Sign in to follow this  
Son Goku

Son Goku could kick Superman, Batman, and ANY Masters' butt.

ugg.... this is why I hate it here sometimes... it feels more like 4chan.org/b

Edited by mwight

http://img.4chan.org/b/imgboard.html

/b thing is a more of a cultural reference.

I'm just frustrated I guess, I am searching for a community that is focused solely on transcendence... the more dragonball Z, and 4chan, people show up the more irritating it is to be here. It seems this place is turning into a spiritual 4chan/b community.

Maybe a handful of people here are seriously interested in transcending, or in serious qigong, neigong discussion.

The rest seem preoccupied with learning magic, tarot, and other newagey type BS.

The problem is the static, all these people create tons of noise and make it a chore to dig through material to find relevant information, for those of us who are serious.

lolcat-gathering-chi.jpg

Edited by mwight

http://img.4chan.org/b/imgboard.html

/b thing is a more of a cultural reference.

I'm just frustrated I guess, I am searching for a community that is focused solely on transcendence... the more dragonball Z, and 4chan, people show up the more irritating it is to be here. It seems this place is turning into a spiritual 4chan/b community.

Maybe a handful of people here are seriously interested in transcending, or in serious qigong, neigong discussion.

The rest seem preoccupied with learning magic, tarot, and other newagey type BS.

The problem is the static, all these people create tons of noise and make it a chore to dig through material to find relevant information, for those of us who are serious.

lolcat-gathering-chi.jpg

Perhaps we could create a subforum for the 'magic, DBZ' folks and one for "Serious Practitioners". I share your sentiment - I'd like to have some good discussions and a few laughs here and there to keep things light but the bickering over this and that does detract from the real discussions.

Heh, it's nothing compared to what I've seen on some forums in the past... You know, I can understand when some 12yo's believe stuff like DBZ, but when you've got 21yo's believing the same thing, I just don't know what to say. I still remember a part of a description I once read on one such site, for a supposed energy practice, "power up" or something, "now visualize black hair growing out of your back"... :lol:

Magick is not so bad, but I mean magick, the kind of Golden Dawn, or Kaballah. Tarot can be very good also. It's not that these practices are BS, it's the new age appropriation of some of these practices that is. They require a lot of hard work and dedication, and most new agers, especially young ones, won't dedicate themselves to it.

Perhaps we could create a subforum for the 'magic, DBZ' folks and one for "Serious Practitioners". I share your sentiment - I'd like to have some good discussions and a few laughs here and there to keep things light but the bickering over this and that does detract from the real discussions.

That would be quite stupid thing to do. Soon you'd have the forum populated with DBZers. Actually I didn't know they were still in existance, I haven't visited other forums in a long time. And I mean mostly martial ones, sometimes it was quite hilarious to read their stuff there.

Oh and sorry, but I think anyone who equates Magick with DBZ stuff, doesn't know what they're talking about at all.

Yeah pretty sick of this place, giving more than I get.

But hey...

...they do say it's better to give!

It depends on what you give....

Heh, it's nothing compared to what I've seen on some forums in the past... You know, I can understand when some 12yo's believe stuff like DBZ, but when you've got 21yo's believing the same thing, I just don't know what to say. I still remember a part of a description I once read on one such site, for a supposed energy practice, "power up" or something, "now visualize black hair growing out of your back"... :lol:

Magick is not so bad, but I mean magick, the kind of Golden Dawn, or Kaballah. Tarot can be very good also. It's not that these practices are BS, it's the new age appropriation of some of these practices that is. They require a lot of hard work and dedication, and most new agers, especially young ones, won't dedicate themselves to it.

That would be quite stupid thing to do. Soon you'd have the forum populated with DBZers. Actually I didn't know they were still in existance, I haven't visited other forums in a long time. And I mean mostly martial ones, sometimes it was quite hilarious to read their stuff there.

Oh and sorry, but I think anyone who equates Magick with DBZ stuff, doesn't know what they're talking about at all.

It depends on what you give....

just for the record

what a twat

just for the record

what a twat

Well, I don't think exactly highly of you either, so I guess we have something in common after all.

My twat, your twat? Hey lets party?

Twat!

I wish I could, but don't have the time to party right now.

the best thing i remember of dbz is gohan's training when piccolo left him in the wilderness to fend for him self and be more connected to nature. the rest is exaggerations and drama.

like bruce lee, jackie chan and other TV things, DBZ and anime have brought some interest in martial arts and qigong to international populations.

You can have your ring back to, it always stank anyway.

Haha, ok.

the best thing i remember of dbz is gohan's training when piccolo left him in the wilderness to fend for him self and be more connected to nature. the rest is exaggerations and drama.

like bruce lee, jackie chan and other TV things, DBZ and anime have brought some interest in martial arts and qigong to international populations.

That's true.

All work and no play can get a little old. I think that it would be under the lines of a hobby though. DBZ is a hobby or interest. No different than talking about a movie or music on here. If it's actual inspiration then who are you, or we to judge anyhow? On another note, until it's completely disproven that we cant bleach our hair in an instant and make chi auras and fly and shoot fireballs out of our hands lol then does it really matter? I go either way on this. All fun is meaningless and all work is meaningless

I didn't mean litterally create a "DBZ, Magic" forum. I mean create two forums - one for general whatever discussions and another specifically for the serious conversations.

And you're almost right - I'm far from stupid but - 'I' know nothing ;) To quote an old school cartoon, "I am what I am" :lol: Some real truth to that :)

I could care less about Magick or whatever other label we like to give abilities. I care about one thing - being aware, awake, part of what IS, just BEing. Sounds simple, and it is, once we're no longer conditioned.

All the best.

hehe well I'm strong to the finish because I eat my spinage

First I was just going to read something else

Then I was going to write.

You know I find this thread SO boring I want.....................

But that wouldn't really help anyone. Although I guess others may now know how I feel and/or want to argue with me.

But now I'm just going to go read something else.

Anyhow I already know Batman would so kick Son Gokus butt into next century, I won't need to read any replies either because I have already closed my mind.

;)

Real question. Can anything serious really be learn via the net vs "A Real Live Teacher"

DBZ is a hobby or interest. No different than talking about a movie or music on here. If it's actual inspiration then who are you, or we to judge anyhow?

It's not about inspiration or being a hobby. Years back I was watching Dragonball and thought it was great. I always liked how hard they trained.

But it's about believing things like visualizing a ball of fire between your hands and throwing it at a mountain will make the mountain explode...

On another note, until it's completely disproven that we cant bleach our hair in an instant and make chi auras and fly and shoot fireballs out of our hands lol then does it really matter? I go either way on this. All fun is meaningless and all work is meaningless

It's difficult if not impossible to disprove something that doesn't exist. Can you disprove that I have two, invisble to others, purple wings on my back?

And you're almost right - I'm far from stupid but - 'I' know nothing

I didn't mean to say that you're stupid. I don't consider myself stupid either (well most of the time at least hehe), but I do a lot of stupid things anyway.

Edited by Pero

Anyhow I already know Batman would so kick Son Gokus butt into next century, I won't need to read any replies either because I have already closed my mind.

Have you seen this?

801245402_2528174188_o.gif

:lol:

Sign in to follow this