Cameron

NYC Tao Bum get together on the 13TH?

I am very sorry I just can't recall the name, this is a problem of being a bum, you just don't care the names and small details of things any more :lol:

The menu of Oriental Garden from your link looks about right, but then again they always serve us Chinese a separate menu in Chinese so I can't be 100% certain it is indeed the same restaurant.

We could meet at the Bank on the corner of Elizabeth and Canal, I am pretty sure is a Citibank, it has a huge lobby that can fit a hundred people so the rain won't be a problem, the restaurant is just a stone throw distance from the bank.

The best Chinatown restaurants are all close by in the vicinity, so within a 5 minutes walk we have access to the finest Chinese restaurants in the city, I have tried most of them and stick to only a few, the one on Elizabeth tops my list for its value, menu selections, big tables for group gathering, and of course most importantly, the taste of the food! This is a all-around good Chinese restaurant, they are specialty restaurants too that I know but since everyone has different taste of different style of food, I think this one is the most suitable for the event.

Edited by Qui-Dao

I am very sorry I just can't recall the name, this is a problem of being a bum, you just don't care the names and small details of things any more :lol:

The menu of Oriental Garden from your link looks about right, but then again they always serve us Chinese a separate menu in Chinese so I can't be 100% certain it is indeed the same restaurant.

We could meet at the Bank on the corner of Elizabeth and Canal, I am pretty sure is a Citibank, it has a huge lobby that can fit a hundred people so the rain won't be a problem, the restaurant is just a stone throw distance from the bank.

The best Chinatown restaurants are all close by in the vicinity, so within a 5 minutes walk we have access to the finest Chinese restaurants in the city, I have tried most of them and stick to only a few, the one on Elizabeth tops my list for its value, menu selections, big tables for group gathering, and of course most importantly, the taste of the food! This is a all-around good Chinese restaurant, they are specialty restaurants too that I know but since everyone has different taste of different style of food, I think this one is the most suitable for the event.

Ahhh Its a CITIBANK! haha Its true...there are two separate menus. The chinese menu has a better selection..

mainly the non-american flavor ^_^

The chinese menu has a better selection..

Exactly, for example, this restaurant has the best selections of Chinese casseroles, it's one of its specialties, in Chinese version of menu there are 20 or more varieties of casseroles, but I see only 5 on the menu online.

Great, Citibank lobby on Canal and Elizabeth at 2pm, Saturday.

I should probably contact Thaddeus and spyrelx if they want to come.

I'm a meat eater. Carnivorous as they come.

There are a couple of very good places on Bayard Street. New Green Bo is one. They make the most delicious siu long bao (little pork dumplings) I've ever had. They have a good menu. Theres another one across the street that has a good menu but the name escapes me. There are a few more but I can't remember the names. One is by the big Buddhist temple off Canal & Bowery. It's a famous Szechuan place.

I could go on.

See you at Citibank.

small John

See you guys at Citibank at 2!

Well, I won't be able to make it this saturday to see you all.

I have to be in New Jeresey at the Wong Fei Hung tournaments.

My Sifu and I have been planning this for a while, and I just got

word that it was the 12th, not the 20th like I was previously told.

I hope you all enjoy yourself, and I hope that one day we can have another

weekend lunch so I can get a chance to meet you all.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin