chuangzu

Hallo

Hi

I am a newbie to the forum.

I have been studying Taoism for twenty five years and I teach Tai chi, Chi Gung, Kung Fu and Traditional Chinese medicine including eight principles and five elements methods.

I am particularly interested in Taoist Alchemy, Tao Yin and Chi Gung and I have contributed to some articles on Wikipedia.

My current area of interest is the Taoist stone carving in the White Clouds Temple in Beijing and the various translations referring to it regarding the 'microcosmic orbit' energy circulation and meditation method for example 'Secret of the Golden Flower', Doctrine of the Elixir and The Hundred Questions.

Edited by chuangzu

Hi

I am a newbie to the forum.

I have been studying Taoism for twenty five years and I teach Tai chi, Chi Gung, Kung Fu and Traditional Chinese medicine including eight principles and five elements methods.

I am particularly interested in Taoist Alchemy, Tao Yin and Chi Gung and I have contributed to some articles on Wikipedia.

My current area of interest is the Taoist stone carving in the White Clouds Temple in Beijing and the various translations referring to it regarding the 'microcosmic orbit' energy circulation and meditation method for example 'Secret of the Golden Flower', Doctrine of the Elixir and The Hundred Questions.

Hi chuangzu, welcome to the forum and thank you for joining us. Your experience in the area is very impressive.

I was wondering if you have met any skilled Chi Gung masters in your life and if you could describe their skills if it's not a secret.

Thank you

V/R,

Orb

Hi chuangzu, welcome to the forum and thank you for joining us. Your experience in the area is very impressive.

I was wondering if you have met any skilled Chi Gung masters in your life and if you could describe their skills if it's not a secret.

Thank you

V/R,

Orb

Hallo and thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes indeed at the very beginning I met a highly skilled but controversial Chi Gung and T'ai Chi master called Chee Soo. I can tell you what I experienced with him but some people will probably laugh at it, but I'll tell you anyway.

I went to his classes in the local town because I was doing a degree in western philosophy and I was also interested in esoteric matters in particular Eastern philosophy and meditation. I felt that western philosophy was based solely around linguistic analysis with too much emphasis on logic and in essence was not pragmatic.

When I went to Chee Soo's Tai Chi and Chi Gung class he asked my why I was there and I asked him if he taught Taoism, he said 'That's ALL we teach', so I stuck with it.

He would often perform various feats in his classes but with my initially skeptical viewpoint I though that they were tricks setup in advance to lure the gullible. One such ability he had was to apparently push people off balance without touching them. ie from a distance.

Then one day I was at his evening class and we were practicing an exercise in partners which is designed to improve the stance and cultivate energy by pushing against the partner using Chi rather than physical strength, but with contact of course. He came over to us and didn't say a word but motioned for me to put my hands up. I thought to myself that he was an old man and I wasn't going to let him push me over because I was young and quite strong, so I dug in.

Sure enough I felt him starting to push me and after a minute or so my legs began to buckle with the force and I went over, as I started to fall I opened my eyes and to my complete surprise he was standing several feet away and pointing his finger at me. Even though there was no contact I could feel his finger nail digging into my palm. I fell on the floor with the force of the push with was overwhelming and I was stunned, I couldn't speak and I looked up at the other students who had gathered round to watch. One of them just looked at me and nodded.

The old man wandered off and I watched him do exactly the same thing with several other people, each time no contact and the same kind of reaction.

Well I told my students in another class and as you can imagine there was something of a skeptical reaction and they wanted to know if they could see the same thing, well the upshot of it was that several of them turned up at the weekend class. Well during the class the old man sent the senior students out and we went to train on the grass outside. At tea break my students came running out saying 'He did it'. They all seemed amazed, the old man had walked in without saying a word and held his hands up, everyone in the room, about a hundred people, took a step back. They reported to me they had felt like they had been pushed in the chest and had to step back or they would have fallen over. Many of them were beginners and hadn't been primed in any way, all of them, skeptics and so on, one was even a professor from the local university, reported the same experience and none of them could explain it.

Now I'm sure some will say it was hypnosis or weak minded converts bowing to the master's will, but I have seen this same kind of demonstration done many times since, and so have many other people, and there's no way even the most skilled hypnotist could affect an entire room of unselected, unprimed people to display such a forceful reaction. And I have since met many, many people who experienced exactly the same or similar types of experiences with this man.

Well I was scanning some Taoist forums recently and I saw a reference to a website that said very much the same kind of thing, although this was years before I started training, written by someone who only trained with the old man in Chi Gung for a year or so. Have a read of it and judge for yourself.

Edited by chuangzu