Sign in to follow this  
The Genuine Article

The Dhammapada

hey fellow taoist i have a question. i was online the other day looking for the dhammapada on amazon.com and i am kinda curious as to which one to purchase and i know alot of books take from it and some draw there own intrepation. So i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction

Great question, because there is a lot of difference between different translations.

The one by Ananda Maitreya, with the Thich Nhat Hanh intro is MY FAVORITE! I highly recommend that one. Plus, it can fit in your pocket. ;)

The one by Ananda Maitreya, with the Thich Nhat Hanh intro is MY FAVORITE! I highly recommend that one. Plus, it can fit in your pocket. ;)

Bought it, love it.

A big thank you Scotty :D

Yours humbly,

James

Bought it, love it.

A big thank you Scotty :D

Yours humbly,

James

Ditto!

Very nice - and the pocket version is great to carry anywhere.

Thanks!

Ditto!

Very nice - and the pocket version is great to carry anywhere.

Thanks!

Lol, I got mine sitting next to the bog :)

(bog, as in slang for toilet)

Lol, I got mine sitting next to the bog :)

(bog, as in slang for toilet)

Ohh, You mean near to the "Throne of Thought" where one goes to "Sit and Think?"<grin>

Great question, because there is a lot of difference between different translations.

Would you compare/rate it to an other version you have had the opportunity to examine?

I am of the opinion that such a series of reviews would be quite helpful to the beginner.

Sign in to follow this