Sign in to follow this  
.broken.

Japanese Centenarians on BBC News

More news on centenarians:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7612363.stm

Yours humbly,

James

I am trying to undestand what's their secret and I was looking up ranking Japan compared to other countries:

In terms of wealth - GDP Japan is nr 14 while US is nr 6 website

In terms of healthcare Japan is ranked nr 10 while US is nr 37 and Saudi Arabia better then US !!! nr 26 website

In terms of population Japan is nr 10 again while China is nr 1 and India nr 2 and US nr 3 website

And in terms of the teritory size Russia is nr 1 Canada nr 2 and US nr 3 and Japan is not even on the list website

So what is their secret ? l don't think it's the vegetarian Diet - as there are other countries with real vegetarian traditions like India and Laos and China........

What is it then ? Better genes ? Sushi ? Zen ? Toyotas ? Ninjas? ....

How do they do it ?

Go figure .....

It's simple - while all the Japanese salarymen slave themselves to death providing for their wives...their wives enjoy the fruits of all those hard labors. :lol:

Of the country's current centenarians, a staggering 86% are women

I am trying to undestand what's their secret and I was looking up ranking Japan compared to other countries:

So what is their secret ? l don't think it's the vegetarian Diet - as there are other countries with real vegetarian traditions like India and Laos and China........

How do they do it ?

In a word?

Seaweed.

Either that or radiation.....

In terms of wealth - GDP Japan is nr 14 while US is nr 6 website

In terms of healthcare Japan is ranked nr 10 while US is nr 37 and Saudi Arabia better then US !!! nr 26 website

In terms of population Japan is nr 10 again while China is nr 1 and India nr 2 and US nr 3 website

And in terms of the teritory size Russia is nr 1 Canada nr 2 and US nr 3 and Japan is not even on the list website

How do they do it ?

Go figure .....

Well I wouldn't expect one to find the answer in geographical and demographical statistics. The answer probably lies in attitude toward life, how life is lived and how one looks after oneself.

The older generations don't eat wheat or meat (unless they are up in the hills) and all the food is very fresh. Warm temperatures most of the year round - particularly in Okinawa where the highest concentration of centenarians are located. This makes it an ideal place to grow many tropical fruits. Along with an intimate connection with nature and a strong sense of community, these factors begin to add up. As far as I am aware they probably don't drink coffee and just lap up the green tea.

Women generally live a lot longer than men by nature - a Daoist might be led to think that it's due to loss of jing throughout the man's sexual encounters. Whatever the reason, this holds true in all countries, imo, and seems to be a fact of life.

Interestingly enough, according to Wikipedia, "Okinawa also has its own religious beliefs, generally characterized by ancestor worship and the respecting of relationships between the living, the dead, and the gods and spirits of the natural world."

Anyway, I hope this gives some food for thought :)

Yours humbly,

James

Sign in to follow this