Cameron

Best over all practices

What do you guys feel are the over all best practices you have learned? Like the top 5 or top 3 list of the best of the best? The practices that have the most benefits, are most enjoyable or perhaps not that enjoyable but just very productive.

For instance, Michael Winn has said if he was banished to an island and could only do one practice it would be primordial qigong.

Ken Cohen says if he only did one practice it would be standing meditation.

My top 3 list would go something like..

1. Zazen(cessation contemplation or empty mind) This I feel is the most important spiritual practice. It is considered the cornerstone technique for coming to self realization for many people over a long period of time. It empties the self of egotism and greed and makes you more compassionate . Ultimatly leads to unity with the Tao as has been the experience of many thousands of Buddhists and Taoists. It opens up your qi channels naturally without force and leads to Samadhi and peacfulness with the ultimate goal of enlightenment .Or in zen terms seeing the true empty nature of the self. Other people like Bill Bodri also consider it the foundation practice of changing your fortune due to the ability to empty or sacrifice the ego self and recieve the unlimited, boundless blessings of the universe.

2. Water therapy. I feel this practice can literally keep one free of disease .Or atleast improve one's chances of not getting sick. Water is the most powerful cleansing agent and 72% of our bodies are water . When done daily water therapy also improves over all feelings of well being, completely cures constipation and makes you more energetic. It also has cured people of serious illnesses that medical science did not showing how important water and particulalry drinking a large amount of water first thing in the morning can be.

3. The Royal Court. The 3 simple excercises that originated in India and are literally all you need to get in shape, have awesome cardio, burn fat, and can be performed anywhere, anytime with no equimpment. Also, when done in high numbers, the excercises seem to lower resting heart rate and do it quickly. Also develops a very focused mind from having to keep count in high reps that is useful in developing a focused determined mindset for achiving other goals in life.

That would be my top 3 right now.

Yoda's fav five in no particular order:

running/walking--gets ya moving, relaxed, sunshine, pranayama, stimulates the bottom of the feet

sungazing, moongazing, stargazing--lots o cosmic qi (sun=jing, moon=chi, stars=shen per Winn)

standing & sitting zen--don't just do something, stand there! (I sometimes add techniques like inner smile, healing sounds, sungazing to the posture.)

retention--no point in practicing if you are going to spend it.

foot massage before going to bed.

-Yoda

What do you guys feel are the over all best practices you have learned? Like the top 5 or top 3 list of the best of the best?  The practices that have the most benefits, are most enjoyable or perhaps not that enjoyable but just very productive.

For instance, Michael Winn has said if he was banished to an island and could only do one practice it would be primordial qigong.

Ken Cohen says if he only did one practice it would be standing meditation.

My top 3 list would go something like..

1. Zazen(cessation contemplation or empty mind) This I feel is the most important spiritual practice. It is considered the cornerstone technique for coming to self realization for many people over a long period of time. It empties the self of egotism and greed and makes you more compassionate . Ultimatly leads to unity with the Tao as has been the experience of many thousands of Buddhists and Taoists. It opens up your qi channels naturally without force and leads to Samadhi and peacfulness with the ultimate goal of enlightenment .Or in zen terms seeing the true empty nature of the self. Other people like Bill Bodri also consider it the foundation practice of changing your fortune due to the ability to empty or sacrifice the ego self and recieve the unlimited, boundless blessings of the universe.

2. Water therapy. I feel this practice can literally keep one free of disease .Or atleast improve one's chances of not getting sick. Water is the most powerful cleansing agent and 72% of our bodies are water . When done daily water therapy also improves over all feelings of well being, completely cures constipation and makes you more energetic. It also has cured people of serious illnesses that medical science did not showing how important water and particulalry drinking a large amount of water first thing in the morning can be.

3. The Royal Court. The 3 simple excercises that originated in India and are literally all you need to get in shape, have awesome cardio, burn fat, and can be performed anywhere, anytime with no equimpment. Also, when done in high numbers, the excercises seem to lower resting heart rate and do it quickly. Also develops a very focused mind from having to keep count in high reps that is useful in developing a focused determined mindset for achiving other goals in life.

That would be my top 3 right now.

5387[/snapback]

BUT WERENT YA SUPOSED TO HAVE STOPED ALL POSTIN YA SAUSAGE JOCKEY???

HEARKEN ME YA GENNERATION O VIPERS, DA IMORTAL PRACTICE BE:

*CIRCULLATIN DA RETTAINED CHING WHILE IN DA DREAM-STATE*

DO YA HEAR ME?

LEMME SAY THAT AGGAIN:

*CIRCULLATIN DA RETTAINED CHING WHILE IN DA DREAM-STATE*

HOW-EVER, BITCHES GOTTA GROW A SALAMI FIRST!!!

AARRGGHH!!

1 - Sedona Method

2 - Biomechanical exercise, ie: Body Flow

3 - Natural alchemy (ie: Sun, Moon and Earth gazing / meditations)

1. wide angle vision (maybe throw seeing auras in there too)

2. stretching

3. spending time in nature

pretty simple, isn't it?

deep breathing might be in there somewhere too

I recently got Donna Eden'S Energy Medicine Kit and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. Nice exercises for people on the run and those who take it serious... one can really feel the effects of some of the exercises immediately. And that woman just has an enormous smile and positive energy.

www.innersource.net

you can get the kit for a good price at amazon from the marketsellers. It belongs to my three-best-dollars-spent items!!!

