Cameron

Happy Birthday Father Paul

I saw your birthday is today on the bottom of the screen.

Happy Pancakes from eternity :)

aaaw thats nice such fine memories.

happy birthday to the poet.

Lol, to live up to a stereotype...

For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow

For he's a jolly good fellow!! And so say all of us

And so say all of us, and so say all of us

:D

For he's a jolly good fellow!! And so say all of us

Here here. Thanks for posting was actually thinking about him last week....... at the time I was thinking about ghosts etc and was wondering if us remembering him actually keeps some of his "essence" "alive" in this realm.

Are there Taoist practices for remembering the dead?

I used to enjoy Father Paul's posts flavored by his biting sarcasm and humor.

Happy B Day Father and a cosmic toast to you!

Does anyone know what Father Paul passed from?

Here here. Thanks for posting was actually thinking about him last week....... at the time I was thinking about ghosts etc and was wondering if us remembering him actually keeps some of his "essence" "alive" in this realm.

Are there Taoist practices for remembering the dead?

Well Daoists were mostly chinense, and in this chinese tend to have their altars of the ancestors.

I think we should have an altar of the ancestors here in Tao Bum. A page where all the people who use to write here, and then died are remembered. With a link to all their entries, maybe the entries more important immortalized, a space for people leaving a sign, and finally a button to get a random i-ching answer. So the spirit has a way to reply.

We should suggest it to the administrators. :)

there are two practices for immortality that i learned from three different sources and traditions.

one of them involves what Father Paul did before he died: making connections with as many people as one can, and make them remember you, someway... as long as you are remembered, you will not die on the otherside.

the living pump thought energy, which is awareness, into the one that passed away.

it's only half of the practice.

the other half is that the passed away can repay the ones that feed him with glimpses of awareness of the otherside.

what you need here is a shaman, or at least a daoist sorcerer...

this practice is as old as human kind.

it's not the best, but it can do wonders, i'm told :P

I think we should have an altar of the ancestors here in Tao Bum. A page where all the people who use to write here, and then died are remembered. With a link to all their entries, maybe the entries more important immortalized, a space for people leaving a sign, and finally a button to get a random i-ching answer. So the spirit has a way to reply.

We should suggest it to the administrators. :)

I think that would be very cool. How do we annoy Sean? I was also wondering if his family knew that people were still thinking about him. I guess thats the point of memorials. I remember him and to me he was just some cool guy that wrote really great posts.

one of them involves what Father Paul did before he died: making connections with as many people as one can, and make them remember you, someway... as long as you are remembered, you will not die on the otherside.

Cheers that was pretty much what I was thinking about WRT Father Paul.

Paul died on the day of my first anniversary of my marriage to mrs. x...after 22 years of courtship.

I wished him early transcendence from the Chikhai Bardo upon that day. I know he's long since done so.

Thanks Cam.

Peace and Blessings Father Paul...

I heard the mountains rumble on that day. It was a good move on your part.

We didn't have time for tea though...If I wasn't in China! We would have had a wonderful time.

Amituofo

Lin Ai Wei