Li Jiong

How can we survive the coming disasters?

The planet comes into instability period now, before the crucial disasters come, a series of misfortunes will come one by one, how can we survive the coming disasters ?

Edited by Li Jiong

The planet comes into instability period now, before the crucial disasters come, a series of misfortunes will come one by one, how can we survive form the coming disasters ?

The same way we did the last time and the time before that.

Guest artform

The same way we did the last time and the time before that.

mYTHmAKER, I really wonder if that can/will be the case...

Our science is now advancing as a global enterprise, rapidly probing the levels of being ever deeper. Will our understanding and re-imagining of our being, based upon these further truths/modelings converge into the re/fresh/ed maps and skills required to best "survive from the coming disasters"?

Or are these challenging opportunities of forced changes?

artform

Edited by artform

Maybe we are already dead and just think we are alive?

Death is not a bad thing - meet it with a smile on your face and maybe it will be too horrified of you and go away.

As for disasters, are you talking about a possibility of an inexperienced woman or a racist black man becoming the president? :)

mYTHmAKER, I really wonder if that can/will be the case...

Our science is now advancing as a global enterprise, rapidly probing the levels of being ever deeper. Will our understanding and re-imagining of our being, based upon these further truths/modelings converge into the re/fresh/ed maps and skills required to best "survive from the coming disasters"?

artform

There were many civilizations before ours - many with greater knowledge.

They are gone BUT the cycle began again and here we are.

We cannot be here forever. It is the nature of the game.

So be here now - be present and don't let your ego think we can save the world.

Everything is cyclical. There are no exceptions and there never will be.

Yes, it is impossible to save the entire world, it is impossible to save all people. But in every cycle, some people survived, and they continued the humanity. Why these individuals could survive? It is not by chance.

Guest artform

Thanks. That is a reasonable historical/philosophical perspective up to a point, but our science intimately implicates us and our consciousness in the basic fabric of spacetime. Is it reasonable or responsible, or/not egocentric, to detach and observe? Or are we entirely implicated in the event dynamics by our being here now?

BTW, I quite like your signature. More than forty years ago I was meditating and writing poetry about being in time and some of them were also on the beach, along Amlodi's quern.

artform

Edited by artform

Yes, it is impossible to save the entire world, it is impossible to save all people. But in every cycle, some people survived, and they continued the humanity. Why these individuals could survive? It is not by chance.

perhaps karma, luck, went to church on sunday or they did your meditation and tapped into the matrix.

i am not sufficiently enlightened to say.

perhaps karma, luck, went to church on sunday or they did your meditation and tapped into the matrix.

i am not sufficiently enlightened to say.

:) It was good to see you, brother. I like your signature as well.

Wonder how hard are we going to scream seeing a 1,000 foot tsunami blocking the sun before it hits Manhattan... lol

:) It was good to see you, brother. I like your signature as well.

Wonder how hard are we going to scream seeing a 1,000 foot tsunami blocking the sun before it hits Manhattan... lol

I jut bought a row boat. It's steadier than a canoe:lol:

care to elaborate?

I actually just finished typing a warning to some friends that I will share here because you asked Mantis.....

The US fianancial system. A word of caution brothers.

This is very far removed from cultivation, but have you guys been reading the headlines about the major US banks collapsing? Economics was sort of a hobby of mine for years, and I've got to tell you guys this is very serious, and may lead to a complete collapse of the US and even global economic system. These hedge funds and banks take the same dollar and invest it hundreds of times over in financial instruments called derivatives. It can potentially make huge returns for them, but when the investments turn against them they can implode as we are witnessing. All of of these greedy behemoths are so intermingled that if one collapses, they will take down the rest in their wake.

This is exactly what has begun to happen. The 2 massive US mortgage firms Freddie Mac and f*n*y Mae have been taken over/bailed out by the US government. These 2 companies alone guarantee 5 TRILLION in mortgage loans (mostly bad ones that will never be paid back). Bear Stearns collapsed and was bailed out with 25 billion by the US government. Merill Lynch was collapsing and got bought out/bailed out by bank of America for 50 billion. Lehman brothers collapsed in the biggest bankruptcy in history. The latest was AIG which the US government bailed out by giving them an 85 billion dollar loan. The government is also planning to bailout the US auto industry with another 25 billion.

Guys I can't tell you how serious this is. Longterm seeing the entities collapse is good, but short term we may very well be heading for another Great Depression. Yes it can happen again.

What can one do? Not much, but take precautions. If you or your loved ones have funds in the stock market, take them out or move them into something very low risk. Best thing is to buy is tangibles such as gold and silver etc... I would also advise stalking up your cupboards a bit with non perishable food in case things get nasty (beans, rice etc...). Worst case scenario nothing I see coming happens and you are stuck eating them. Also consider buying some multi vitamins as supplements.

