Sign in to follow this  
wudangquan

Your preference on some free audio

Which audio do you want?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one of the following

• Understanding Reality
    • The Book Of Balance And Harmony

While I'm working on my main big project, I want to do a free audio every day (because it's easier for me than writing . . . ).

I have alot available already, but I want to do one new podcast/mp3 for people to download every day for a few weeks.

Here are the choices:

Understanding Reality

or

The Book Of Balance And Harmony

Please let me know your preference, and by popular vote I will record them and set them to drip out every day until they are finished.

That will probably be at least 6 hours of audio for either one of those, and probably a lot more.

Would these be archived? I only have limited internet access, and downloading these daily would simply not be an option for me... weekly, maybe.

Either way, I look forward to listening to what you have to offer :)

Yours humbly,

James

Would these be archived? I only have limited internet access, and downloading these daily would simply not be an option for me... weekly, maybe.

Either way, I look forward to listening to what you have to offer :)

Yours humbly,

James

Yeah I'd just put them up on TaoistTraining and set the published date on each of them individually so they came out every day, and then they would be archived in the audio section . . .

It's actually super easy, but just . . . nobody is doing it so I guess I will.

There's probably 4-10 cd's worth of stuff on there right now if you want to go download it and burn it.

I think alot of people want to learn about Taoism, or alot of people want to study more deeply, but alot of people aren't oriented towards heavy reading, so I think - you know . . . Just put the audio up and video too as I have time and hopefully people get some value out of it.

Anyway I get value from making it.

Jonathan

Is one more fundamental than the other? I mean, in my own messed up logic, it would make sense that you needed to achieve balance and harmony before understanding reality :D

Is one more fundamental than the other? I mean, in my own messed up logic, it would make sense that you needed to achieve balance and harmony before understanding reality :D

I almost never "LOL" (and I try to never type LOL) but that made me chuckle a bit. haha

It's really just down to what sounds cooler, or what people have already read on and would like the audio version of, I suppose.

Here I'll give a basic break down of the modules that would be included in the different works:

[/u]Understanding Reality

1. Sixteeen verses, representing "eight ounces" of yin and "eight ounces" of yang, forming "one pound" of elixir

2. Sixty four verses modeled on the number of signs in the I Ching

3. On verse representing the great one engulfing true energy

4. Twelve verses on the moon over the West river, representing the 12 months

5. Five verses representing the five elements

The outer collection

1. Four four line verses

2. Verses on various themes

The moon on the west reiver - twelve verses

Each of these has multiple sub modules, each probably 20-45 minutes in length.

The Book Of Balance And Harmony

1. The source message of the mystic school

2. Statements

3. Secret meanings

4. Secrets of the gold pill

5 Explanation of the three fives

6. The opening of the mysterious pass

7. The gold testing stone

8. The nine grades of practices: Side tracks and auxiliary methods

9. Three vehicles of gradual method

10. The highest vehicle

11. Dialogues:: the underlying unity of Taoism, Confucianism, and Buddhism

12. Questions and answers

13. Some questions on alchemy

14. Live teachings on complete reality

15. Spoken teachings

16. Discourses

17. Explanatory Talks

18 Songs

19. Poems

20. Veiled Words

I'll also add a third possibility to the mix, but I'm not sure if I can add it to the poll or not:

Understanding Symbolic Language. This one would be more graphic, and would probably have to include some pdf files or something along with the audio.

So any of those three I can start tomorrow.

If they sound interesting, and you haven't read Preserver of Truths "Practical Taoism" wait until I drop that bomb. . .

I'm sure I will do both or all 3 eventually, but . . .

The main constraint is time. :)

I could free some up to do everything at once, but that would mean not doing other things that I . . . Want to do.

Sign in to follow this