Patrick Brown

The Max Christensen Facts Not Fiction Thread.

Max said that he would find a way to bring Jenny out to teach.

He knows what she can do and we need her to do it.

Wu Dragon, Help!?!!

I died,

My heart stopped and breath.

I was gone for a long time -still Consciousness absorbing into

an endless pattern. Right will is earned in accepting demise.

you should email her and ask.

it's unhealthy to lose creativity.

We all have our part to play and this show called life has been going

for a very long time. Will putting energy into forming conclusions yield

anything that you truly desire in this life?

I would find it strange if anyone who's heart is wide open draws a hard line

between them self and any one else. This goes against principles that allow

opening to first happen.

Max said that he would find a way to bring Jenny out to teach.

He knows what she can do and we need her to do it.

Wu Dragon, Help!?!!

What CAN she do, i wonder...

Edited by Astral_Anima

The idea that lack of sleep, not needing to eat, uncontrollable bliss states and other phenomena mentioned here are in my opinion very dangerous. The body of literature around the negative effects of kundalini is extensive and well known. Add to all of this the ability to totally feel others pain without strong boundaries is really inviting trouble. These manifestations are caused by incoherent energy fields. Only the coherent energy fields are necessary for balance and real evolution.

The idea that lack of sleep, not needing to eat, uncontrollable bliss states and other phenomena mentioned here are in my opinion very dangerous. The body of literature around the negative effects of kundalini is extensive and well known. Add to all of this the ability to totally feel others pain without strong boundaries is really inviting trouble. These manifestations are caused by incoherent energy fields. Only the coherent energy fields are necessary for balance and real evolution.

Thanks for worrying for my sakes. So compassionate. :rolleyes: .

Heightened awareness, energy, and compassion are legitimate manifestations.

Edited by Lucky7Strikes

Yep,

I'd tend to agree with Master Ralis:-)

Hence the conscious efforts to cultivate mindfulness and decent boundaries. Even the sea meets a shoreline:-)

I don't intend to go into "healing arts" and I don't have 3 hours per day to redo after dealing with the huge amounts of energy sucking and crappy intent that our culture seems to foster.

I don't intend to go into hermitage nor live in a cave.

In the world and not of it mate.

And now, Deep Thoughts, with Master Ralis...

Great! I am so happy that you appreciate my words of wisdom. To prove your worthiness for higher wisdom, just complete 100,000 prostrations to the joker avatar that I have graced this forum with. Then and only then will hgher wisdom be bestowed. :lol:

• Like 1

Some interesting posts - and a nice, compact re-cap of the issue at hand by -O- - thanks for that.

I am one of the group of students who feels unaffected by claims/photos/anecdotes. For me they serve to entertain and disrupt's the mind's attempt to stop the flowing river of experience... the doubt, uncertainty keeps my mind from fixating on a 'truth' and thus stagnating and stopping progress... it also injects a little humour into what could be boring 'spiritual' talk.

Uncertainty is very underrated. Not only underrated, but we've effectively declared war on uncertainty. Certainty is the new god that we pray to and certainty only exists in the mind... We want certainty of results, we want certainty around claimed abilities, we want certainty about our own progress.

I've lost my certainty a while ago - or rather the importance of certainty. I watch my mind grasp for it, and that's entertaining - it's something to find humour in. I find it cute how easily I forget myself and start grasping again - then notice that and crack up with laughter.

Sloppy - this is particularly relevant to you - certainty is important to you. I'm not saying you should get rid of that - but I am saying that you should start doing things about it. You seem passionate and I applaud that - now get to doing something about your passion - conduct some experiments!!! start small, see if your qi or another's can improve growth rate of sprouting seeds - something like that.

Start actually being curious and put your passion into action - it's fine demanding it from others on an internet forum, but let's be honest, you might as well be demanding millions of dollars in a public toilet. Find ways of testing people's claims - it's actually quite interesting.

I think that when you truly work towards certainty, you will begin to see the magic in uncertainty. As a proponent of certainty, please develop and demonstrate some skill in this area... you might find that once you're actually acting on your passion, people will be willing to be 'tested' by you - at the moment as an anonymous poster on an internet forum demanding proof you just won't be taken seriously.

And please don't be offended if I find your quest funny - because I find my own quest funny too.

:)

• Like 3

Some interesting posts - and a nice, compact re-cap of the issue at hand by -O- - thanks for that.

