dragonfire

Taoist Yoga

I'm wondering if anybody is practicing the methods taught in Taoist Yoga Book. If so, I would like

to discuss some things.

The first thing I would like to discuss is the eye movements. I"m confused on how the eyes should move

when circulating the chi. Should the eyes move left to right when moving the energy up the spine or should the eyes look down and up the spine to the head and then down to the dantien. I've been practicing looking down in my body and up the spine to the head and then down. I'm wondering if this is the correct method. This method was taught to me, not by the book.

The books says to look left, up, and right. It says its pretty important key to raising the spirit.

The book translated by Charles Luk?

Initially I was unable to make head or tail of it, and have yet to return with a diligent attitude - that, and a notepad :P I am sorry that I can be of no help in this instance, however I can point you in the direction of another member of this forum, drew hempel.

If my memory serves me well, he has mentioned on some occasions in the past that he has practiced some of this book.

May your practice be fruitful,

James

The book translated by Charles Luk?

Initially I was unable to make head or tail of it, and have yet to return with a diligent attitude - that, and a notepad :P I am sorry that I can be of no help in this instance, however I can point you in the direction of another member of this forum, drew hempel.

If my memory serves me well, he has mentioned on some occasions in the past that he has practiced some of this book.

May your practice be fruitful,

James

Thank you for the reply as I am disappointed by the lack of response.. i have emailed drew. I just want to add that I am farther along than I may have initially sounded. I'm not too concerned about the eye movements, as they may just be a personal technique, and not the only path. But I would like to know if it does matter in the advance stages.

I only wanted to clarify this because I noticed many different techniques regarding eye movements, suggested in different books. I've read many many different books.

Thank you for the reply as I am disappointed by the lack of response.. i have emailed drew. I just want to add that I am farther along than I may have initially sounded. I'm not too concerned about the eye movements, as they may just be a personal technique, and not the only path. But I would like to know if it does matter in the advance stages.

I only wanted to clarify this because I noticed many different techniques regarding eye movements, suggested in different books. I've read many many different books.

I sensed your disappointment which is why I gave the little guidance I could, and please know that I made no judgement as to how far along your path you are.

Your need for clarification is one with which I can identify. I have found it to be quite necessary after doing a lot of ground work and upon knowing that I have finally settled somewhat upon my own path.

Please know that very few people practice from the book, Taoist Yoga. The book has been discussed on this forum a number of times and many find it quite imcomprehensible and nowhere near as much of a how-to guide as some may've hoped.

I wish you well in your continuing cultivation. But I would beg you not to write this forum off as unhelpful. There are many cultivators here with deep insight and others with a great wealth of knowledge.

Yours, in humble adoration,

James

OK I got the email -- thanks.

The eyes -- the eyes -- what glory is beheld by the INNER EYE!

My favorite part on the eyes in Taoist Yoga is the "quick fire" method of looking at a candle. I prefer the burning fire of beauty but the results are similar. Quick fire means that the blockages in the eyes are getting cleared out, thereby causing the eyes to water.

I've used the eye movements but their main purpose is to raise the jing so it's converted to chi for storage in the lower tan tien -- in contrast to the jing being lost as generative fluid at night. The alternative means to raise the jing is the full-lotus pressure which I find to be most conducive.

Best of all, again, is to have a "candle" (quick fire) or some sort of strong electrochemical energy (like a hot female) which then sucks out the jing -- through the eyes (including the INNER EYE) thereby transducing the jing into chi via the pineal gland (or the medulla oblongata as used in Taoist Yoga).

This is mentioned around chapter 10 in Taoist Yoga -- but the book says you can only maintain your health this way and that females will only want more of it so this should not be practiced. haha.

Thanks Drew, I forgot I actually figured out the eye movements a year ago. I don't know why it kept coming up in my mind. I'll try the candle thing. I've heard of it before from Dr. Morris, but never tried it. That sounds interesting.