Spectrum

Spontaneous Movement : Form and Formless

Invite to all taobums to post video and photos of spontaneous movement, chi gung, dance, formless, forms, dialog welcome. Especially Kunlun practitioners.

Spontaneous Dance: looking mysteriously like taijiquan

Edited by Spectrum

There was a period of time I always waked up in the midnight , and , started spontaneously performing some sort of formless, seemingly following what the qi at that moment wants to run , movements . Of course, I was in half-sleeping status , and other people are in dreaming , I couldn't have any photos taken and post them here . :)

It is said that qi flows in different meridian channels of our body in different time periods of a day.

As it rises spontaneously in my half-sleeping status , I can claim that the qi appears at that moment much natural ( as LaoTzu suggests ) than others' , which mostly are deliberately aroused by paying attention to their breathing , by visualization...etc. :lol:

Edited by exorcist_1699

Spontaneous movement is awareness manifesting as action, conciousness taking form.

There is a beautiful practice by the name of Tandava (the Shiva dance) done by the ancient Kashmiri masters that is ALL about this topic; Learning to let the body rest, even when in action, through being aware and free.

The body becomes like a moving koan, understand this and come full circle- bringing mystical understanding into communication with daily life.

In the dance you learn to emulate "enlightened movement" through letting it come from the breath instead of the mind. Done correctly, with the guidance of a competent teacher, this emulation is a powerful tool to start integrating natural spontaneous movement into our everyday life, so I guess it only starts as emulation and rthen turns into the real thing.

Yes. The Tandava. The Dance of Creation and Destruction. This is the translocation of the body temple through space. Music as medium the body is mediums music.

The Tandava: the interaction between the creative and destructive(musical)elements of the body

interaction between circle and square within without:turns inside out front side back stunts about

interaction between music and body is 4 part: beat drone melody harmony: feet hips hands feet

interaction between body and terrain is 4 part: outofway redirect technique setup: perfect move

The structures presented in the various classics present a kind of guide or map for the initiate to experiemtn

From my e3periences: The Chinese and Indian classics educate through the gross embodiment of aesthetics

Edited by Spectrum

There are 2 great Masters of an ancient tradition that teach Tandava and give its transmition; The Master and one of his disciples who is now at the Master level. They live in France and tour Europe. Message me if you want their names. One will be in NYC this october and I heard she was going to cali at some point too.

I'm eager to see some kunlun'ers post video in this thread. It has been more than a year now, still with no satisfactory taste left in my mouth of kunlun. Words do nothing justice, imagination starts at sunset my kunlun friends.

At least two years ago I was comparing video footage taken of David Carradines long time trainer Rob Moses using his movement exploration tool based on phi to suggestion and guide movement patterns along the golden ratio curves of the body. This slipped silently under the taobum carpet, but this footage still exists and I have yet to see any spontaneous forms of chi gung to compare...

The proof is in the pudding. Here is some spontaneous movement from my own life journey. Basic patterns. Stance a little shallow... I rember focusing on hand pattern flow and keeping the footwork stable for the wind resistance.

Spectrum 12.09.05:

0sU8T3Stj1k

Eargerly Awaiting Yours

Edited by Spectrum

I'm eager to see some kunlun'ers post video in this thread. It has been more than a year now, still with no satisfactory taste left in my mouth of kunlun. Words do nothing justice, imagination starts at sunset my kunlun friends.

At least two years ago I was comparing video footage taken of David Carradines long time trainer Rob Moses using his movement exploration tool based on phi to suggestion and guide movement patterns along the golden ratio curves of the body. This slipped silently under the taobum carpet, but this footage still exists and I have yet to see any spontaneous forms of chi gung to compare...

The proof is in the pudding. Here is some spontaneous movement from my own life journey. Basic patterns. Stance a little shallow... I rember focusing on hand pattern flow and keeping the footwork stable for the wind resistance.

Spectrum 12.09.05:

0sU8T3Stj1k

Eargerly Awaiting Yours

-----------------------------------

showing yours?

are you on stage here Spectrum?

later, gosh that IS you and not your teacher.. :)

Very elegant.

Wish I could film like that.

Edited by rain

Hi Spectrum,

I don't think of Kunlun as being a performance or "showy" type of thing. When I practice now my movements are very subtle and most of it is internal. I sway a bit and usually spiral around but nothing super artistic about it. What would be cool is if some Kunluners maybe wanted to video doing Max's Bagua or the 5 elements form.

