chrisjswanson

Brainwave Entrainment Tracks

Hi Everyone

Since I've noticed some interest around here in entrainment, I reinstalled my old copy of NP2 Pro, which can export custom tracks.

This program is really cool, if you're into this stuff I'd recommend it. I can't tell you all the interesting effects I've gotten from experimenting.

I'm offering to make some entrainment tracks for people here so you can try something out if you are interested.

My home upload speed is way slow, but I will host an FTP server anyways unless someone has a better suggestion. If bandwidth becomes a problem I'll look for another solution. Until then it make take a couple hours to download your requested track.

Basically NP2 makes tones, white noise, and can include a background track. There's tons of sound options that I will list out below, but they aren't all needed. If you tell me what you want I will use default values for what you don't provide.

I'll at least need to know:

a) session length

b ) frequency rate at given time points

c) high-low frequency values

For example, "30 minute session, 10hz@0min, 15hz@15min, 10hz@30min - low 220 high 440)

If that doesn't make sense, it's saying "start at 10hz, ramp to 15hz by the 15 minute mark, and back down to 10hz at the 30 minute mark or finish. The 10hz will be on a 220hz carrier increasing until 15hz which will be on a 440hz carrier".

The static or noise tracks and background sound can be modulated in the same way, by specifying frequencies at specific time points.

Also it supports multiple tone tracks, so you can be listening to different frequencies at once.

Depending on how many requests I get I will make these in reasonable time. I don't have anything to do today.

Here's the rest of the options if you want me to make something more specific:

Each Tone Track can be:

Binaural, Monaural, or Isochronic

If Isochronic, the waveform can be:

Square, Sine, or Triangle

and the Starting Phase is (0-360) degrees

The waveform of the tone itself can be

Square Sine or Triangle

The Pitch Ratio is specified with a high / low base / reference system

Low base freq. , low reference (carrier tones will be BaseHz @ when pulsing @refHz)

High base freq. , high reference

Nodes are placed at various time points in the track to specify entrainment frequency

Each node has these options:

Time Point

Entrainment Frequency (probably between .1hz and 50hz)

Wave Depth (Isochronic only)

Background Track

Sound File (you'll have to post it somehow)

Smooth Background Loop (Crossfade) - Yes or No

If Yes, Number of seconds to fade for (default .6)

Pulse waveform (Sine Square or Tri)

Starting Phase (0-360)

Each Background node

Time Point

Entrainment Frequency

CrossFeed Intensity (0-1000)

Pulse Intensity (0-1000)

Low Pass Intensity (0-1000)

Pitch Mod Intensity (0-1000)

Auto Pan Intensity (0-1000)

Noise Track

Can use Brown White or Pink noise

Choose - Stereo Mono or Inverse

Choose WaveForm Sin Square Tri

Starting Phase (0-360)

Each Noise Node

Time Point

Entrainment Frequency

Pulse Intensity (0-1000)

Low Pass Intensity (0-1000)

Auto Pan Intensity (0-1000)

Volume (0-1000)

Noise Smoothness (0-1000)

peace + love

Chris

Edited by chrisjswanson

well, well, well...

looks like you've been holding out on me!

;)

if you could bring me a disk this weekend, i'd love to try one that ramps down to the earth frequency and keeps me there for a while. i'll try to get you the specs this evening.

good stuff.

There are also some free programs that do the same if other's are interested in experimenting. The one I've used in the past is Brain Wave Generator.

http://www.bwgen.com/

I've used entrainment tracks myself and find that they can have some noticable effects. My one 'complaint' is that it's a dependency. I'd rather be able to drop into a meditative state without needing headphones. But, when I'm at home in the morning or before sleep, I've combined the entrainment with other meditation techniques and have had some very interesting results.

Some included open-eye visualizations (it looked like smoke was coming up all around me) and hearing odd things. Like all things, I believe these are just manefestations of the mind but they were very real seeming.

Also, if you need a place host some files I have an FTP but if the bandwidth gets to be too much I'll have to turn it off. I have a website hosted for the band i'm in that has tons of space not being used. PM me if you're interested in hosting them there!

Hundun, No problem, I will bring it for you.

Unconditioned, thanks for the offer, if people are requesting a lot I may take you up on it.

I put up my own server @ ftphost.dynalias.net

The login is "guest" with no password.

I will host any requests on that server for now.

It is upload friendly also, if someone wants to give me a sound file for the background track.

peace + love

Chris

I put a couple tracks from Unconditioned on my ftp server (ftp://ftphost.dynalias.net)

login: guest (no password)

For some reason the server works with IE but not Firefox, command line ftp is fine. If this is being a problem for people I'll switch to http.

I also downloaded a couple tracks from the Transparent home page and exported them for others to try. There are FLAC and MP3 files.

I'll be adding more, I will try to keep the server up, but if you try and it's down just check back later.

Descriptions of a couple tracks I put up (I didn't make these, the descriptions are by the authors):

"The No Time Track"

This is a recreation of the "No Time #2" sessions - also titled "OOBE Session #3" described in James Mann's Awakened Mind I.

I have not changed the target frequency - left it as is.

So it's based on Harmonic Box X theory based on around 220Hz pitch with 7Hz and 14Hz cross-frequencies.

The expected effect of the "no time" state is that at first the state is complete. I interpret this to mean that you will actually lose time - be unaware of time passing at all.