Harry

Further I am currently working with the 15 Minute Miracle... a way to open up the vast possibilities to life's precious sources...

it mainly is a way to restructure yourself to positive language... so that your thoughts aren't clouded by negativity. The author's very much hold the believe that whatever you ask for (consciously or subconsicously) will come into being... and that it is of IMMENSE importance to THINK the proper way.

While I do not yet know about the "claims" I very much feel that the first step to calming your mind is having continuously positive thoughts... and this CAN be trained...!!!

an IMPORANT exercise

Harry

1. Freestyle yoga chi gong bagua

2. Meridian Chi Kung ala dumai.org

3. Qi Robotics ala choosinglife.com (includes B.K. Frantzis' qigong in it and lauphing to 5 chakras with different frequencies)

4. Shengzhen

5. Star gazing, or staring at a dot until it becomes the entire universe and you get so relaxed that breathing goes down to twice per minute or less, and everything makes sense. You dont even have to meditate on psych channels, it happens auticmaticaly.

6.Standing

7. Self massage

8. keeping a (dream/revelation) journal

9.Reading the book "healing of the nations" By Dennis Forsythe

10. Oh yeah, and for those of you who never heard it, Ken Cohen's breathing CD is OFF THE HOOK, B.K.'s is good too. Havent heared Dennis Lewis' or the Silent ground chick's but those are likely good too.

10. Oh yeah, and for those of you who never heard it, Ken Cohen's breathing CD is OFF THE HOOK.

Tru Dat

lest this thread escapes w/o anyone mentioning the big guns like singin' and dancin'--just wanted them recorded for posterity, so nobody would use it as proof that taoists ain't no fun!

Yah i was going to add those, but then of course you gots to count tree climbing.

5428[/snapback]

yep: and holding your breath as long as you can while you are in the mood :D

idk about that one but yeah, if you are not trying to get oxygen

if you are, Michael frost has an awesome lung expansion set in his book, i been buggin myself to do it...got to expand the lungs! that key!

idk about that one but yeah, if you are not trying to get oxygen

5432[/snapback]

I'd say: just try it. Hold it longer than you think you can and then release and take in the oxygen... it should feel enormously good. Ya know: its like getting done deep tissue Rolphing... sooooooooo much pain!!! BUT AFTERWARDS: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

thankx for the suggestion

Harry

meditating on the three main chakras (tan tiens).

listening to the high pitched ringing.

rmax stuff (warrior wellnes, be breathed, body flow... yet to get me some clubbells).

dynaflex (isometrics).

jungle man workouts.

and of course..... sex!

;)

What do you guys feel are the over all best practices you have learned? Like the top 5 or top 3 list of the best of the best?

5387[/snapback]

Top 10,001:

1. I'd have to say that core channel practice (deep-centers, bindus) and how that connects with emptiness & light is #1.

2. In my current view, the 10,000 practices are in support of, leading to, that. And are all good.

I know Chia recommends the holding the breath thing as a daily jump start exercise. He says that the body starts pulling in chi through the pores and hairs when the lungs stop doing their thing, so it's a good way to jump start hair breathing, bone breathing, skin breathing, etc. Might be a nice way to kick off a meditation session.

Actually, it just came to mind that I used to do breath holding after I've been doing 30 sitting meditation just to get real high on it for the last ten minutes.

Right now, it might be a nice way to kick off my standing/sungazing practice.

-Yoda

sunshine, you gotta call em and ask for catalog...

Whats 9 bottles wind?

Also I started warrior wellness recently and that is AWESOME...gotta checkout the rest of rmax :o

Maybe get some clubells thingies to swing around. :lol:

Now I am tempted to get into all the rmax stuff and the pavel stuff....so much to master! So little time. :D

9 bottle Wind

Do you breath into the abdomen area or more concentrate on raising the chest area?

My two are

1. Standing Meditation

2. Sex

Not necessarily in that order.

Standing meditation gives you all the benefits of exercise and all the benefits of meditation in one package. Even when you're meditating poorly you're workng your structure. And even when you're standing badly you're often meditating well. Ken Cohen's right, it's great.

Of sex what can I say that hasn't already been said? I'm serious though. It can be, I believe, your entire pactice if you do it right.

Cameron, two questions for you if you don't mind:

What's "water practice"?

What are the Royal Court exercises? (perhaps there's a link you could post?)

Thanks

9 bottle Wind

Do you breath into the abdomen area or more concentrate on raising the chest area?

5466[/snapback]

The 9 bottle wind is similar to "vase breathing" in the 6 Yogas of Naropa system. The point of alternate nostril work is to open the thrusting channels, left and right. (Later, through meditation, the energies of those opened & filled channels are brought together into the central channel.) If that's the case, then you'd breathe down the left side when inhaling through the left nostril, straight down through the left middle, through the major organs on that side as deep as you can go. Similarly, right side for right nostril.

Glad to hear a correction if I'm wrong on this.

You all are cheating, you are writing more than three!!

Other "top 3" excercises:

writing

blowing bubbles

reading poetry outloud

listening to bluegrass music

singing badly and loudly

climbing

swimming

plant spirit medicine

getting acupuncture

reading harry potter

drinking tea