Also, as silly as it seems putting a video of youself doing Kunlun would basically be showing the Kunlun form to people. Not that big a deal I guess but I think the consensus is for people to do a workshop and learn it the right way.

Nice practice you have though. Looks like an awesome setting to cultivate you have there.

-----------------------------------

showing yours?

are you on stage here Spectrum?

Hah. No Way. No stage to the honesty of film. No talk. Movement speaks for itself. The same feeling as when stepping before a group of people to demonstrate anything. Even if it's only a mirror to yourself. The wind does not lie. The only enemy is our self.

later, gosh that IS you and not your teacher.. :)

Very elegant.

Wish I could film like that.

Geez Yes wish I would MOVE like that. I'm only able to Stumble Upon the Truth. Low Angles for Sunsets. K.I.S.S.

I don't think of Kunlun as being a performance or "showy" type of thing. When I practice now my movements are very subtle and most of it is internal. I sway a bit and usually spiral around but nothing super artistic about it.

I'm sure your practice is giving you the resultant warm fuzzies u seek, but pause for a moment and listen. Are those the same spirals that initiate a parry & punch? Although your summary of my spontaneous movement says "showy" let me propose that it's simply spontaneously adjusted movements through natural routes and paths that are amplified in the wind. Yes there is a stage here, it is called taobums, but my movement is not staged. This spontaneous form of practice brings what you internally manifest to the surface. Yes I recognize and practice subtlety, but also exploration of the non-conventional opportunities, there are so many directions inside and out. Before anyone jumps to conclusions of "showy" let me remind you I have not posted spontaneous video of myself, ever...

... IN ...

... the wind ...

... water ...

... suspension bridges ...

... low branches ...

... teetering rocks ...

There are doorways to timeless moments all around us if we are Quiet and Listen. Then Move. What begins Within continues Without. Tread Lightly and Listen.

What would be cool is if some Kunluners maybe wanted to video doing Max's Bagua or the 5 elements form.
If Max wants to post some spontaneous flow of himself that's great! I can go on youtube and see bagua and 5 element forms. Lets keep taobums full of original chuan.

Also, as silly as it seems putting a video of youself doing Kunlun would basically be showing the Kunlun form to people.

Are you kidding me here? Thousands of pages of dialog about SPONTANEOUS movement and not one video of the real thing? I'm not asking for uncontrolled undulations, although if you want you can, but c'mon, really?

Not that big a deal I guess but I think the consensus is for people to do a workshop and learn it the right way. Nice practice you have though. Looks like an awesome setting to cultivate you have there.

actually that'$ a big deal....

my video wasn't practice...

that was $pure fun.

So... may be...

You miss the point.

You missed the points.

Leaning on a Horse Pointing

The Way to the Guides Post the Tender

I waited almost 3 years to post a video I used only for correction.

I put it to music for your enjoyment. That enjoyment and love is my poiint to make.

Edited by Spectrum

I didn't say I thought you were being showy. I think your video is cool. But The way you phrased it was like asking people to post videos of themselves doing Kunlun, which from my experience isn't something people have wanted to do.

But yeah, if Chris wants to post some stuff of Max doing Bagua or another form that's cool.

which from my experience isn't something people have wanted to do.

But yeah, if Chris wants to post some stuff of Max doing Bagua or another form that's cool.

There is no such thing. Fear is the enemy. Fly Free Friend.

Finding the third curves that intersect heaven and earth through embodiment.

Here is another one I found recently.

Merry Go Round @ the playground.

Any Stance : Four Directions Spinning One Direction:

Facing Inside (towards center)

Facing Outside (towards edge)

Facing Into the Spin

Facing Backside to the Spin

Archer Stance : Gaasp Sparrows Tail : Facing Inside

-Rollback feels heavy and slower slows down the round: WardOff Gsp Tail Feels Narrow and Fast : Press Push feels neutral

Universal (wuji) Stance : Cloud Hands : Facing Outside

-when moving in same direction as the spin the perception of hand movement stops as they stay stationary with the earth. the reverse of the moving train effect when it stops and you still see motion in your peripheral.

Also stepping onto the moving merrygoround is challenging and if you step into away or with the spin it changes how you distribute weight and the direction of your feet for the best alignment. experiment for yourself.

Edited by Spectrum

One of my brothers doing spontanous things!

ZpMXUVSKtJ0

Edited by Spectrum

:lol::lol::lol:

somebody's so uptight it's like a DREAM!

*bows* must gratefully

whats with those moves anyway I do them ever so often?

is is the wig, I wonderl?

Edited by rain