Sign in to follow this  
yogabonheur

Qigong DVD

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend any good, effective Qigong DVDs for beginner and intermediate?

I am interested in Dragon Gate if anyone knows of any DVDs with this practice.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend any good, effective Qigong DVDs for beginner and intermediate?

the spring forest qigong course worth buying if you have the money, level 1-4, it's also on demonoid if you know what that is.

Guest sykkelpump

Hi All,

You should try spring forest qigong,you can fint it here http://www.btmon.com/ if you dont have acsess to demonoid

Hi All,

i have a dragon gate qigong dvd, but i wouldn't recommend it to a beginner. not because it's complicated, but because it's kind of a weak dvd. poor production quality, and the master's form is not very impressive.

what's your background, and what are you looking for out of your practice?

i honestly don't think the dvd is worth the price, but it's the only dragon gate qigong video i've ever found.

Hi All,

Jerry Alan Johnson's CHI KUNG - The Healing Workout is excellent. Highly recommended. (Thank you Hundun)

Hundun,

Would your Dragon Gate DVD be by Daryll Mitchell? I've considered buying some of his stuff, but the quality of the video clips didn't look so great.

You should try spring forest qigong,you can fint it here http://www.btmon.com/ if you dont have acsess to demonoid

Very easy to learn from the video and less chance of making mistakes...

And of course.....exercises are very effective ...

I have also liked Flying Phoenix Chi Kung by Terence Dunn.

Edited by SiliconValley

i have a dragon gate qigong dvd, but i wouldn't recommend it to a beginner. not because it's complicated, but because it's kind of a weak dvd. poor production quality, and the master's form is not very impressive.

what's your background, and what are you looking for out of your practice?

i honestly don't think the dvd is worth the price, but it's the only dragon gate qigong video i've ever found.

Thank you all for your help. I am a yoga teacher and a practicioner for 16 years. My best friend started Qigong about 6 years ago in Europe and she absolutely loves it. She met a few of the Masters including Wang Liping and was so impressed with the practice. I live in US - Los Angeles and have been trying to find a good authentic Qigong teacher but I have no idea where to start from. It seems that here Tai Chi is more popular and the spiritual part of Qigong not quite so ... or at least I don't know any teacher.

So, I thought perhaps I can start by practicing from a good DVD until I find a teacher. If anybody knows of any teachers in Los Angeles, San Bernardino area please let me know.

Thanks again to all.

Jerry Alan Johnson's CHI KUNG - The Healing Workout is excellent. Highly recommended. (Thank you Hundun)

Hundun,

Would your Dragon Gate DVD be by Daryll Mitchell? I've considered buying some of his stuff, but the quality of the video clips didn't look so great.

no, the one i got is this one:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thank you all for your help. I am a yoga teacher and a practicioner for 16 years. My best friend started Qigong about 6 years ago in Europe and she absolutely loves it. She met a few of the Masters including Wang Liping and was so impressed with the practice. I live in US - Los Angeles and have been trying to find a good authentic Qigong teacher but I have no idea where to start from. It seems that here Tai Chi is more popular and the spiritual part of Qigong not quite so ... or at least I don't know any teacher.

So, I thought perhaps I can start by practicing from a good DVD until I find a teacher. If anybody knows of any teachers in Los Angeles, San Bernardino area please let me know.

Thanks again to all.

16 years of yoga? personally, i would be seeking out the deeper levels of yoga practice if you have that much experience. as far as spiritual qigong goes, i know a couple of guys in your area, but they don't openly teach. i can drop them a line, but they will want to know more about you before they even have tea with you.

i'll be doing a workshop in your area in the coming months, and i'd be happy to meet with you for tea! ;)

so... am i reading you correctly that you are looking for the deeper spiritual aspects of qigong and not just a series of moving exercises?

Edited by Hundun

The authentic qigong training course by Ken Cohen is EXELLENT! Combined with his book on qigong you will have enough stuff to keep you occupied for years! With that course you will understand what all of the techniques included do. He explains everything soberly and doesn't do the mysterious thing other teachers do of -"I know tons of secret techniques, but cant tell you, because your brain could explode"

Sign in to follow this