Stigweard

Six Steps in Becoming Tao

"The process of spiritual attainment proceeds through six phases or levels, beginning with personality refinement and conscious refinement and culminating in becoming Tao.

Step One: Chi refinement and Natural Meditation as the cultivation of chi.

Step Two: Teh Tao: Receiving or discovering the path and learning the Tao.

Step Three: Wu Tao: Enlightened by Tao.

Step Four: Ming Tao: Lucidified with Tao.

Step Five: Teh Tao: Gaining Tao, and Tao also gains you. You live beyond your personal cares.

Step Six: Chen Tao: Attaining Tao. Your physical presence gradually merges with the invisible reality of Tao, but you are still able to respond, if you choose, and appear in form. You have achieved spiritual immortality, not physical immortality in the ordinary sense of a life that needs to eat, sleep, and pay taxes."

P65, Ni, Hua Ching, "Enrich Your Life With Virtue", Seven Star Communications, CA 1999

Blessings

Edit: Spelling correction.

Edited by Stigweard

Guest artform

Thanks Stig.

This is helpful. Has anyone comprehensively mapped (diagrammed/listed) the range and categories/relationships of various lineages/practices/emphases as Tao has been evolving, particularly in the West over the last century?

Has anyone comprehensively mapped (diagrammed/listed) the range and categories/relationships of various lineages/practices/emphases as Tao has been evolving, particularly in the West over the last century?

There is this:

"The teaching of Tao originated in prehistoric times. For many generations people searched out methods by which to develop themselves. These methods are numerous and some have even been formalized as different schools which emphasize one or two things and make other aspects secondary to one's personal cultivation. Here I would like to give you some idea of the many effective methods which are practiced among achieved ones.

~ Nei Tan, Internal Medicine, which can support a person's spiritual future through refinement of the physical, mental and spiritual essence,

~ Tai Shi, Internal Breathing, which is higher than external breathing, although both are usually practiced together,

~ Tao Yin, Energy Channelling, for purposes of health and spiritual benefit,

~ Chun Shih, Visualization or concentration,

~ Fu Erh, External Nutrition, using natural herbs and other things,

~ Shing Jeau, Walking, for gathering and refining energy,

~ Fuh Chi, Internal Energy Maintenance,

~ Bei Gu, to stop eating food completely (especially helpful to those who are cultivating spiritually so that they can stop looking for and preparing food for themselves - eventually they combine their life with the environment),

~ Fu Chi, Intaking Natural Energy through breathing and swallowing, which should be practiced with Bei Gu,

~ Fang Jung, Sexual Cultivation,

~ Fu Jyeo, Secret Talismanic Characters, Words and also Invocations,

~ Jing Tan, Golden Elixir,

~ Shr Jeah, Method of Exuviation into a New Life."

p3, Ni Hua Ching, "Workbook for Spiritual Development of All People", Seven Star Communication, CA, 2005

Guest artform

There is this:

"The teaching of Tao originated in prehistoric times. For many generations people searched out methods by which to develop themselves. These methods are numerous and some have even been formalized as different schools which emphasize one or two things and make other aspects secondary to one's personal cultivation. Here I would like to give you some idea of the many effective methods which are practiced among achieved ones.

~ Nei Tan, Internal Medicine, which can support a person's spiritual future through refinement of the physical, mental and spiritual essence,

~ Tai Shi, Internal Breathing, which is higher than external breathing, although both are usually practiced together,

~ Tao Yin, Energy Channelling, for purposes of health and spiritual benefit,

~ Chun Shih, Visualization or concentration,

~ Fu Erh, External Nutrition, using natural herbs and other things,

~ Shing Jeau, Walking, for gathering and refining energy,

~ Fuh Chi, Internal Energy Maintenance,

~ Bei Gu, to stop eating food completely (especially helpful to those who are cultivating spiritually so that they can stop looking for and preparing food for themselves - eventually they combine their life with the environment),

~ Fu Chi, Intaking Natural Energy through breathing and swallowing, which should be practiced with Bei Gu,

p3, Ni Hua Ching, "Workbook for Spiritual Development of All People", Seven Star Communication, CA, 2005

Much appreciated; both this reference and the books themselves. Thanks again.

artform

Great list! Thank you... Is there any way to make the explanations a little longer?

:lol: Yes it is possible, which ones interest you the most?

Thank you Stigweard VERY MUCH appreciated!

Maybe you would be able to expand on these four topics for me. Especially the Fang Jung - sexual cultivation.

Thank you Stigweard VERY MUCH appreciated!

Maybe you would be able to expand on these four topics for me. Especially the Fang Jung - sexual cultivation.

Intresting thread thanx ! Also curieus for what is said on the 4 subjects by Ni Hua Ching as quoted by whitetiger.

Regards, Mike

Maybe let me introduce our lineage's first few stages of learning taoism, just to share!

1. building linkage to taoism - 結緣 (Git Yuen) this is to get a touch with taoism, like looking at taoism things, website, or even contact me etc,.

2. Request for Enrollment to the lineage - 入門 (yap moon) this is to enroll as a "stage1" student of the lineage of Chi in Nature (NG YIN DO PAI 悟然道派) by requesting for enrollment.

3. Successfully Enrolled as stage1 student (Moon Sung) 成為門生 - this means I have finished with the ceremony at the temple to enroll you as the student (stage1) of chi in nature's lineage. Which gave you the taoism energy (FAAT) and the attunement etc,. We also report to the heaven saying that you have been registered into the lineage, but you do not belong to "Taoism" the religion yet.

*That is why this stage1 is religious free.

4. Cultivating Stage1 - 修練 (Sau Lin) - This stage is to cultivate and learn the materials taught in stage1, which also include the lineage poem, and one internal alchemy foundation practise which build up the foundation energy of FAAT (taoism energy) and strengthen your linkage to the lineage. In this stage, you also gain 24/7 blessings and protection from the lineage and the deities of the lineage.

5. Requesting for Tao - 求道 Kau Dao - This stage is to request for the stage2 which allow us to ordained you into the religion of taoism, giving you a taoist name under the lineage's poem, more energy transfer, passing on basic mudras, report to heaven that you are stage2 student (taoist) of the lineage of Chi in Nature and which gave you more energy access, and blessings of 24/7 from the 36000+ deities of taoism. you will also learn a new internal alchemy practise in this stage. But in this stage,you have to give up beef !

Now you successfully became a taoist from a newbie!

that is the very basic stages to learn taoism or become a taoist in the lineage of Chi in Nature.

I now understand what your referring to when you say Fang Zhong (Sexual Cultivation). At least as it applies to NeiDan a.k.a. Nei Tan

Fortunately through all you wrote I got exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much need Stigweard. I now no longer look up to Master Ni Hua Ching, I have deep earned respect for him.

Edited by WhiteTiger

:lol: Yes it is possible, which ones interest you the most?

I would say all of them!:) haha. I am quite new so, learning as much as I can.:) Going to start putting it to practice, however.