Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy Zhang

Hello All

Hey everybody, I just registered to the forums and.... well it looks really great, that's why I registered :)

I was raised Catholic, and went to Catholic school for a while, so I know a bit about where they are coming from, but I can't really say that I agree with all of their stances... as a kid though, I did lots of martial arts, and growing up I started to learn about martial art philosophy, the roots of that philosophy. I started in Karate, moved around, and recently found Tai Chi, which of course has daoist connections (not to mention legends involving, well, Zhang San Feng :D )

So now I don't really classify as this or that, I just do lots of reading, lots of discussion, lots of contemplative thought. I'm not in the game of judging something, really, and in fact there are still lots of Catholic ideals that I return to after reading something from another religion/philosophy, to see what insights I can get from new knowledge.

And, well, I'll see you guys around :)

My background is Catholic too and you'd be suprised at the similarities between Catholic mystical theology and Taoist mysticism. Welcome to da Bums.

My background is Catholic too and you'd be suprised at the similarities between Catholic mystical theology and Taoist mysticism. Welcome to da Bums.

Definitely. The more I learn, the more surprised I am about how similar lots of things can be. At first I felt some hesitation about "moving away" from certain beliefs, but the further I "moved away", the more I realized that I wasn't really moving away from anything at all :D

Welcome Sloppy Zhang, find a seat, how do you like your tea?

Simple green tea is great for me :)

Sign in to follow this