Sign in to follow this  
peter falk

sun and moon alchemy

over the last weekend i had the dubious pleasure of attending a wedding here in china. someone from michael winn's 2002 trip who moved here afterwards about the same time i did, married a sichuan girl who, incidently, was our interpreter during the trip. between him meeting her and me meeting mrs. columbo, you can see where much of my delight with michaels china trip and HT comes from. it certainly brought about very good turns of events in our lives.

anyway, to the practice:

my friends took enough care in the table artrangements to put me next to chen yuming, who is president (or something like that, doesn't exactly translate) of the huashan daoist association. he hooked us up with the monastery stay and cave meditations. he really is a gifted and highly evolved daoist practicioner. a monk on huashan.

i noticed he wasn't eating anything at the wedding, only drinking orange juice or red wine. so i asked him if he had achieved bigu, and he said yes. then i asked him if he'd achieved immortality yet, and he said he thinks so. he's still a pretty young guy.

we talked about nei gong for a while and then i probed him for some secrets to sun and moon alchemy or greater kan and li. he was very forthcoming. he told me there are several methods and would give me one of them.

for the first few months, imagine there is a sun at the top of your head at the bai hui. do this practice during the day. at night imagine there is a moon there. after you've done this for a few months, see the sun in the bai hui and the moon at the perineum or hui ni. as this develops, see them both in the cauldron (he didnt specify which one but his hand movements indicated soalr plexus or dan tian) and coming together. i don't thjink it matters which cauldron the practice calls for as meditating with these celestial bodies for several months will develop enough communication for them to tell you themselves where they want to be.

do this and the forces of sun and moon will combine in you and produce energy. that's it.

the problem i'm facing is that the moon is already residing in my perineum, so i'm wondering whether just to proceed from that point or go back to the beginning just for the helluvit. the intent may have fired already to initiate the process to completion. i've also been working with the sun and moon a helluva lot already in the core channels to build the relationship while i was waiting to learn the next practice. so maybe sun and moon are happy with that and jump starting the process.

didn't know whether to post this in articles, personal practice, or taoist discussion, so i reckioned its more accessible and discussable here. just thought i'd share.

Peter,

Nice post!

sun and moon a helluva lot already in the core channels

5360[/snapback]

Curious: How has that been going for you?

Interesting line of investigation.

I look forward to reading your future posts (if you are so inclined) as things progress.

Trunk

Peter,

Depending on where you left off with inner alchemy, I would:

1) Practice coupling Sun and Moon (or your internal yin and yang energies) in the lower tan tien (the safe prereq would to have opened all you channels first although I know of a practice that couples heaven and earth throughout the wholebody without any prework, some of these folks have had bumpy rides though). There is a reason for the seven formulas based on many who have gone before us. If you can't trust in these practices, then find something else that you feel is right for you.

2) You obviously realize already that these practices start a process that is very real and seperate from the techniques that bring them about. Unfortunately, some get stuck in techniques though.

3) In HT inner alchemy, you would work up the tan tiens coupling Yin and Yang energies whether sun and moon or whatever polarities you can bring together. In each tan tien a different level of polarity is used starting with inner energies then bringing in stronger emanations that exist in nature. There are other techniques, yet similar techniques in sealing of the five shen.

4) If you are practicing a certain alchemy, then stick with it and avoid trying everything someone else says to do until you know inside for sure that you need it or that it will help you on your path. You can open up too quickly which can lead to many unpleasantries that can be avoided to some degree with sticking with a sound system. In the "end" though, no matter what system, "you" will be challenged beyond your deepest fear and you must find your own way.

Just my thoughts, sorry if I am saying things you already know and if I have insulted your level of cultivation becuase I do not mean to sound like I know everything or what is best for you :)

Matt

Really great post peter, thank you.

I'm not really up to sun and moon alchemy yet, so I'll just file it away. But it's good to see there's chinese daoists doing similar practices. Gives me even more faith in the "7 formulas" tradition.

Just a few random observations/questions.

How is it he achieved bigu but drinks . . . RED WINE? That seems bizzare. If I don't drink for a few weeks and then have a glass of wine I get pretty looped. This guys taking almost no food but chooses alchohol as one of the few substances he imbibes? Weird.

What is it your doing in China again? (just curious).

Sign in to follow this