Sign in to follow this  
sunshine

question regarding spontaneous qigong

I know that some of you think spontaneous QiGong to be beneficial.

How many of you experience it throughout the day while not training?

It currently "happens to me" on a continuous basis. It is really like a major workout. My wrists rotate on their own, my shoulders start doing the same in many different ways and only when I VERY MUCH concentrate it tends to stop. It's feels somehow similar to Chorea... and sometimes is even pretty exhausting: all that rotation, contracting and releasing...

so. You consider it beneficial or something to worry about?

Harry

besides. It happens during practice as well. It is hardly possible to do standing meditation for a certain time without those spontaneous circulating movements taking a life on their own! Anybody think some kind of entity has taken power over my body? In case yes: how to get rid of it?

Harry

besides. It happens during practice as well. It is hardly possible to do standing meditation for a certain time without those spontaneous circulating movements taking a life on their own! Anybody think some kind of entity has taken power over my body? In case yes: how to get rid of it?

Harry

5403[/snapback]

I do it all day too.... though if it intruded on my practice and i couldnt control it i would think it odd or funny and just laugh at how odd i am.....

maybe its just a phase or/and somthing you really need to work on and experience so the old body kicks in.

whats with this demonic vampire stuff any way?

I dont think thats a vad ting at all. As long as you remain relaxed with deep breathing and open 7th chakra, your all good for the movement.

Don't know if I have an open 7th Chakra :rolleyes:

The vampire thing well: if you look over at the www.healingtaousa.com page you will find that they even thought of the possibility that the recent death of a longtime HT practitioner Ron Diana might have been due to a certain kind of entity that possibly locked to his body...

as I was into Falun Gong a little I was told that the shaking is due to my "old stuff" and not meant to happen in the Falun Gong practice. And they said that some "bad" entities tend to atack to you to make use of your cultivation energy... while they rise you are left without anything at all...

Then if you read about channelled beings...

well. I think you get the picture

Harry

so. You consider it beneficial or something to worry about?

5402[/snapback]

Generally beneficial, imo.

If it gets to be too much, cut back on your practices for a little while.

During formal practice (at least over the course of your week or so), its important to work out your whole body, at various levels, pretty thoroughly - which will gradually diminish the expressions being of kinks. Its all of it, though: Grace, kinks, and just good fun. :)

Also, eat healthy.

Hello..I'm new here. Just wanted to add an observation. When the body releases tension, it does so naturally in a spiral movement (as long as it is not interfered with). Most bodyworkers who work with fascia know this. In taiji, when energy is stored and released, it happens in spirals. If your movement is in straight lines or 2 dimensional (as in many contrived qigong forms and many people's taiji practice) then there is tension somewhere holding a joint in place.

IMO, you perhaps are just getting good at releasing tension as it tends to build up during the day.

Thad

generally a useful release, provided you don't encourage it or get involved in it, but rather just continue being with whatever you were doing.

can often take the form of moves you used to practice or admire in others. anything that got into you once....

i got a friend who spins like a top and talks in tongues - highly entertaining.

i just get a spine twitch, sometimes in meditation, sometimes for no obvious cause, making me seem a bit of a freak.

What I like to do is learn or practice a new qi gong/s for a few days. Then, after a few days I will do a lot of spontaneous qi gong one day, choosing my favorite moves and simply doing them. The more I learn of people's qi gong, the more my spontanious (personal) practice becomes advanced and powerful...brings together yoga, tai chi meditation and all.

Its important to understand the theory behind the forms, thats what really matters.

Sign in to follow this