Eventually you are supposed to gain awareness of a part of you for which that state is applicable.

This seems to be where the OOBE idea comes in as you should be able to use that awareness and detachment to trigger an out of body experience.

I'm only at stage one - I seemed to lose up to 40 minutes of this session somewhere so I thought I'd post it on here for those who wish to try it.

Although I haven't changed target frequencies etc... I have modified how the entrainment occurs a little.

For a start, I've used the Warm Ambience as a backing which tracks from 14Hz to 7Hz.

I've also put in independent red/green AudioStrobe also basically tracking to the 7Hz target.

I've given a 10 minute introduction segment tracking from 14Hz to the target 7Hz and then stabilised at 7Hz for another 10 minutes before introducing the Harmonic Box X with another tone being added. This then plays out for the remaining 40 mins.

Mangle it as you wish, and I hope someone gets something out of it.

Regards

Caleb

"6) Gamma Track" The session uses Gamma wave frequencies to induce a feeling of euphoria such as: peace, calm, oneness, and optimism. The frequencies used are based on a circle of fifths pattern from 7.83Hz peaking at 39.63937 then falling back to 26.42645.

peace + love

Chris

I have a simple request. Unfortunately, I don't understand half of the terms you're talking about. I've read a little literature about binaurals, but I still need to catch up on the lingo.

Basically, I just want an hour long track that takes you really deep into a meditative state, which should be a deep theta state. Unfortunately, I can't give specifics on numbers because I have no clue what they mean. :)

Oh yeah, do you need high quality headphones for these tracks because I don't want to have to spend a bunch of money on a nice pair of headphones. :)

Thanks a lot

Seeker

I made your track for you. It's called 14hz-3.5hz Stereo DeSynch

Download it from ftp://ftphost.dynalias.net (login:guest , no password)

If you have trouble with firefox, try IE. If it still won't work let me know.

There's an mp3 and a FLAC file of the session. I'd suggest you decode the FLAC for quality reasons. Headphones are required, but you don't need really great ones. Especially the noise based tracks like the one I made you work fine on old headphones.

I suppose all that stuff I posted initially is a little confusing. If other people want to request anything in plain english instead of frequencies, feel free and I'll do my best.

This is a noise based track with tones to stimulate / balance left and right.

The static ramps from 14hz(low beta) - 3.5hz(low theta), stays for 5 minutes, then ramps back to 10hz(mid alpha)

Since it doesn't ramp back up very high it may leave you feeling spacey or slow. A nice walk after is refreshing.

The tones are out of phase on the left and right channels, balancing frequency toward the middle. A stepping descent is used to alternate stimulating and relaxing until the lower frequency is reached.

The tones only come back up to 8hz.

This image shows the "shape" of the session in the creation window of NP2

http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14hz35hzoy3.png

Bum Grasshopper your Kunlun track's link is expired, if you want to put it somewhere the ftp host I listed above accepts uploads.

peace + love

Chris

I'm sayin n*, you cant just put velvet in the shit and think they nice headphones!

turn them shits UP! :lol:

wonder where

velvet grows

naturally when

wind blows

gimme gimmicks

meme mimics

outside innerspaces

blend in outer splaces

TY so much chris. Much appreciated, I will be sure to use it when I can. Hopefully, I'll have better luck meditating with this.

Joe Blast:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll look into buying nice headphones....

There are also some free programs that do the same if other's are interested in experimenting. The one I've used in the past is Brain Wave Generator.

http://www.bwgen.com/

I've used entrainment tracks myself and find that they can have some noticable effects. My one 'complaint' is that it's a dependency. I'd rather be able to drop into a meditative state without needing headphones. But, when I'm at home in the morning or before sleep, I've combined the entrainment with other meditation techniques and have had some very interesting results.

Some included open-eye visualizations (it looked like smoke was coming up all around me) and hearing odd things. Like all things, I believe these are just manefestations of the mind but they were very real seeming.

Also, if you need a place host some files I have an FTP but if the bandwidth gets to be too much I'll have to turn it off. I have a website hosted for the band i'm in that has tons of space not being used. PM me if you're interested in hosting them there!

I think brainwave entrainment trains your brain to be able to access these states when not listening to them.

That has beem my experience with them anways.

I am currently using Jeffery thompsons Lambda (above 200 hz) and epsilon (below .5 hz) cds

I am having excellent results with these two. :D

Has someone tried Boxed Nirvana or Abyss?

These 'harmonic box' style entrainment tracks use doubled frequencies in one ear or another (sometimes triple I think). I haven't tried one for a while, they seem to be effective at inducing a trance state in people who don't have much experience with meditation / etc.

Personally I think the different frequencies make for a more complex session, I prefer specific target ranges depending on my intention. Some people don't respond at all to this simplicity, however.

I put my server back, freesun is offering me better hosting, should be stable shortly.

http://ftphost.dynalias.net/ will work for the moment.

There's 8 tracks to experiment with available right now.

14hz-3.5hz Stereo DeSynch.mp3

Gamma.mp3

[Alpha] Alternating Hypnotic Relax.mp3

LCM_Power_Meditation.mp3

LCM_Wisdom_Meditation.mp3

NoTime2-AM1.mp3

SMR (Sensory Motor Rhythm) Session.mp3

Sub-Delta Session.mp3

peace + love

Chris