Sign in to follow this  
ToL

Self Giving Qigong

I know somebody that has a problem for giving to herself(love), she's critical and she needs to open her heart to herself. she isn't into Qigong or Chinese medicine, but I think a good and simple practice of Qigong for self giving and love, and opening the heart to yourself can help her, a couple of simple postures. Does anyone know any good practice for this?

I know maybe it's too much, because for development you need to give from yourself, but for someone who isn't into eastern medicine, it can be alot. she's 60 years old.

Love to you all :)

ToL

EDIT:

After thinking about it, I think that for some people it can't help, because they don't see it as development, but need a quick solution for their sickness, just like a pill. If you give the best beautiful, simple cure for someone he will do it once, and it will open things that he doesn't want to deal with(part of the healing/development) then he will say it make him sick and then give up. Give him something complicated that will satisfy his mind, it will cure him, as long as he have WILL. (placebo?)

Edited by ToL

I know somebody that has a problem for giving to herself(love), she's critical and she needs to open her heart to herself. she isn't into Qigong or Chinese medicine, but I think a good and simple practice of Qigong for self giving and love, and opening the heart to yourself can help her, a couple of simple postures. Does anyone know any good practice for this?

I know maybe it's too much, because for development you need to give from yourself, but for someone who isn't into eastern medicine, it can be alot. she's 60 years old.

Love to you all :)

ToL

EDIT:

After thinking about it, I think that for some people it can't help, because they don't see it as development, but need a quick solution for their sickness, just like a pill. If you give the best beautiful, simple cure for someone he will do it once, and it will open things that he doesn't want to deal with(part of the healing/development) then he will say it make him sick and then give up. Give him something complicated that will satisfy his mind, it will cure him, as long as he have WILL. (placebo?)

Does she have any friends or/and pets , family ?

I think you can help her more then any method or any other person - because you see very well her situation maybe even better then she can it's just up to you if you wanna assume the responsibility. The best part is that you both can gain from it.

I don't think Qigong can help much there. But a religion (like Buddhism) definitely can help....

Edited by orb

Books on meditation by Thich Nhat Han are very simple and beautiful, based on developing the inner smile.

Finding a community of people with similar interests of hers is good, people my age take classes and play cards at our local senior center. Maybe taking classes at you community college or art center? A group of friends to go out for sushi every Thursday evening? Joining Big Brothers and Sisters, helping a child in your community...

Lots of ways to combat loneliness and depression, realize they are just part of the natural emotional cycle, and not to dwell on them, let them pass.

Sign in to follow this