Sign in to follow this  
sean

Prasara

prasarabannersm.jpg

Scott Sonnon just released a new 2 DVD set called Prasara ... A synergistic physical practice which at first glance can appear to incorporate aspects of yoga, martial arts, acrobatics, break-dance & gymnastics.

Looks very promising, I'm definitely going to grab this on pay day. Check out the trailer and you can check out more details and order it here. [Yes this is an affiliate link, don't shoot! :P Trust me, I will only endorse and affiliate with products I genuinely believe have value.]

Sean.

thaT  looks pretty damn good.... i just cant get to the order here link.... is clubbells down?

i just got warrior wellness and am digging it....

do you know of any of his stuff that focuses on fascia/connective tissues? im sure it all does but maybe theres a dvd working with specifically these tissues.... like tai chi.

5375[/snapback]

Yeah, the site went down earlier today for a few hours.

I think for what you are looking for, your best bet is to start with Warrior Wellness and then once you are comfortable with WW advanced move on to Freedom by Degree. Some long time Tai Chi guys on the CST forum talk about how much of the benefits can be found from Warrior Wellness and without the years of learning an intricate form.

I can't wait to check out this Prasara.

Prasara promotion ends Wednesday (August 31st). Not sure how much it will go up afterwards, but I just placed my order now.

I also picked up Ana Forrest's The Pleasure of Strength which is hard as hell but also very very good. Ana really breaks down the poses in exquisite detail and clearly has a deep understanding of biomechanics.

I also grabbed Yoga Shakti which is the most beautifully produced Yoga video I've ever seen. What's more is that it has this really cool "Matrix" feature where you can design your own practice from I think like 30 pieces into nearly endless combinations so every time you approach it can be a fresh sequence. Another cool feature of the Yoga Shakti DVD is that you can turn voice over instruction off and just have the music, which is cool because it's kind of annoying after you've seen a sequence like 500 times and you are listening to the same instructions over and over and over again.

Sean.

Prasara promotion ends Wednesday (August 31st). Not sure how much it will go up afterwards, but I just placed my order now.

I also picked up Ana Forrest's The Pleasure of Strength which is hard as hell but also very very good. Ana really breaks down the poses in exquisite detail and clearly has a deep understanding of biomechanics.

I also grabbed Yoga Shakti which is the most beautifully produced Yoga video I've ever seen. What's more is that it has this really cool "Matrix" feature where you can design your own practice from I think like 30 pieces into nearly endless combinations so every time you approach it can be a fresh sequence. Another cool feature of the Yoga Shakti DVD is that you can turn voice over instruction off and just have the music, which is cool because it's kind of annoying after you've seen a sequence like 500 times and you are listening to the same instructions over and over and over again. 

Sean.

6564[/snapback]

I had been wondering about that yoga shakti video. I gave a friend a cd of Shiva Rea's and she really liked it and uses it....I saw the dvd and thot to get that one too.

Prasara just arrived! Can't wait to check it out.

6705[/snapback]

Mine too! Can't wait to get off work and check it out. :)

It looks amazing, but over my ability level. I'm digging the warrior wellness as I can do the exercises. They make me feel flexible. When I do yoga, I feel inflexible. Looks enticing, though. I look forward to the reviews. Sean, you have been a yoga nut in the past--I'd like to read some article type posts from you to explain what Scott brings to the table.

Thanks,

Yoda

shit, I have mad desire to see this but at the same time I dont want to drop another 50 beans because I already have so much to practice while I still want to bum it off some1 and learn some NEW universal skills, anyone? :lol:

I was on the verge of ordering it yesterday but didn't. I am getting back into BJJ and doing CC and that is probably enough for now. Besides, I still have the Body flow videos sitting on my TV that I havent even gotten into yet .I honestly don't know that I will either I have sort of made an effort to getting into Scott's stuff but think it may be something for down the road. For now, Matt Furey and Dragondoor stuff is what I prefer.

Prasara looks pretty advanced also.

GrandTrinity, I'll throw it in the Library when I'm done but that might not be for quite a while as I want to study it.

Yoda, will do... I'll write up a detailed review of it in a week or two.

Sign in to follow this