sunshine

isvatns's squirrel & other animals

I have just read Isvatn's squirrel experience and I wonder what you girls & guys think about animals coming close during practice. Are they maybe demons trying to rob some of your cultivation energy?

I have started practicing QiGong outside in the backyard. While there is the possibility that many people living here pass it is usually quite quiet to do so... but there is this cat. CAESAR. The last times I practiced he came by sat or lied down close to me and seemed to watch what's going on. I have yet to find a way not to feel it to be too distracting...

(by the way Isvatn: I ordered the book you mentioned. I am familar with Energy tapping but I still wonder if the circulating thoughts about a person are something to be careful about or meant to show you you have to get some more experience with that person. And Yoda. It's pretty interesting that you advocate fantasizing... for someone whose occupation is sex & drug's and Rock 'n roll :D )

looking forward to your replies

Harry

I have started practicing QiGong outside in the backyard. While there is the possibility that many people living here pass it is usually quite quiet to do so... but there is this cat. CAESAR. The last times I practiced he came by sat or lied down close to me and seemed to watch what's going on. I have yet to find a way not to feel it to be too distracting...

This could be a case of CAESAR acting like a cat. Most of the cats I have known and loved are major energy junkies. They will find a flow of attention or energy and place themselves near it or in the middle of it.

That's why a cat will plop down on top of the newspaper I am reading. It's why a cat will quietly place themselves on a line between two people who are in the middle of a pleasant conversation that has some juice to it. They pick up on energy and go over to "warm themselves by the fire."

Or, they are the spawn of Satan trying to steal my soul and I just haven't figured that part of it out yet.

Of those two models I like mine better.

All the best,

Charlie

I have just read Isvatn's squirrel experience and I wonder what you girls & guys think about animals coming close during practice. Are they maybe demons trying to rob some of your cultivation energy?

(by the way Isvatn: I ordered the book you mentioned. I am familar with Energy tapping but I still wonder if the circulating thoughts about a person are something to be careful about or meant to show you you have to get some more experience with that person. And Yoda. It's pretty interesting that you advocate fantasizing... for someone whose occupation is sex & drug's and Rock 'n roll  :D )

looking forward to your replies

Harry

5398[/snapback]

I agree that animals like e.g. my squirrel can be extremely distracting. That's probably the main problem with animals during cultivation. I remember an advice of a teacher that one should not practice with pets in the the same room. One reason for that may be distraction the other reason may be due to different energy patterns. But practicing in nature implies also animals which are usually much better companions than most humans. Most humans who see someone practicing Chi Kung are quite annoying whether being just curious or just finding it very funny. That can even be more distracting than some animal(s) around you. Whether the closeness of animals is positive or negative? I really have no clue.

My personal experience with circulating thoughts about someone or something have always been negative. As soon as I want to get involved in a situation (aim, wish) or relationships to strongly things seem to deteriorate, but as soon as I step back and could also also live without that wish being fulfilled things seem to develop much better (that doesn't always mean that one is happier if the wish really comes true). Still missing the right balance between action and non-action. I hope you share some insights of energy psychology when having read the book.

Well, that's probably the reason why I'm drawn to taoist practices. Balancing the energy seems to be the key independent of the development your personal destiny.

There's usually a random spectator or two (human or animal) when I do CC or weapon focus in the park near my home. It's a great concentration-strengthener for me. I like the added challenge and most times I can completely keep my attention focused inward and around myself.

But those other times....errrrr......I get a little peeved and go back home...

-M

****I also prefer animal over human observers. At least they can be quiet about it most times.

FUnny you mention that...

Last night I was at a party at my buddys house, waiting outside for him to get this chick to come smoke weed, I found myself alone for a minute. So I put my hands in the air and bring down some heaven chi. All of a sudden, right as the heaven chi comes down, a big ass dog runs up to me from out of nowhere (bahind trees/bushes in the neihbors yard) and licks me.

Whats funny is this dog couldnt see or hear me, he must have felt the positive energy come down into me and then came running. I then tried to channel energy through my lao gong into his crown and he put his face up to the universe and looked at the stars. It was pretty cool. But yeah,h e did distract me from my cultivation a little bit. At first he added energy. But when I started getting distracted by him he left and layed down further from me, as if to allow me to get back to what I was doing. Okay i just put waaay too much thought into this.

Welcome to Taobums DaoWaDiddy, gotta love the Grateful Dead. Ever heard Grateful Dawg?

Welcome to Taobums DaoWaDiddy, gotta love the Grateful Dead. Ever heard Grateful Dawg?

I think I've seen a CD around but haven't really heard their stuff. How do they compare with the original?

And thanks for the welcome - I've been lurking around for a while and keep finding myself drawn to more participation. Up until now I've managed to resist that draw, however.

All the best,

Charlie

There's usually a random spectator or two (human or animal) when I do CC or weapon focus in the park near my home.  It's a great concentration-strengthener for me. I like the added challenge and most times I can completely keep my attention focused inward and around myself.

But those other times....errrrr......I get a little peeved and go back home...

-M

****I also prefer animal over human observers. At least they can be quiet about it most times.

5409[/snapback]

if i listen closely the ravens offer up hackeling criticizms which are really tips on what to improve.

I think the closer nature is, the more likely are contacts with wild animals - independent of your practice.

A park here in Stockholm or the nature in Scandinavia is something different compared with e.g. the woods or a park somewhere in Germany. It's much wilder here hence you can find much more wild animals! Wild animals or even pets seem to be much more sensitive to energy than we civilized humans. That would explain the experience with animals during practice (like again today). It doesn't seem too exceptional when dealing with energy practices. I think to remember a rune yogi who states something similar somewhere on his homepage. I think it is somewhere in the description of the Fuþark.

My Tai Chi Chuan teacher once told me a story about a butterfly which appeared during practice and sat down on his wrist. It stayed there until the end of the form (probably a form of glueing or adherent chi).

I know of tiny fish around when swimming in a lake or the beaver or even moose passing by ...

The notion of demons reminds me of a film (tried to find it in a film database, but didn't succeed). It was about a precious alchemy book. Everyone who possessed it was killed. A detective or reporter, I don't remember, tried to solve the mystery. He is often monitored by animals (Lucifer) in the film. He finally solves the mystery with the help of Lucifer (this time in form of a beautiful woman he is having sex with) and is granted immortality. The film played with the typical negative stereotypes most people have of western alchemy (hell, Lucifer, evil people, ... ), but when knowing a little bit of alchemy it all made perfectly sense and thus is a quite interesting film.

I think I saw that film recently. There is this big tower burning right at the end, right? after or in between him and "her" having this HOT night under the stars...

You mean the movie starring Johnny Depp right?

hmmm.....

They were BOTH totally hot characters.

Strange movie...but ya gotta love those ones that let you recognize the dozens of aspects that it implies (alchemy, magick, theoretical evidence, historical discoveries, practice, religion, etc). It had alot of symbolism and stereotypical clues to drive you to the final conclusion.

Keit Belgiis

Long days, pleasant nights

-M

You're both right. The title is: The Ninth Gate (Thriller, F/E/USA 1999). Book hunter Dean Corso (Johnny Depp) gets the assignment to find a mysterious book which contains the key to Lucifer's realm.

The film ends with a burning tower or ruin. Very cool film! B)