I am one of the group of students who feels unaffected by claims/photos/anecdotes. For me they serve to entertain and disrupt's the mind's attempt to stop the flowing river of experience... the doubt, uncertainty keeps my mind from fixating on a 'truth' and thus stagnating and stopping progress... it also injects a little humour into what could be boring 'spiritual' talk.

Uncertainty is very underrated. Not only underrated, but we've effectively declared war on uncertainty. Certainty is the new god that we pray to and certainty only exists in the mind... We want certainty of results, we want certainty around claimed abilities, we want certainty about our own progress.

I've lost my certainty a while ago - or rather the importance of certainty. I watch my mind grasp for it, and that's entertaining - it's something to find humour in. I find it cute how easily I forget myself and start grasping again - then notice that and crack up with laughter.

Sloppy - this is particularly relevant to you - certainty is important to you. I'm not saying you should get rid of that - but I am saying that you should start doing things about it. You seem passionate and I applaud that - now get to doing something about your passion - conduct some experiments!!! start small, see if your qi or another's can improve growth rate of sprouting seeds - something like that.

Start actually being curious and put your passion into action - it's fine demanding it from others on an internet forum, but let's be honest, you might as well be demanding millions of dollars in a public toilet. Find ways of testing people's claims - it's actually quite interesting.

I think that when you truly work towards certainty, you will begin to see the magic in uncertainty. As a proponent of certainty, please develop and demonstrate some skill in this area... you might find that once you're actually acting on your passion, people will be willing to be 'tested' by you - at the moment as an anonymous poster on an internet forum demanding proof you just won't be taken seriously.

And please don't be offended if I find your quest funny - because I find my own quest funny too.

:)

I've given up on trying to get people to actually put up, because it never really works, just more and more excuses and rhetoric.

I've been working daily to try to develop something that actually works reliably, which would meet the most modest demands of any scientific study. Hundreds of trials with zener cards over the past 5 years, meticulous records kept, no significance. Meticulous journals about the events of my day, thoughts and things like that, compared with various spots of deja vu and synchronicity. Nothing significant. 7 years of daily dream journals (I was recording dreams before I actually got into spirituality, metaphysics, and trying to find out the truth behind "powers"), comparing them to later events in journals, trying to see if there were any messages, and anything else you can imagine that can be associated with dreams.

For the past 5 years (since I started at the age of 16 really trying to develop myself and find out the truth about this stuff), I've kept my practices to methods that, from my perspective, I consider to be as complete as possible. These methods and techniques usually address, in some way, shape, or form, the totality of human experience- spirituality, energy work, sex, mental chatter, physical health, etc etc. Not a lot of systems out there which are all around good. Even fewer who actually promise (or even suggest) the development of powers and abilities. I've tried most of them, and most of them either didn't work, or just didn't seem right for me. Of course, seeking out advanced practitioners in those practices to get them to talk about experiences and abilities, and potential for demonstrations, didn't really turn up much besides the same old rhetoric.

So I've been a busy little bee, but don't have much to show for it. There's a lot of crap out there which prevents someone from even FINDING a system which isn't a bunch of shit. It's why I'm such an advocate for masters and those of accomplished ability to actually step forward and demonstrate their skills. Because as it stands now, a legitimate teacher can put a flier in the paper, and they would be indistinguishable from a fraud putting out a flier out there. If you'd ask them to demonstrate their abilities, they'd probably tell you a whole bunch of stuff about how it's not about powers, but inner peace, blah blah blah. And guess what? The fraud would too! Except one person would have a legitimate, healthy practice, and the other, at best, would have a practice that doesn't screw you up after years of study.

To date I've spent a couple of thousand dollars of personal expenses on gathering material on potentially legitimate practices, which is no small sum when you consider other things a college student has on their plate (tuition, books, rent, etc). I'd estimate about 70%-80% of that was wasted, and turned out to be stuff that was either fluff, or was provided in a better form by other material.

I've spent hundreds of hours in personal practice.

So it's not like I'm sitting around doing nothing.... oh, wait, to my college age peers, that's exactly what I'm doing! (here's a shout out to Non- I've got friends who think I'm gay or a super introverted virgin because some of them have never seen me even talk with a woman!)

And at this point I must inform you about the line that I draw, which is between interesting subjective, personal experiences, which cannot be replicated (at least on demand.... yet), which may pique my interest, and the types of thing which can be replicated on demand in a shared subjective manner (because many people get all hung up on the word "objective", so I'm meaning stuff I can show people that they'd find to be "real"). Despite all the interesting personal stuff, nothing I can actually show for it (like no hands juggling).

