Patrick Brown

The Max Christensen Facts Not Fiction Thread.

There's a lot of dancing round going on in here just like everywhere else in the world. A lot of action and no meaning. Tao is foremost in human potential to experience- a presence. In this thread and in this web site there is barely a hint

of Tao. Why are people spinning round and round and never seeking the center?

Any action that does not lead immediately to that middle place is a travesty

of human potential. Why waste energy?

May i ask your purpose on this web-site? If you feel it is waste of energy?

did you misunderstand or misconstrue?

i must have. i admit i have not kept up on this thread too much, just a glance in now and then. but as to your remark about on this website barely a hint of tao to be found. and i realize it is none of my bizness but i am curious why you frequent a website and post when you see little useful activity.

Tao is hidden because of polarity. In on line communication conflicts however subtle

are the moments where Tao may come out of the polarized body of communication(mind) -tao is in all things and hidden from view in this dimension. everything is useful

but nothing is ever used for its intended purpose -involution

relatively speaking

ah, well thank you for the responses. and also thanks for the tip about the micro exelerite clay on the other thread. i am not at/in/with any conflict B) for me there is no need to enter into one.

I'm pretty sure I would get banned if I just posted V every time, I don't see the difference of doing a post and then deleting it five minutes later, it's just another form of trolling.

There is nothing mystical about doing that, it is just annoying to see it in threads you are interested in.

• Like 5

I'm pretty sure I would get banned if I just posted V every time, I don't see the difference of doing a post and then deleting it five minutes later, it's just another form of trolling.

There is nothing mystical about doing that, it is just annoying to see it in threads you are interested in.

Torus is just another troll and has added nothing to this discussion! :wacko: Should we report him to be banished for a time? :lol:

• Like 2

Torus is just another troll and has added nothing to this discussion! :wacko: Should we report him to be banished for a time? :lol:

!What Mr. Don't Censor Me thinking of narcing on someone! :o

Actually, though we're on different sides of the Max C. drama, its nice to see there are things we agree on :)

"" thelerner

19 Feb 2011 - 08:47

Are you trying to 'win' arguments through massive postings, ie posting every few minutes so you overwhelm the discussion?

Or is a not so subtle way to sabotage a discussion?""

Neither of these "" are coming from your awareness -it's just assumption.

How do you consider posting multiple responses on a topic a sabotage?

Deleting also is not sabotage.

Are you fearful for future readers of this forum not having a good experienced from this thread because there are holes in it?

The content and presentation are already displeasing enough with or without

deleting

Do you actually go back and re read threads?

Please, do not post on my profile again

Edited by torus693

Do you actually go back and re read threads?

I go back and re-read threads.

I went back and read all the Kunlun threads. Most of the posts were deleted when I got to them.

Then when people had questions, I would go to link to them, only to find that even MORE posts were deleted. And there were some good, insightful ones in some of those old threads as well :(

You never know who wanders into some of these threads far into the future.

Good point,

I see your view and it brings up a question.

Are these threads generated for the sake of future readers

or are they for the sake of posters enjoyment?

Are you writeing for future readers?

Edited by torus693

Good point,

I see your view and it brings up a question.

Are these threads generated from the sake of future readers

or are they for the sake of posters enjoyment?

Are you writeing for future readers?

At any given moment there are multiple audiences.

There are the people you talk to directly...

The people who are viewing the thread, but aren't commenting...

The people who aren't even registered, but watching as things unfold...

People who run a google search and stumble across a thread...

People who register in the future and use the taobums search feature...

And who knows who else?

I can't tell how many times I've stumbled across just the right post, just the right message, which was written a long time ago. Of course, I've also gotten incredibly helpful and insightful posts from the present.

So who knows?

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I'll ask again. Are you (anybody here) writing your posts for future readers.

I'll say this again:

Regardless of your intention, there are always going to be multiple audiences.

Presidents who assume that they only have one audience (the American people) can wind up getting into hot water (by saying something which is okay by American standards, but pisses off foreign audiences). So Presidential speechwriters have to always take into account multiple audiences, even if they aren't the primary audience.

one more time, and not for you Sloppy:

"I'll ask again. Are you (anybody here) writing your posts for future readers"

one more time, and not for you Sloppy:

I quite often do... in fact my first few months was with the single intention of future readers... but well as things went I ended up removing them - but might archive some of the ones whcih weren't context specifc - thought it would be appropriate for my last few days here.

Tao is hidden because of polarity. In on line communication conflicts however subtle

are the moments where Tao may come out of the polarized body of communication(mind) -tao is in all things and hidden from view in this dimension. everything is useful

but nothing is ever used for its intended purpose -involution

well said

Edited by -O-

Thank you,

I welcome other reply to this question. It is not specific to the title

of this thread, but is important to the quality of it and quality is

more important than title.

I saved any of the posts I wrote that were essential to the title of TTB

in case there were assumptions about my deletions or V's lol

Since this thread is specific to a person and I find speaking of others in the

second person to be impolite I am going to make extensive re writes of many my now 'V' posts specific to the efficacy of an Alchemy called Kunlun which is in many persons memories intrinsically related to said person

I definitely read old threads as I'm very new to TTB's. . . it's also very frustrating to find threads wherein many of the posts have been deleted. I look at the forums as a rich resource for research when I come across a new teacher or practice or have questions about my own practice. As for how I intend my posts to be read, I simply don't post anything I wouldn't want someone to read in the future.

I feel the same way. It's a delicate situation posting opinion as apposed to

personal experience. I believe that personal or direct experience are the most helpful to future readers because they are stories and tend to convey a real feeling.

• Like 1

Yes.

I personally find edits annoying as I re-read threads and like to keep them for later reference. But there are good reasons to edit posts so we do allow people to edit their own posts, if editing was a huge issue it could just be switched off.

But intentionally blank, "filler" posts or flooding a topic is just pointlessly annoying. So please don't do that.

_/\_

• Like 2

I am not flooding and created 2 blank for the sake of humor posts 'W' and 'X'

Anything else were deleted because people were being rude.

I write the way that I think and talk -short (mostly) concise and when inspiration strikes. Like in most recent communication with -O- i was inspired several times to add information pertinent to that topic. Ralis later posted a complaint about the post being of topic, so I deleted them. As I wrote earlier I am going re write them on the topic of this thread.

another poster at the end of a string of postings of mine got rude and wrote "manic rate of posting"

I am working on several projects at once and in between for mental break posting here, hence the frequency.

To allay suspicion my re writing is not intended to effect anybody else posts. I am only going to share personal experiences.

The Nature of the Title of this thread is essentially negative and begs for allegory "Fact Not Fiction" is consistently used by exponents to imply that claims are fictional rather than a subjective discussion thats brings to light 'Fact Verses Fiction' -to prove and to disprove.

Does this kind of action fit in with the ideals of the owner or moderators or rules there by set?

All in perspective "I" gather very great meaning in the dot on this 'i'

One mans ceiling is another mans floor.