Sign in to follow this  
Son Goku

A True Sign of Insanity

i have had strangers explain straight to my face, the feelings I was having, physical sensations, as well as physical sensations that occured during the original experience that caused the domino effect of negativity, and the original situation that happened to cause the feelings and sensations without me saying more than, "I have a hard time transitioning in social atmospheres". So what do you mean?

Belief and knowing are two different things.

Sometimes I just know what is going on... it always turns out to be correct.

Other times I believe I know what is going on... it usually turns out to be incorrect.

Intuition, though few here doubt it, is the way forward. Simply be.

"Insanity" is a strong word for what is simply attaching to preconceived ideas, is it not?

Yours humbly,

James

Sometimes my girlfriend knows exactly what is going on inside my head. :P -I suppose if you want to get really deep and literal, then no one can experience anothers reality, and so cannot truely 'know' what is going on inside anothers head. But speaking in real everyday terms. -Of course people can know what is going on in others head. I often have uncanny rapport with good friends of mine and we all know what each other is thinking. Have you not experienced this?

IMHO The commonest form of insanity is seeing the physical world and believing that is all there is.

I also think that believing what you see around you doesn't truly exist is also missing the mark.

and the fastest path to unhappiness is wanting others to believe the same that you do.

Michael

Now if you can all agree with that I can be happy. B)

It is said that without experiencing a status close to insanity , we can't become a Taoist immortal .

Really, Taoism views everything different from others :

All people view privileges & money the most important things in their life , Taoism views them as dust and sand.

All people insist humans can't live without breathing and eating, Taoism views it as only a low-level way of existence barely worthy of living.

All people view sex as a force for producing new life ,Taoism views it as a force leading to death.

All people insist that death is inevitable, Taoist claims that even capable of living for hundreds of years is only an accomplishment trivial.

All people are entangled by being and having , Taoism gets absolute freedom in nothingness and emptiness.

Real Taoist is an "insane "guy , one in hundred-thousands of "sane" people .

Edited by exorcist_1699

to quote my yiquan sifu,"If you want to be a master, you got to be nuts. If you don't think you're nuts, don't even think about being a master".

to quote my yiquan sifu,"If you want to be a master, you got to be nuts. If you don't think you're nuts, don't even think about being a master".

In my experience, to become a Master ( of anything really) you have to lead a very, very boring life.

Actually, so intensely boring that you actually master your life, instead of manage it.

At one stage in cultivation, you NEED to experience your insanity (which everybody has), but that's just a phase.

In the end things become very bland, very ordinary, far from outstanding. That is the highest level.

Insanity usually is closely connected to over-sensitivity.

In my experience, to become a Master ( of anything really) you have to lead a very, very boring life.

What most people deal with in daily life are things full of colors, forms, sounds , sensations and pleasures, so they , in most of time, do not feel boring in their life. However, consuming these not boring things usually leads to loss of our jing and shen , which in the end push us into a dead end . A specific Taoist saying is that Nature " steal" qi from us secretly , which is similar to condemning us to a slow death penalty ; it also gives people an impression that death is inevitable . I think, to most of the people , it really is if they are not fortunate enough to come across Taoist great theory of qi in their lifetime.

Taoism deals with nothingness , which seems to be having no characteristics at all , so it is boring . Nourishing the most interesting , fantastic things out of such very boring status is an inescapable challenge we have to face if we are eager to run away from our destiny ...

Edited by exorcist_1699

I'm not sure I want to get into this, especially when you young guys start spouting the gobbldygook...

In internal martial arts training as well as meditation, you learn to pick up and understand the energy a person is constantly sending out. You have a field about 4 to 8 feet surrounding you of body heat, saliva exhaled when you breathe, emotions, and thoughts that constantly broadcast. By developing the peripheral nervous system you can easily interact with this field.

Using peripheral vision you can see a person's aura. Using the dan tien you can understand a person's emotions. Using your pineal gland, or third eye, you can determine spirit. There's no magic involved, just skill and practice.

