Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Rmax vs. Dragondoor

It seems these two camps have my attention these days, as I would like to get very fit and be able to help people do the same--perhaps even training "elite special ops" as Pavel does and the other martial arts masters who I intend to keep an eye on. Now my question is whats the difference between these two organizations and what are your prefernces or observations comparing and contrasting their appoaches? Much love.

P.s. On the back of the warrior wellness dvd, it says "usa national coach, master of sport and multiple time international martial arts hall of fame inductee" although I dont doubt it I am just wondering who are the other coaches? masters of sport? and intl hall of fame inductees? I tried to find em on google but no luck!

They each have unique stuff that isn't found in the other. Not really a situation where one is better than the other so much as your personal preference . Personally, I like both but have spent more time on Dragondoor stuff.

But Sonnons stuff looks interesting and it has been one of those things I have had on the backburner to check out for a long time .I think one of the reasons I didn't go all out on Sonnon's excercises is because he was critical of Body weight excercises like the Bridge(nose to mat version). But in reality, bridging is as much a part of the training of Hindu wrestlers as Club work.

I would just buy some of the material or spend some time on the discussions formums(they both have thriving boards) and see which resonates.

Or maybe do what alot of people do..mix both.

Just found this quote:

"Most of the sports conditioning information out there is nothing but the same rehashed stuff. I dare you to find Scott Sonnon's unique material in another source! Sonnon is without doubt one of the top conditioning coaches in the US, the thinking man's coach." - Pavel Tsatsouline fitness guru, former USSR Special Forces SPETSNAZ PT Instructor

But Sonnons stuff looks interesting and it has been one of those things I have had on the backburner to check out for a long time .I think one of the reasons I didn't go all out on Sonnon's excercises is because he was critical of Body weight excercises like the Bridge(nose to mat version). But in reality, bridging is as much a part of the training of Hindu wrestlers as Club work.

5556[/snapback]

which reminds me of a post to this that I cant find anymore.

http://thephysicalbody.com/

Ive been wanting to ask the one who has it how good it is and if he really recomends it.....

it looks really good from the trailer....

It is the best work of it's kind and highly recommended. Especially if your interested in this kind of thing to begin with.

It is the best work of it's kind and highly recommended. Especially if your interested in this kind of thing to begin with.

5694[/snapback]

are you talking to me?

if you are.... that trailer is fuken sick! I bust up watching it because they are moving with the music.

but hows the exercise part they mention in the review?

It's not an instructional course..it shows the actual practice sessions of indian wrestlers. Not a how-to but a what they do. Sort of liekw atching professional fighters train..most of it your not going to do but it's cool to watch.

Sign in to follow this