Sign in to follow this  
Guest artform

Energy Work in the Wounded Body

Guest artform

Two extreme whiplash injuries 18 months apart in my teens meant three years in back/head/chest braces and great lashings of medications. As result in adult life, it has meant years of chiropractic therapy and later physiotherapy, and yet continuing chronic muscle spasms and chronic pain. It has also resulted in cervical vertebrae distortions and muscle-control nerve damage to eye-muscles, micro and macro muscle spasms there, unstable vision, and chronic eyestrain headaches. These in addition to chronic cluster-type migraines.

Add a lifetime of gastric distresses, early ulcers, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, hiatus hernia and two forms of gastric reflux. I am now 61, a cardiac patient taking a medication which which induces erectile dysfunction. Arthritis and other conditions of aging too, including BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia) which first took me to Aneros. And it works for BPH too!

More later on how yoga practices and others have helped manage all of this :D , but I am wondering how others here, with their own physical difficulties, have managed to advance their energy work through Taoist practices?

artform

Edited by artform

artform,

Welcome.

I also have dealt with a "major health project", that included more than a decade of chronic pain.

I am wondering how others here, with their own physical difficulties, have managed to advance their energy work through Taoist practices?
The two things that spring to mind are:

1. Whole Body Vibration (WBV) platforms (link) There's lots of information from the link, and on the web about them.

2. Self acupressure

Trunk

May I ask you how old are you?

If not too old if you start Bagua right now you'll release everything! I can assure you that.It is happening to me!

I thought Yoga and Taiji would have changed me completely. How wrong I was. :)

Luo Dexiu is a top teacher of this art and especially Xingyi.

Good luck.

I'm 55 and I too have chronic pain for the last 10 years. All tai chi and standing meditation if done correctly can help.

Have you tried water aerobics at a local gym or swim center? This is the best form of exercise for someone older and you have to commit to it for at least two years.

A good massage therapist may help. My sister has Crohn's disease and I help get rid of her body pain every few weeks.

Guest artform

Thanks Trunk for the Whole Body Vibration platform idea. I do use a vibration seat and back massage cushion which is quite effective, but I realize very different than the potential benefits of the platform. I do self-accupressure and a physiotherapy self-applied on advice from my therapist. I have earlier downloaded the EFT materials and will soon also explore that more. Thanks again!

Thanks durkhrod chogori. I looked at the video and I believe that I can take up this Bagua practice. I am 61 and still generally mobile, in fact, having very good results with Chi Walking. Much appreciated!

Thanks to you guangping. My doctor also recommends regular massage therapy and I hope soon to be able to do that. Thanks for the tai chi and standing meditation advice too. I will look into that through a local learning centre soon too. Thanks again!

I very much appreciate your suggestions and your experience shared here. I will post any results. Thank you all.

all the best to all

artform

I'm 55 and I too have chronic pain for the last 10 years. All tai chi and standing meditation if done correctly can help.

Have you tried water aerobics at a local gym or swim center? This is the best form of exercise for someone older and you have to commit to it for at least two years.

A good massage therapist may help. My sister has Crohn's disease and I help get rid of her body pain every few weeks.

What is the cause of your chronic pain and where is it.

How do you help your sister get rid of her body pain.

What is the cause of your chronic pain and where is it.

How do you help your sister get rid of her body pain.

I slipped and fell on some stairs causing problems with a lower lumbar disc, which is degenerating. The disc is a smaller one in between the hip right before the tailbone, so I have problems sitting down at times and even laying down doesn't help.

I have practiced massage for over 30 years, and I've learned from tai chi how to listen. I use the standing posture to help diagnose a problem, and then use the person's breathing to release the muscles held in tension. Takes less than 10 minutes to do.

Because my sister has no pelvic wall to hold her lower intestines in, the pull of gravity often throws a hip out of place or the muscles in her lower back get tired from having to counteract against the downward pull. First, I find the spot , then I feel for the trigger point, have her take a really deep breath, then I apply pressure only on the exhalation. Works like a charm, and I can get rid of rib pain, hip pain, make dowager's hump disappear, etc.

Guest artform

Has anybody used meditation instead of numbing medication when getting stitches?

Haven't needed stiches in quite awhile, but when I have had serious dental drilling in the last few years, I do not have any anaesthetic. My dentist expresses some concern but goes through with the procedure. I feel lesser mild sensation but not pain.

I can put a transparent mental box around parts of my body internally and control pain. In my very early teens I had duodenal ulcers which the medications helped somewhat but did not cure. I found yoga then and read. I developed the *mental isolation box* internal body imaging ability, boxed the ulcers and cured myself. They have never recurred.

However, the stress energy release then moved lower to manifest as severe colitis in my later teens and into my twenties and could not be isolated and *boxed* as easily... But was able to be diffused through meditation, breathing techniques which learned in late teens with Yogi Baba, and food limitations.

Anyone else?

artform

Sign in to follow this