Development comes through practice of moving meditation like tai chi and both standing and sitting forms.

mastering anything is, to me, is the opposite of boring. It's exciting to me when I notice exercise hurting less, and my mind calming down. But it might be because I used to eat LSD and mushrooms all the time, but hallucinating got boring too. Life was definitely not calm but naturally ill and boring to the spirit in its meaningless ride of highs and lows, so the arts is where the thrill of life is for me.

First of all thank you all, for such sincere thoughts on the topic.

I see there are many enlightened friends posting at this website.

Any reading into another human through any technique is still, even for a great master, just an interpretation of info being filtered through the observer. If the person being observed verbally agrees that the observer is accurately reading them, then I might retract my previous statement.

A man is bleeding to death; He states that the chocolate coming out of his skin is to feed the squirrels and that he isn't bleeding or dying. This claim is NOT less correct or accurate then the statement later written on the coroners report. Understand this and it then becomes possible to see how the greatest master of masters cannot KNOW what is going on in another. The most accurate observation of another is in reality only a refined kind of COMMUNICATION. Only oneself KNOWS what's going on inside them. This is the other side of the coin of "the great oneness" or Emptiness. It is most honest to understand this; to know that while our individuality is an illusion, so is our ultimate oneness; that all we can do is sincerely communicate and know OURSELVES totally.

Living in accordance with Dao is not entertaining.

But, 'not entertaining' is not boring. Boredom is a dull, craving mind. It's the hangover you get from too much entertainment.

Living in accordance with Dao is not entertaining.

But, 'not entertaining' is not boring. Boredom is a dull, craving mind. It's the hangover you get from too much entertainment.

Welcome to America.

Through my experience... I wouldn't necessarily agree with the original post.

As others have pointed out: I too have experienced situations in which someone knew exactly how I was feeling. There are situations in which I myself can tell something about someone or a situation.

Now what explains this? Is it just experience? The time honored tales that every youth goes through, and that every elder person remembers? Is it an intuitive understanding of something bigger that you can see its appearance in the world around you?

The answers and explanations may range from the very simple, to the very complex, from the very worldly, to the very spiritual. Some answers I have found for the time being, for others I am still searching. This specific topic is... well a large part of it falls into the "still seeking" category :D

However, how do you define insanity?

I mean really?

Just for fun, haven't you seen those movies in which one character goes back in time, to try and stop a major disaster, but everybody else locks him up because he is insane? He knows what will happen, yet HE is the one that "can't discern reality from his delusional fantasies". (the movie I'm thinking about is the 12 Monkeys)

Take it to real life: how can any one of us judge someone else as insane? How can we deem what someone else does as insane?

Another line from the 12 Monkeys, someone said something to the effect of: "In the middle ages scientists would ridicule you if you went around saying you 'believed' in germs. They called you crazy. Now if you tell someone that you don't believe in germs, you're called crazy!"

Barring obvious scientific breakthroughs and discoveries, there's a very scary truth to that: the definition of what constitutes "insanity" is, by its very definition, very, very feeble anyway :)

cool Sloppy Z.

Hey, I think I should add something important that I neglected to say before-

I've experianced people speaking directly into each others minds. And I trust there are masters that can see through bodys like x-ray vision, for maybe something like doing acupunture.

Soooo I am aware of these things guys. Just because someone can read your mind and see through your body imho does not make them know whats going on inside you. The mind and energy system of the individual is a unique code that only the individual can fully descipher, otherwise we could got exist as individuals.

But yea, you guys are right at the H I G H E S T point,,, it should be possible. So I retract my statement (the title of this topic)

Edited by Son Goku

But yea, you guys are right at the H I G H E S T point,,, it should be possible. So I retract my statement (the title of this topic)

You are weak Goku. A little pressure from the masses and you cave.

Sign in to follow this