Namo Guan Shih Yin Pusa!

Take it or leave it friends, but I don't see a happy ending to this...

Guest artform

Death is not a bad thing - meet it with a smile on your face and maybe it will be too horrified of you and go away.

As for disasters, are you talking about a possibility of an inexperienced woman or a racist black man becoming the president? :)

Hi Smile

Two response offerings to this quote and your later "...1,000 foot Tsunami to Manhattan..." post:

1. On death: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=77446

2. A repeat of thoughts from the parallel thread tonight on Attacment [sic] and Beliefs http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?act=ST...t=0#entry78835:

<<<Questioning is science and other modes of enquiry, isn't it? That is certainly very much alive currently. Until recently physics thought it was approaching a Grand Unified Theory of everything, until the recent realization that our physics describes about 4% of "reality" or "universe" and the rest is Dark Matter and Dark Energy, about which we can currently only speculate...

Rather like Wall Street... but I digress...

Our consciousness, our *believing*, is directly part of the quantum operations of all being in some way, not that we need to get on an ego trip in any way about that... If we are part of the universe/multiverse achieving some periodic form of self-consciousness, how does this reframe your question Steve?

all the best

artform>>>

So,

3. What role to our Attachments and Beliefs play in our ability to "survive" in these times and events shaped by our fellow sentient actors and nature's whims or responses to our collective actions?

4. Oolong Rabbit, this was generated before I saw you post above. No disrespect is implied toward your practical analysis and very real concern above. Will we be able to come to our senses there too?

all the best to all

artform

Edited by artform

The planet comes into instability period now, before the crucial disasters come, a series of misfortunes will come one by one, how can we survive form the coming disasters ?

Family & friends, plenty of canned goods, and plenty of ammunition. :D And remember that nothing lasts forever. (Though you may not live to see it get better.)

I actually just finished typing a warning to some friends that I will share here because you asked Mantis.....

The US fianancial system. A word of caution brothers.

This is very far removed from cultivation, but have you guys been reading the headlines about the major US banks collapsing? Economics was sort of a hobby of mine for years, and I've got to tell you guys this is very serious, and may lead to a complete collapse of the US and even global economic system. These hedge funds and banks take the same dollar and invest it hundreds of times over in financial instruments called derivatives. It can potentially make huge returns for them, but when the investments turn against them they can implode as we are witnessing. All of of these greedy behemoths are so intermingled that if one collapses, they will take down the rest in their wake.

This is exactly what has begun to happen. The 2 massive US mortgage firms Freddie Mac and f*n*y Mae have been taken over/bailed out by the US government. These 2 companies alone guarantee 5 TRILLION in mortgage loans (mostly bad ones that will never be paid back). Bear Stearns collapsed and was bailed out with 25 billion by the US government. Merill Lynch was collapsing and got bought out/bailed out by bank of America for 50 billion. Lehman brothers collapsed in the biggest bankruptcy in history. The latest was AIG which the US government bailed out by giving them an 85 billion dollar loan. The government is also planning to bailout the US auto industry with another 25 billion.

Guys I can't tell you how serious this is. Longterm seeing the entities collapse is good, but short term we may very well be heading for another Great Depression. Yes it can happen again.

What can one do? Not much, but take precautions. If you or your loved ones have funds in the stock market, take them out or move them into something very low risk. Best thing is to buy is tangibles such as gold and silver etc... I would also advise stalking up your cupboards a bit with non perishable food in case things get nasty (beans, rice etc...). Worst case scenario nothing I see coming happens and you are stuck eating them. Also consider buying some multi vitamins as supplements.

Namo Guan Shih Yin Pusa!

Take it or leave it friends, but I don't see a happy ending to this...

Yes, this is just a misfortune before the crucial disasters come. And more and more misfortunes will come.

Guest artform

With this kind of active rapid responses with several participants present simultaneously, do you/we (I'm a newbie here) ever switch over to the Live Chat and teleconverse?

artform

I'll be running toward the wave screaming: "Finally! I won't have to wake up at 6am, take a cold shower and meditate till I have to go to work with my insane boss."

Hi Smile

Two response offerings to this quote....

artform

Thank you for sharing, Artform

now we are getting somewhere, try to make a sea faring survival vessel and take to the deep ocean to escape the NWO bio-weapons and madness, but even then Gog and Magog will drink the seas and you'll have the distance advantage. or go to a remote wilderness/(kunlun)mountains and shelter and/or bunker yourself and pray.... ....or use wizardry/nirvana to travel what ever other-dimensional existence/heaven available.

Edited by Desert Eagle

This thought seems Buddhist trend, Taoists think life is precious.