Also, in part because of my practice and record keeping, and in part because of my formal education, I'm well aware of all the different types of cognitive bias out there, which, if you aren't careful, can really lead you into nothing but a path of self delusion and fantasy. Which is why I am very careful about things that make me "really feel like anything is possible", because, well, as easy as it could be energy surging through my body up to higher centers, it could easily just be chemicals in my brain. And with no way that I've developed to test them in a shared-subjective (objective, for those who don't get hung up on the words) manner, I don't know for sure.

So I recognize their presence, record them, and then move on. If I replicate it, yay. If I don't, eh. If I can't verify it, I can't say one way or another. So I don't say anything at all.

Thanks for the consideration, freeform :) I'm not much of a fan of certainty either. It usually just gets in the way. But that doesn't mean you throw caution and rationality to the wind. You can have an open, yet discerning, mind. Letting go of old, non-constructive habits does not mean that your hands are empty to catch whatever sweet sounding rhetoric comes your way.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 3

Yep,

I'd tend to agree with Master Ralis:-)

Hence the conscious efforts to cultivate mindfulness and decent boundaries. Even the sea meets a shoreline:-)

I don't intend to go into "healing arts" and I don't have 3 hours per day to redo after dealing with the huge amounts of energy sucking and crappy intent that our culture seems to foster.

I don't intend to go into hermitage nor live in a cave.

In the world and not of it mate.

But the joy and gratitude you feel when you are with people who are good, virtuous, and loving is that much more incredible. Becoming open to those around you is an inevitable effect of any meditation or energy practice.

Yes Lucky,

That would be nice :-)

However I'm not living in a cave, nor on a mountain, nor in a wuvly bubble :-)

Great! I am so happy that you appreciate my words of wisdom. To prove your worthiness for higher wisdom, just complete 100,000 prostrations to the joker avatar that I have graced this forum with. Then and only then will hgher wisdom be bestowed. :lol:

I resent this!!

Edited by ANGRY PSEUDO TAOIST
  • Like 1

These manifestations are caused by incoherent energy fields. Only the coherent energy fields are necessary for balance and real evolution.

Sloppy,

You seem an coherent sort. Do you believe the existence of these "energy" fields?

Ive been doing some reading on this "kundalini" and see some

dare devils like to make it go up their spines???

Why would anyone enjoy having incoherent energy in their brains?

But then, I suppose this means that everyone has incoherent energy

in their tail bone??

• Like 1

I resent this!!

Just adding a bit of levity to lighten things up. Sometimes it gets way too serious here. :lol:

Sloppy,

You seem an coherent sort. Do you believe the existence of these "energy" fields?

I'm flattered that you'd ask my opinion! :)

Short answer: Well I can't say for sure, and honestly don't have a solid opinion one way or the other.

Long answer: Keeping in mind that I don't keep up to date with every new scientific discovery, breakthrough, and theory, to my knowledge, nothing like those sorts of energy fields have been scientifically connected to humans (I guess you could talk about bio-electricity and stuff like that, but I don't know much about how that works, and if it's really a one to one correlation). Anyone with anything interesting to share, feel free to do so!

However, sometimes when working with certain systems, or trying to get something done, or trying to explain stuff, it's convenient to adopt a model. But when doing so you make assumptions. Sometimes it's just one or two, sometimes a few more.

So assuming kundalini energy is real, and assuming energy fields are real, a practice which encourages the healthy and balanced handling of that energy, and a practice which ensures stable, healthy, strong energy fields, that don't leave you vulnerable to negative influences, would probably suit most people more than a practice which leads to an out of control kundalini and energy fields with gaping holes in them.

Now do they actually exist? Or are they just an elaborate metaphor to describe mental processes, which the mind attaches to and uses to generate some kind of worldview? Who knows. But if you keep going with that line of thought, then nothing really exists, it's all just mental constructs, but then it's pretty damn hard to talk about stuff like we're doing, isn't it?

Kundalini energy and energy fields might not actually exist, but be a useful model which the mind can use to piece together different sensations and mental projections, keep them all in order, and maintain health. Or, they may actually exist, but exist in such a way that most of us cannot readily perceive.

So my position is just be aware of all the possible explanations, and even if one starts to make a lot of sense and be useful (like say you start to raise kundalini yourself), keep in mind that you might still just be engaging in elaborate mental gymnastics.