposed to lowering the eyes and the head. Many attackers are driven by fear, and the fact a person won't obviously 'roll over' is a big deterrent.

Best,

Mike

Sign in to follow this